Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848859 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #2550 on: June 07, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »
I can look past the framerate issues. It's the attack-damage ratio that worries me.

Seems that a lot of people are saying that Trevor's attacks don't do as much damage as they should (a criticism that applied to LoS with certain enemies). I don't want to be battling a group of skeletons for 5+ minutes. A heavy weapon such as the Combat Cross should be more than capable of taking them out in 1-2 hits, but for some reason they don't want it like that. Seriously, wtf?

What worries me even more is that they won't take this into consideration..

That is a problem in games like onimusha I want to cite the third since I am playing that currently along side darksiders and silent hill collection. One, the whip is not too long and that it does damage for the type of whip it is. For instance the light whip that Jean Reno has it ehh... but the sword whip does decent damage and it does not take a crud load of damage to kill something and even if it does if their knocked on the ground there is a simple way off getting rid of them just hold the attack button in this case square and he just shoots them done. Yeah it a beta, but still, to what seemed like a positive start really needs to be addressed and like what Maedhros said

It's made by a team of 20 employeers, I doubt we'll see major differences between the demo and the final product. LoS didn't fixed many of the framerate problems of the demos, even though they had a lot of feedback.

MS might not fix this and this is a killer for the game if it goes on like this affecting sale and much more. On twitter it's nothing but postive I am thinking that the time to make a twitter is better than never to adress these issues.It needs to have the good and bad to make it perfect.

IDK if posted before, but this has very good resolution:

(click to show/hide)

got it off Vandal as well  did the same thing a few pages as well as new interviews and stuff I posted  :)

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:13:52 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Thomas Belmont

• Legendary
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2551 on: June 07, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
+2
I can look past the framerate issues. It's the attack-damage ratio that worries me.

Seems that a lot of people are saying that Trevor's attacks don't do as much damage as they should (a criticism that applied to LoS with certain enemies). I don't want to be battling a group of skeletons for 5+ minutes. A heavy weapon such as the Combat Cross should be more than capable of taking them out in 1-2 hits, but for some reason they don't want it like that. Seriously, wtf?

Totally agree. I really enjoy LoS but I hate that it takes so long to kill the weakest of enemies. And I'm really bummed to see that my fears of it returning to MoF, and most likely LoS 2, are coming true. They're Belmonts! They should be plowing through enemies like crazy!

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #2552 on: June 07, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »

Thats my concern as well and something that I really think is going to hurt the game in a major way.

I recall earlier it being said by someone who played it that all of the enemies are tough and even the skeletons have to "take a beaten" before you defeat them.

wth type of balance is that?

Are they purposely trying to make every battle last long by simply making the enemies harder to kill?

I can understand this with "mid level" or higher enemies but for skeletons it just seems absurd to me to have to give them a "beating" before they go down.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2553 on: June 07, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
I know some people aren't on board with this game but I must ask...

Would you rather have this game?  Or would you rather have Castlevania Judgment 2?

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2554 on: June 07, 2012, 04:53:15 PM »
I know some people aren't on board with this game but I must ask...

Would you rather have this game?  Or would you rather have Castlevania Judgment 2?

What type of question is that?

We have no indication that Judgment 2 would have been on the horizon if Cox and his team hadn't stepped in.

Hell, IGA and his team made it pretty clear that judgment was merely a "experiment" to see how a castlevania fighting game would work.

I doubt it would have become a series mainstay even if it had done good (which it did not).

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2556 on: June 07, 2012, 04:57:57 PM »
It's just a question.  Some people seem to apply massive hate on anything related to the LoS subseries.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2557 on: June 07, 2012, 05:01:01 PM »
+1
It's just a question.  Some people seem to apply massive hate on anything related to the LoS subseries.

But like I said, what type of question is that?

You would have been better off using something people actually LIKED from the classic timeline such as OOE or AOS but instead you pulled the (IMO) shitty game out of the hat to draw comparison to in regards of would you like this game or that game.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2558 on: June 07, 2012, 05:05:39 PM »
But like I said, what type of question is that?

You would have been better off using something people actually LIKED from the classic timeline such as OOE or AOS but instead you pulled the (IMO) shitty game out of the hat to draw comparison to in regards of would you like this game or that game.

That's the point.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2559 on: June 07, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
+1
That's the point.

soooo......your asking us would we rather have a sequel to a shitty game that most likely never would have happened as opposed to Mirror of Fate?

But what point is that really?

I thought you where trying to draw towards how the old canon would have continued on if Cox and his team hadn't come in to take charge?

That way you would be able to ask the appropriate question "would you have rather had the old canon continue with these games or the new one with these game".

Or maybe you had a different point altogether?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2560 on: June 07, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
Well crap, this preview isn't exactly glowing. Disappointing to hear. Maybe the accolades the game's received at the show so far say otherwise, but damn, that's still discouraging.

I am rereading this very carefully right one thing that sticks out to me is this "When you jump and catch a ledge, for example, you can't drop straight down" I read one of the comments there and the link was to the boomerang video on gamespot

around 2:32-2:40 you can see Trevor clearly falling straight down perhaps it was a mistake or something but this impression is suspect to me maybe the controls are not as bad as they are stating.

Acquire the Boomerang Gameplay - Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2561 on: June 07, 2012, 05:14:02 PM »
+1

But how you would finish that stylish combo man, if they died with just two attacks?

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #2562 on: June 07, 2012, 05:15:15 PM »
What I'm saying is that here you have Mirror of Fate, which is MS's take on Castlevania, and comparing it to something that is far worse in most regards.

And another thing I've seen around here is the obsession over the Metroidvania style first introduced in SOTN.  If I recall correctly Castlevania wasn't always Metroid.  And Castlevania doesn't need to be sprite based to be a Castlevania game.   

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #2563 on: June 07, 2012, 05:17:46 PM »
+3
What I'm saying is that here you have Mirror of Fate, which is MS's take on Castlevania, and comparing it to something that is far worse in most regards.

And another thing I've seen around here is the obsession over the Metroidvania style first introduced in SOTN.  If I recall correctly Castlevania wasn't always Metroid.  And Castlevania doesn't need to be sprite based to be a Castlevania game.   
The difference is that the style merged well with Castlevania. But not everyone liked that direction too, you see in other forums people who don't like Metroidvanias and think CV died with SOTN.

It's just a matter of different tastes. Stop being anal man, not everyone likes everything.

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
« Reply #2564 on: June 07, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »
+1

wait what "obsession" do you speak of?

I've seen both classic and metrodvania fans complain about LOS so lets not turn this all around on people who like metroidvanias.

And lets not forget a lot of us here actually like both Classic and Metroidvania games.

So its not really a "obsession" with metroidvania going on around here if you ask me.

Tags: .....? 

anything