Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848622 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2415 on: June 06, 2012, 07:39:02 PM »
+2
With all this good news I will say this. I have never seen castlevania get this much publicity it's awesome.

I hope for this game to pull off a circle of the moon and succeed  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2416 on: June 06, 2012, 07:39:13 PM »
When I transcribed Cox's Twitter questions today, I sure as hell did not see that. Where did someone pose the question in that manner? He only got people asking "IS Trevor the same as Alucard?"

A few pages back someone posted his answers and one of them was about the white haired guy being Trevor and he said "no".

Like I said, if it was asked only if trevor was Alucard it could be spun around since Trevor had not become Alucard yet.

But when it was asked if Alucard (white haired guy in LOS2) was Trevor he also said no which would be BS if he is since even though he is Alucard now he is STILL Trevor only transformed now.

Its like If I got turned into a vampire and named myself "Syrius" or something, I would still be me only transformed.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2417 on: June 06, 2012, 07:43:07 PM »
+1
Trevor "IS" not Alucard. Alucard "USED TO BE" Trevor. The magic of present and past tense!  ;)
Now you're just splitting hairs.  ;D

I don't think the mirror will give the game time "travel," just the ability to see the past and future.  I don't think the future can affect the past...
I always thought this was the most likely of scenarios. The mirror shows the future, and whether or not you can break the chains of fate is up to you.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2418 on: June 06, 2012, 07:43:29 PM »
+2

EDIT #2: He responded 2 minutes later.
@gameshowvault - I just cannot comment on story details because I don't want to spoil it for everyone.

Ha! Thank you folks, I'm here all week.

Well if anything he only further confirmed it now since he did not outright say no lol.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2419 on: June 06, 2012, 07:45:19 PM »
A few pages back someone posted his answers

Yes, that someone was me.  :P

Now you're just splitting hairs.  ;D

Yes I agree. But logically speaking, my statements can still be correct, and it all hinges upon one word! ;)

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #2420 on: June 06, 2012, 07:45:44 PM »
A few pages back someone posted his answers and one of them was about the white haired guy being Trevor and he said "no".

Like I said, if it was asked only if trevor was Alucard it could be spun around since Trevor had not become Alucard yet.

But when it was asked if Alucard (white haired guy in LOS2) was Trevor he also said no which would be BS if he is since even though he is Alucard now he is STILL Trevor only transformed now.

Its like If I got turned into a vampire and named myself "Syrius" or something, I would still be me only transformed.
OR, Gabriel calling himself "Dracula". He's still Gabriel, just now under another assumed name. Same with Mathias Cronqvist, who renames himself in the same way. Hell, in the original canon, his name maybe be Alucard, but he's still Adrien Farenheights Tepes, even though he prefers Alucard to distance himself from his father. I don't think it's ever been stated to be literal that when some one changes their name, they cease to be who they WERE before their name change. Maybe figuratively, but, c'mon, Darth Vader's still Anakin Skywalker, dark clad Sith lord or not.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:48:31 PM by DragonSlayr81 »

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2421 on: June 06, 2012, 07:47:35 PM »
OR, Gabriel calling himself "Dracula". He's still Gabriel, just now under another assumed name. Same with Mathias Cronqvist, who renames himself in the same way. Hell, in the original canon, his name maybe be Alucard, but he's still Adrien Farenheights Tepes, even though he prefers Alucard to distance himself from his father.

Thats my point!

Trying to dance around it or split hairs isn't going to change the fact that Cox said no to the Trevor=Alucard thing and now it seems as if it may come true.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2422 on: June 06, 2012, 07:49:09 PM »
OR, Gabriel calling himself "Dracula". He's still Gabriel, just now under another assumed name. Same with Mathias Cronqvist, who renames himself in the same way. Hell, in the original canon, his name maybe be Alucard, but he's still Adrien Farenheights Tepes, even though he prefers Alucard to distance himself from his father.

I think his point is that the thing wasn't supposed to be officially revealed until that trailer was shown at E3, so Cox used "PR speak" to spin it. Now that it's out of the bag, he can confirm it in his "I can't spoil this" way.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #2423 on: June 06, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »
I think maybe that we've spoiled ourselves enough. I'm for one am going to retire myself from any further speculation.
I don't want to have the story figured out before buying it because a lot of us here are really good at doing math.

Trying to dance around it or split hairs isn't going to change the fact that Cox said no to the Trevor=Alucard thing and now it seems as if it may come true.

A hair can mean the different between a true and false statement. Cox said no to Trever being Alucard...which would still be true Alucard was once Trevor. 
I love this lively debate over "IS" and "WAS" and showing how present and past tense can totally change things...but I'm going to just agree to disagree with you. This can go on for weeks.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 07:54:39 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #2424 on: June 06, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »
knowing how cox occasionally twists the truth for the sake of his games, i wouldn't be surprised if he held that yes/no/maybe session for the sole purpose of saying "no" if someone asked him that specific question. i bet he was expecting it to be a super crazy twist no one was expecting a la playing as raiden in MGS2 instead of snake.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2425 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55:39 PM »
People who played at E3 confirming bad framerate with multiple enemies.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2426 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »
+1
I think maybe that we've spoiled ourselves enough. I'm for one am going to retire myself from any further speculation.
I don't want to have the story figured out before buying it because a lot of us here are really good at doing math.

A hair can mean the different between a true and false statement. Cox said no to Trever being Alucard...which would still be true Alucard was once Trevor. 
I love this lively debate over "IS" and "WAS" and showing how present and past tense can totally change things...but I'm going to just agree to disagree with you. This can go on for weeks.

soooooo.....by your definition if someone asked if Batman was Bruce Wayne it would be ok to say "no"?

Simply because he doesn't have the suit on?

But whatever, I'll agree to disagree.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #2427 on: June 06, 2012, 07:59:02 PM »
soooooo.....by your definition if someone asked if Batman was Bruce Wayne it would be ok to say "no"?

Simply because he doesn't have the suit on?

But whatever, I'll agree to disagree.

I find that a funny comparison if only because Batman himself would tell you that Batman is not the same person as Bruce Wayne.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2428 on: June 06, 2012, 08:01:36 PM »
I find that a funny comparison if only because Batman himself would tell you that Batman is not the same person as Bruce Wayne.

Yea I know Batman would be like "I am not Bruce Wayne I am the BATMAN".

Hell he has done it countless times lol.

But from a "logical" standpoint is that true?

That simply because he putts that suit on he is no longer the person he is under it?

Batman is only the "alter ego" of Bruce Wayne which means that he is still him underneath it all.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #2429 on: June 06, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »
People who played at E3 confirming bad framerate with multiple enemies.

Someone should tell Cox and ms on his twitter. This is not acceptable.  :(
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Tags: .....? 

anything