Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848815 times)

Offline beingthehero

• Duke of New York
  • Master Hunter
  • EROTIC VIOLENCE
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2220 on: June 06, 2012, 12:02:54 PM »
Good lord, where is her torso?

Offline ZenTzen

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
« Reply #2221 on: June 06, 2012, 12:03:51 PM »
Interview and  gameplay

Castlevania Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (Nintendo 3DS) - Avance de Enric Álvarez
Ok this is what he says:
first he starts talking about how konami comes to them to take care of the CV franchise and he says he thinks they must be joking asking where are the candid cameras, then he says they gave them total creative freedom wether its story, graphics, gameplay, telling us it shows in LoS and it s gonna be noticeable in MoF, then he goes to say the events of LoS continue in MoF but in a special way, then he goes on to say that the 3ds was perfect to continue in a narrative standpoint and once konami and nintendo agreed they started the project and he says konami was very courageous to start a middle chapter in the 3ds, then he goes on to talk about the 2.5d and how the 3d is more noticeable because of the fixed camera showing the action plain while behind it shows other stuff thats happening at the same time, then he goes on to say they felt they should make an homage to the roots of the saga, he then says its a game with an emphasis in combat and a an exploration componant very similar to previous games in the classics saying its acolage of ideas from the games then he ends saying they hope they made a great game and hopes people like it

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2222 on: June 06, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
Who can deny tits/boobs? Also, dat ass?

I know I cannot.  8)
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2223 on: June 06, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
That Alvarez video runs a lot smoother than the feed.

Here's hoping the demo is an old build. Wouldn't be the first time

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2224 on: June 06, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »
That Alvarez video runs a lot smoother than the feed.

Here's hoping the demo is an old build. Wouldn't be the first time

The interview awesome glad I found it. The feed was disappointing  :(
(click to show/hide)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2225 on: June 06, 2012, 12:08:09 PM »

Yes for Sonia after all how can someone deny this?

Damn, I still believe that Sonia's design was WASTED on Legends. She should've gotten a better game.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2226 on: June 06, 2012, 12:11:28 PM »
Damn, I still believe that Sonia's design was WASTED on Legends. She should've gotten a better game.

Yes she deserves it; still love you Sonia  :-*

That's why that pic above me is my wallpaper  ;D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:16:44 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2228 on: June 06, 2012, 12:18:33 PM »
"- Mirror of Fate was influenced by Dracula’s Curse, an entry that Dave Cox remembers fondly"

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/06/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2mirror-of-fate-interview/
(click to show/hide)

Offline knightmere

• Lord of The Abyss
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2229 on: June 06, 2012, 12:25:59 PM »
"- Mirror of Fate was influenced by Dracula’s Curse, an entry that Dave Cox remembers fondly"

http://www.justpushstart.com/2012/06/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2mirror-of-fate-interview/

Mentioning David cox and Dracula's Curse in the same sentence makes we want to vomit.

Offline djrunza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Founder of CV: Souls of Sorrow
    • Awards
« Reply #2230 on: June 06, 2012, 12:32:48 PM »
+1
Ok this is what he says:
first he starts talking about how konami comes to them to take care of the CV franchise and he says he thinks they must be joking asking where are the candid cameras, then he says they gave them total creative freedom wether its story, graphics, gameplay, telling us it shows in LoS and it s gonna be noticeable in MoF, then he goes to say the events of LoS continue in MoF but in a special way, then he goes on to say that the 3ds was perfect to continue in a narrative standpoint and once konami and nintendo agreed they started the project and he says konami was very courageous to start a middle chapter in the 3ds, then he goes on to talk about the 2.5d and how the 3d is more noticeable because of the fixed camera showing the action plain while behind it shows other stuff thats happening at the same time, then he goes on to say they felt they should make an homage to the roots of the saga, he then says its a game with an emphasis in combat and a an exploration componant very similar to previous games in the classics saying its acolage of ideas from the games then he ends saying they hope they made a great game and hopes people like it

Hey guys, check it out at 1:12-1:24 on the video link on Youtube. Are those "Flea Man"? That part was actually hilarious! It does really reminds me of "Despicable Me" movie. Lol! XD

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2231 on: June 06, 2012, 12:36:42 PM »
Hey guys, check it out at 1:12-1:24 on the video link on Youtube. Are those "Flea Man"? That part was actually hilarious! It does really reminds me of "Despicable Me" movie. Lol! XD

They definitely have to be...and it looks like they'll do their job of annoying both the other enemies and the player!  ;D
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #2232 on: June 06, 2012, 12:37:13 PM »

Just once I'd love to see these so-called "journalists" in the gaming press asking some probing questions.

Has anyone ever put Cox's fan credentials to the test?  I'd laugh my ass off if he couldn't even tell us Trevor's Japanese name.

Or --to be fair...  Alucard's real name.  Since that was actually in the game.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:43:09 PM by cecil-kain »

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2233 on: June 06, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »
What if the third Belmont is Gabriel....Belmont.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #2234 on: June 06, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »
worst post in the thread
Your incessant hatred of Cox is seriously annoying and immature.

The game looks...actually really quite good. It's definitely LoS in 2D, but it doesn't look as non-Castlevania as I thought it would be. Those hunchbacks are HILARIOUS, I love Mercury Steam's sense of humor. LoS had a little bit of those quirky moments too.

What made me initially hate the idea of the combat being like LoS was because I assumed enemy placement would be similar to classic games. If the pacing is broken up into platforming, exploring, combat, like LoS, then it doesn't sound like a bad thing at all. It's more focused, I was just afraid we would be dealing with Bloodrayne levels of stupid combos.

I've played LoS and I enjoyed it enough to consider it a good game, so I think I'll end up liking MoF too now that it has a more "Castlevania" focus in it's overall direction.

I have to say, the game looks really gorgeous too. MS has some of the greatest artists in this industry right now.

I wouldn't worry about the music and in game SFX, they're all just placeholders.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 12:58:15 PM by OSM »

Tags: .....? 

anything