Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Spritework Request & Showcase Thread  (Read 1055570 times)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1200 on: July 18, 2014, 03:27:29 AM »
@Las
There was one dude that I remember that did famitracker versions of both Timeman's and Oilman's stage themes.
There are two versions, actually. He did one using exactly the same "instruments" as in MM1, and later on he updated them to sound a bit more like the later games.
I actually have the nsf files of the first versions.
"Stuff and things."

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1201 on: July 18, 2014, 08:52:25 PM »
A little preview of my next sprite mini-sheet:        And a sprite expo (no, not the markers)       +    a full sheet of that CVC Simon   
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 08:54:36 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1202 on: July 20, 2014, 02:03:40 AM »
Just a little something I whipped up for a contest over on Inc. Nothing major.

Now I wait for Shiroi to tell me I did the Romaji incorrectly, lol.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1203 on: July 20, 2014, 02:41:39 PM »
So thats 2 old-timey megamans there.... huh....  I finished that slash I posted yesterday.   

[EDIT] : Got some X:corrupted armors here.    Seems like the new trend in town.

[EDIT#2] Wow. This thread kinda, is dead. Welp, more sprites for everybody! Yay! 1st: X9 armors     And I ripped the Charge palettes and animations from the X games as well:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 05:42:41 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1204 on: July 23, 2014, 08:02:37 PM »
 Since im still sick my friend made a lot of work trying to finish the sprites for Trevor and hope in the future to remake the sprites of Alucard from Mirror of Fate

This contain a spoiler of Lord of Shadow 2
(click to show/hide)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1205 on: July 24, 2014, 12:51:44 PM »
Jop, your sprites are great, but they don't look CV style. They look more like you made your own style. If your going for a CV style, try using darker colors with more contrast.

[EDIT] 3 things. #1 is style crossover:   #2. an RMZ style X:    #3.  SNES.    #4. (yes I was wrong back there when I said only 3) Phenix and Neptune for the new game : http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25521.html TSRPG   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 02:47:46 PM by ZeroSaberGreen »

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2017-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2017-12-Holiday Sprite Award First Place 2016-04-Story Contest - 1st place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Gold 2015-05- Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1206 on: July 25, 2014, 07:28:24 AM »
Trevor is almost done, perhpas need fix in some parts but im in the end.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1207 on: July 25, 2014, 10:33:13 AM »
Trevor is almost done, perhpas need fix in some parts but im in the end.

Look at the way megaman puts his arms up before he puts them out. You might want to have Trevor do something similiar.

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1208 on: July 25, 2014, 06:01:14 PM »
I tryed to make something like the activation of the DSS of Nathan but i think its a mix of both, the animation of X and the DSS of Nathan i think there is one sprites that i cant see, perhaps i make that sprite faster, i need to see that and make that part slower.
 The form of the body it was made by slogra but i made the coat moves and the hair, that was a hell since im not good making that things but since my friend dont know how to do that i was the better option XD.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1209 on: August 03, 2014, 02:04:29 PM »
Considering the fact that I'm extremely lazy, I'm just posting all of my unshowcased sprites (so far) in a folder and giving it to you guys. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByBFIVhMlCcXUFIxZDFpNEp4ek0&usp=sharing  Note: I require constructive criticism for my sprites. Please refer to my sprites by their respective filenames. Another thing, on the file named "Anotha one.png" was tampered by my brother. Please ignore it.

[EDIT] The file named "666.png" is a MM7 style of NinjamanZ's Reaper Man.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1210 on: August 04, 2014, 04:25:06 PM »
[DOUBLE POST] Got a new hurt animation for Zero. Old version:    New version (by me):

And Zero stuff.

Offline Las

• Vampire Hunter
  • Whoa dude!what a horrible night for no beer.....
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • Awards
« Reply #1211 on: August 04, 2014, 05:15:15 PM »
oh hey Incubbus...yeah you may wanna talk to retro artist on that..he is the one deciding on the tracks for the levels. We already have some custom ones we did aswell.

Taking Edward Scissorhands to a whole new level!

Offline Jop

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1212 on: August 05, 2014, 08:19:12 AM »
wiiii

This moves i made just for fun since in the project that i work i cant make the character make that but i learn a lot making this

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1213 on: August 06, 2014, 01:07:17 PM »
Oh yay megamans

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
    • twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #1214 on: August 09, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »
I have a request. http://i.imgur.com/JzhI0Am.png  Couldo somebody separate each frame into it's own image?

anything