Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848815 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1410 on: May 29, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »
+1
I'm not seeing GoW but I do want to see some video footage though. Btw why does Trevor have the combat cross and Simon have the vampire killer? I thought the combat cross and the vampire killer were the same in the Cox universe?

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1411 on: May 29, 2012, 04:42:07 PM »
+1
Whenever someone says LoS is a GOW clone a kitten dies.
Seriously, the games have nothing in common besides being epic.
Combat
QTES
Wall Shimmering

These elements were in all God of War games, and LoS is very similar, with it's own differences. Only a blind guy wouldn't see the inspiration there.

Copying another game element doesn't makes something a bad game.

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1412 on: May 29, 2012, 04:42:14 PM »
I'm guessing the Combat Cross probably either becomes the VK after some time or is replaced but who knows.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1413 on: May 29, 2012, 04:45:35 PM »
I'm not seeing GoW but I do want to see some video footage though. Btw why does Trevor have the combat cross and Simon have the vampire killer? I thought the combat cross and the vampire killer were the same in the Cox universe?
Isn't the CC one of the weapons of the Brotherhood? It's not uniqe I think.
Simon is holding a leather whip

Everything comes full circle

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #1414 on: May 29, 2012, 04:46:33 PM »
I'm guessing the Combat Cross probably either becomes the VK after some time or is replaced but who knows.
From the art, Simon's whip seems to be a classic leather whip. Combat Cross's whip was a chain whip. I'm guessing they are different weapons(or someone takes the chain whip of the CC and ties the leather around it).

My question is, how did Trevor get his hands on the CC?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #1415 on: May 29, 2012, 04:48:18 PM »
+2
Combat
QTES
Wall Shimmering

These elements were in all God of War games, and LoS is very similar, with it's own differences. Only a blind guy wouldn't see the inspiration there.

Copying another game element doesn't makes something a bad game.
You could say that about PoP or many games. LoS feels different IMO. Dante's Inferno, now that's a clone

Everything comes full circle

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1417 on: May 29, 2012, 04:52:34 PM »
You could say that about PoP or many games. LoS feels different IMO. Dante's Inferno, now that's a clone
Yes, I can say. Because they copy many elements that people thought were good in other games. PoP even makes it's own thing, wall running (I think Ninja Gaiden did it first, if I'm not mistaken).

Dante's Inferno is a clone too, with it's own differences, just like LoS.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
  • In the shadows, lurks redemption
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #1418 on: May 29, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »
I also have to question how Trevor has the combat cross. Was it not destroyed or crushed by Gabriel when he gained the forgotten ones power and embraced his role as dark lord of the vampires?

Simon could've inherited it from Trevor, who may lose the combat cross eventually.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #1419 on: May 29, 2012, 05:50:46 PM »
Rinaldo makes a new CC. Mystery solved.

While all these new revelations sound good on paper, I can't help but muse over the fact how many people here that are C_MMING THEIR PANTS OMG SO SEXY will be sorely disappointed once the game is released, for whatever reason(s). And there WILL be reasons.

A storm's coming...

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1420 on: May 29, 2012, 05:55:07 PM »
Nothing really new, since castlevania fans and others have been doing that for years. I just wait and see how they are, don't really follow hype trains. But I do admit, I am loving what I'm hearing of these two new vanias, but that doesn't make them automatically perfect of course. Only time will tell.

Also, I was under the impression that Reinaldo had long passed on before Gabriel Weston his quest.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1421 on: May 29, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »
It's funny 'cuz I love Dante's Inferno but really don't like God of War.  Weiiiird.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #1422 on: May 29, 2012, 05:55:53 PM »
+2
while variety is best (and thus Alucard and Sypha would make excellent 3rd and 4th playable characters), there's something poetic about having four Belmonts of the same lineage battling the castle a hundred years apart.  imagine Trevor, Christopher, Simon, and Richter, the classic-vania stars, all taking their legendary cracks at Dracula in this game. 

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #1423 on: May 29, 2012, 05:59:33 PM »
while variety is best (and thus Alucard and Sypha would make excellent 3rd and 4th playable characters), there's something poetic about having four Belmonts of the same lineage battling the castle a hundred years apart.  imagine Trevor, Christopher, Simon, and Richter, the classic-vania stars, all taking their legendary cracks at Dracula in this game.

That would be awesome.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1424 on: May 29, 2012, 06:00:45 PM »
That's if they are after Gabriel. For all we could know, they could be after minions of lucifer or other vampires. This continuity has proven to be different from the original, so I wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel (Dracul) isn't the main enemy/final boss/ foe.

Tags: .....? 

anything