Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Blasphemous  (Read 5355 times)

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« on: September 17, 2019, 05:08:24 AM »
It's kinda strange that's there's no topic dedicated to Blasphemous here yet, since the game is much more CV than Dark souls-like, it even have secret passages that must be opened hitting walls and enemies that dies in flames, two staples in the castlevania series.
But what you guys are thinking about the game? I'm personally liking it very much, the art is incredible, the gameplay is smooth and the music gives me a feeling of sadness and regret, strongly immersive. it's a truly decent game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/774361/Blasphemous/

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:30:01 AM »
One of the Dungeonites brought this title to our attention not too long ago. Not sure which thread it's on, but it has been mentioned. And yes, it does indeed look awesome  8)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 09:45:38 AM by X »
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline xscientist5000

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania 64 (N64)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 09:59:29 PM »
Right, from what I remember it took this game a long time to be finished... but man it was worth it! I found it far superior to Ritual of the Night, which I expected going in to be disappointed due to the art style and lead character choice... Okay game overall, just didn't give me the feels I was hoping for.
The music in Blasphemous is great, art style is just what I've been wanting.. It really comes close to SOTN. Only drawbacks are you're stuck with one weapon, after some of the initial cut scenes, you expect more but don't really get any cool ones after killing a boss like you do the first boss.
Spanish game devs are doing it right for me, Lecarde chronicle games and now this.. I hope they keep it coming.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 08:11:48 AM »
I started playing it but then I was like uggggh why does the combat have to be so Souls?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2019, 09:48:59 AM »
A lot of people are obsessed with the souls series so it comes as no surprise. But for a 2D side-scroller you really don't want that kind of play-style as it is far more limited it terms of combat then if it were it 3D.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline AlexCalvo

• The man.
  • Legendary Hunter
  • No longer a jerk, but still wonderful.
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 03:14:20 PM »
A lot of people are obsessed with the souls series so it comes as no surprise. But for a 2D side-scroller you really don't want that kind of play-style as it is far more limited it terms of combat then if it were it 3D.
I want it very much.  Blasphemous's gamplay is wonderful.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13104670/1/Castlevania-Birth-of-the-Dragon

Dracula was not always a monster. He was once a man named Mathias Cronqvist. A flawed, conflicted, genius of a man. How did the educated, aristocratic, crusader who piously served the church become a vampire, and eventually the Dark Lord himself, the opposing force to God? From a very young age terrors and tragedy shaped the man into the king of all evil. This is his story.

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 03:37:50 PM »
Agree. This game is having a deep effect on my psyche. Few games can do that other than Castlevania. It's not perfect, but wow.. so many awesome moments.

Anyone have favorites so far?

Melquiades - The Exhumed Archbishop... brilliant enemy.

It's kinda strange that's there's no topic dedicated to Blasphemous here yet, since the game is much more CV than Dark souls-like, it even have secret passages that must be opened hitting walls and enemies that dies in flames, two staples in the castlevania series.
But what you guys are thinking about the game? I'm personally liking it very much, the art is incredible, the gameplay is smooth and the music gives me a feeling of sadness and regret, strongly immersive. it's a truly decent game.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/774361/Blasphemous/

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2019, 10:16:04 PM »
The graphics and atmosphere look amazing but I'm not big into parrying in my sidescrollers. Same problem I had with Slain, it just bogs down the game.

You can do slow and methodical gameplay without parrying. Just look at Castlevania 1 and Rondo. Great examples of needing to use precise movements and knowing when to back off and when to attack.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Scarlet starlet

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2019, 07:45:02 AM »
Beat it yesterday, I loved it. I can see why some people would criticize its platforming and certain other aspects (switching between relics is annoying, kilometers of backtracking, death from gravity etc.) but overall it's been a blast. Many thanks for bringing this game to my attention.

Tags:

anything