Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848971 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3525 on: August 08, 2012, 09:22:10 AM »
+3
I'll be ok with Trevor being Alucard, I'll even take Alucard being Dracula's doppleganger born from the mirror.

What I can't take is Alucard being Trevor's dead body with Satan playing pilot with Trevor having no clue at all. If it does turn out to be true, then it will also mean that Alucard dies in Mirror of Fate if Zobek is correct about him returning.

*sigh* I don't know what Mercurysteam has done to Alucard but if he's just Satan wearing Trevor as a undead skin coat, im gonna riot and I know I won't be alone.

Also, im gonna laugh if it turns out Satan ends up being the TRUE final boss in Mirror of Fate after completing all the campaigns. I can totally see him popping out of Trevor's body saying "IT'S ME GABRIEL! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:25:53 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3526 on: August 08, 2012, 11:22:45 AM »
I doubt Satan will be involved in MoF. Satan will be the big bad most likely of LoS2, since that was where the epilogue of 1 left off, with Satan's acolytes preparing for his return, and will possibly end up a 3 way battle between Dracula, the Belmonts, and Satan.

As for MoF, it will probably be just Dracula as the big bad.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3527 on: August 08, 2012, 03:34:14 PM »
+2
Also, im gonna laugh if it turns out Satan ends up being the TRUE final boss in Mirror of Fate after completing all the campaigns. I can totally see him popping out of Trevor's body saying "IT'S ME GABRIEL! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!"

Best idea ever. M. Night Shamillionaire would be proud.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #3528 on: August 08, 2012, 09:30:53 PM »
+2
Satan possessing Trevor's corpse and parading around as Alucard sounds like the absolute dumbest thing ever.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3529 on: August 10, 2012, 11:54:13 AM »
MoF has been nominated as one of the three "best portable game" of GC, along with Assassin's Creed and Little Big Planet.

Source (French, sorry): http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00060556-gc-2012-et-les-nomines-sont.htm

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3530 on: August 11, 2012, 04:11:02 PM »
MoF has been nominated as one of the three "best portable game" of GC, along with Assassin's Creed and Little Big Planet.

Source (French, sorry): http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00060556-gc-2012-et-les-nomines-sont.htm

Nice! If it wins, that will be how many awards so far? (Counting E3) Whether I'm a huge fan of the first LoS, I'm just happy to see a Castlevania game winning awards and being pushed in the limelight again.

As for Satan = Alucard...ugh.  I agree with Kingshango: I can take the doppleganger and Trevor being Alucard idea...but Satan? No thank you. Heck, I'll even take the whole "Trevor being brought back to life by Satan as some kinda of vengeful demon/spirit thing that goes by the name Alucard so he's not a dhampire anymore" thing--and I hate that idea--before I'll except the Satan = Trevor thing.

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
« Reply #3531 on: August 11, 2012, 07:37:03 PM »
Are people actually taking the Satan = Trevor theory seriously? I thought it was a joke.

Offline CastleV

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3532 on: August 12, 2012, 12:49:16 AM »
Alucard = Trevor ? What a joke !

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #3533 on: August 12, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »
+2

Kind of like this....

Gir - I Was The Turkey
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:50:54 AM by Vampire Killer »
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3534 on: August 13, 2012, 09:43:38 AM »
So Nintendo of America revealed the official holiday lineup for 2012 and amongst other games, Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate is not listed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486669

Did it get delayed or was it purposely left out so that Konami could announce the release date on their own terms?

I hope it's still set for 2012, i'd be a bummed out if it got delayed to next year, especially since the press release said a 2012 release date.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3535 on: August 13, 2012, 10:02:40 AM »
So Nintendo of America revealed the official holiday lineup for 2012 and amongst other games, Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate is not listed.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=486669

Did it get delayed or was it purposely left out so that Konami could announce the release date on their own terms?

I hope it's still set for 2012, i'd be a bummed out if it got delayed to next year, especially since the press release said a 2012 release date.

Maybe it doesn't have a solid date yet. I recall placeholder dates pinning it at October 23rd.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3536 on: August 13, 2012, 11:22:04 AM »
Well that is very disappointing. 2013 is very likely now, what an underwhelming lineup for 3DS this holiday.

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3537 on: August 13, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
 From a Gamescom press release

Konami’s resurrection of the Castlevania series continues, as the breath-taking Castlevania: Lords of Shadows series heads to Nintendo 3DS in 2013 with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate. Developed by Mercury Steam and acting as a prequel to the forthcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, the Nintendo 3DS game follows Trevor and Simon Belmont as they enter the shadow-laden castle of series villain, Dracula.

Well shit. :(

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #3538 on: August 13, 2012, 11:37:38 AM »
Yeah, probably 2013 for NA too then, as the PAL territories got Lords first..

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3539 on: August 13, 2012, 11:40:33 AM »
Well, on the bright side this will give them time to fix those framerate issues.

Tags: .....?