Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848736 times)

Offline Raxivace

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
Re: Castlevania Mirror of Fate ( 3DS per request )
« Reply #1530 on: May 30, 2012, 03:39:29 AM »
Woah the next SMT is coming to the 3DS?
Who are you and why are you reading my signature?

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #1531 on: May 30, 2012, 03:41:40 AM »
Woah the next SMT is coming to the 3DS?

Not to keep us off topic here but yes, Shin Megami Tensei IV is coming to the 3DS. The website will be live in the next 24 hours.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-30-shin-megami-tensei-4-coming-to-3ds

Offline Raxivace

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #1532 on: May 30, 2012, 03:43:56 AM »
Interesting, interesting...

But yeah the 3DS is definitely getting a much better library. If MoF is successful, I wonder if we'll see even more games like it in the future.
Who are you and why are you reading my signature?

Offline Rictrunks

• ----
  • Hunter in Training
  • ----
    • Awards
« Reply #1533 on: May 30, 2012, 04:05:18 AM »
+1
I've made a fan-made soundtrack for Castlevania: Mirror of Fate. Please listen it. It has also HQ artworks from the game. Hope you like it!
Castlevania: Mirror of Fate Soundtrack (fan-made) with HQ Artworks
I've posted a new topic on Fan Section also: http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,4979.new.html#new

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1534 on: May 30, 2012, 04:34:49 AM »
Finally saw and read the full scans.

"The lost soul" sounds like Alucard, and I don't think he's Trevor or Simon. Thank goodness the Belmonts are human, I didn't expect the article to answer the origin of Trevor.

Everything still sounds really promising, combat still worries me. I hope things don't drag out for too long, hard to make the call about things that were in LoS and how well they will transition to a side scroller without footage.

We'll find out everything Friday morning. :)
That's exactly what I'm worring too. NP even said they tought the combat was dragged...

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #1535 on: May 30, 2012, 05:00:44 AM »
+1
From the way I see it, the ending of the game for MOF will be Trevor Belmont teaming up with Simon Belmont and defeat Lord Dracula once again and the Dracula's castle goes KABOOM!. In the end, we've unlocked a new mode called Boss Rush Mode, Sound Mode, Hard Mode etc. XD I really do hope that Koji Igarashi would be able to return to his throne and produce another game for Castlevania in the future. :(

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1536 on: May 30, 2012, 05:24:39 AM »
+3
I really do hope that Koji Igarashi would be able to return to his throne and produce another game for Castlevania in the future. :(

It might be a question of him not wanting that anymore instead of not being able to. Konami's suits are the ones who pick the producers for their projects and at least for the moment the LoS branch is their golden boy. But yeah, I hope he isn't completely done with CV.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #1537 on: May 30, 2012, 05:44:42 AM »
Just the read the lot.  Many thanks, soma555!

Love Trevor's look, elegant and classy but full of almost-arrogant purpose.  Pure out-and-out Belmont.  Agree with comments on Simon's beard: that is a very nice touch.

I think the overall in-game design (thus far) is looking beautiful.  I had concerns, but the purple and orange colours really complement the main character and the green of Trevor's cloak.  There's a warmth and charm to proceedings.  Love those hanging laterns, the wooden structures, the full moon on the purple backdrop with the silhouette of the castle.  Really how'd I'd picture a dark Transylvanian landscape.  Gorgeous.  Bless those artists at Mercurysteam, they really are some of the best in the business.

Concerns?  Aye, if they're popping in the Lords combat system, I think it will be a bit of a slog at times.  Looks like getting through the castle gates is not going to be easy (mind, neither it should).  But looking on the positive side, it will make reaching the next area all the more satisfying after slogging through a throng of monsters (if it's not more monsters of course!).  Adore the fact that light and shadow magic returns for Trevor which’ll mean there’ll be incentive for continued combination of hits while not getting hit.  Hopefully though, some enemies are one-hit kills during platforming sections, helping the flow of the game.

Cox and Enric Alvarez deserve a fair bit of praise I think for listening to fan feedback.  It’s darker, we’ve got skeletons, undead knights, morning-star enemies, exploration, jumping on chandeliers, safe-fall, double-jump, Trevor and Simon and who knows what else.  It's proper stocked.  Just praying now for a solid framerate and a good gameplay run.

Offline Francis

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #1538 on: May 30, 2012, 05:46:24 AM »
+1
Fantastic scans :o,I have nothing to add to what has been said in other posts except... Hypeee ;D
off topic
someone would be interested in selling both nintendo power (normal and subscription)? I collect everything about castlevania and I would like to have these fantastic magazines, only problem ,I live in Europe. If anyone is interested send me a private message and I will make my (juicy) offer  ;)

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #1539 on: May 30, 2012, 05:58:37 AM »
+2
It might be a question of him not wanting that anymore instead of not being able to. Konami's suits are the ones who pick the producers for their projects and at least for the moment the LoS branch is their golden boy. But yeah, I hope he isn't completely done with CV.

Exactly A-Yty, I am really worried about Koji Igarashi's current status towards Konami. Without him, there will be absolutely no more the original of Castlevania. But in fact, I'm also actually looking forward for LOS2 and MOF as well. At first, I thought MOF was all about the Demon Castle War in 1999 where Lord Dracula was finally defeated by the hands of Julius Belmont as you can see. Now I'm really surprise to see Trevor Belmont and Simon Belmont finally reunite together to defeat Lord Dracula. It's such a great idea of the storyline from MercurySteam and David Cox though. :D

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #1540 on: May 30, 2012, 06:13:39 AM »
+2
IGA being out of the picture might not mean the complete abandoning of the original timeline. They might hire someone else for the job. But at the moment, Pachislots are about the only fresh dose of the "Akumajou continuity" (I really don't like this separation thing) and that isn't an ideal situation. Those who want to see the original continuity finished, can only hope that'll change sooner rather than later. The more time passes, the slimmer the changes get of "Akumajou" getting undivided attention.

MoF looks promising and that's good, but I still want to see a conclusion to the original canon.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1541 on: May 30, 2012, 06:38:53 AM »

This game looks so good I can't breathe.

HOWEVER, the article mentioned that the combat "drags on" occasionally, which is pretty much my #1 concern. Someone already mentioned Bloodrayne Betrayal some pages ago, and I agree that sometimes you just wanted to scream at the regular enemies to just DIE already. I want a nice pace and flow in the game, not closed-off arena fights. Most of the old 2D Castlevanias had enemies you could always jump over and escape. I wonder if that's even an option here? I hate when the screen freezes and you need to clear the screen of enemies. It's fine with bosses and maybe a couple of harder enemies, but not ever single fight.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #1542 on: May 30, 2012, 06:58:49 AM »
This game looks so good I can't breathe.

HOWEVER, the article mentioned that the combat "drags on" occasionally, which is pretty much my #1 concern. Someone already mentioned Bloodrayne Betrayal some pages ago, and I agree that sometimes you just wanted to scream at the regular enemies to just DIE already. I want a nice pace and flow in the game, not closed-off arena fights. Most of the old 2D Castlevanias had enemies you could always jump over and escape. I wonder if that's even an option here? I hate when the screen freezes and you need to clear the screen of enemies. It's fine with bosses and maybe a couple of harder enemies, but not ever single fight.
That's EXACTLY what I'm hoping you can do, jump over the enemies and go on.

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #1543 on: May 30, 2012, 07:08:40 AM »
i finally got caught up again to this fast moving thread. I finished those scans and wow, i dont think its possible for me to be any more excited for this game, hopefully we get a video or something soon. Also, i noticed in the scans that there are quite a few more screen shots than the 2 we got before. Is there anybody adept with photoshop or something so we can get them resized and reposted?

between this and SMT 4 getting announced, it looks like im gonna have to buy a 3ds after all!
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #1544 on: May 30, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
So far sounds interesting, i only need to find a job so i can buy a 3DS. Also looking at the screenshots i couldn't help, but thinking that it has some similarities from older games.

Ruler of Chaos

Tags: .....?