Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848937 times)

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #3870 on: October 06, 2012, 03:03:14 PM »
The story so far:

The Mirror of Fate extended trailer reveals Alucard, who has the same voice as Trevor.
Someone asked Cox on Twitter "Is Trevor Alucard?"
Cox answers "no."
Someone asked him again in a dfferent matter, "Does Trevor become Alucard in any way?"
Cox answers "no comment."

Then the screenshot's of Aucard appear using a modified battle cross, wearing the same outfit as Trevor only slightly darker, making the likelyhood of Trevor becoming Alucard being true and once again making Cox look like he got hit in the face with a tomato pie.

Everyone then create's different causes of Trevor's apparent transformation with various theories such as evil doppleganger, Dracula's vampire slave, Gabriel's good side and mind controlled demonic puppet of an unseen entity. While a remaining few have reason to believe the two are seperate characters and Dracula did infact father another child with another woman, suggesting that would be downright absured now with the evidence(or lack there of) presented so far.

The only thing that could debunk all of this is if we hear Alucard speak in game rather than a cryptic vauge trailer. But due to Konami's excellent marketing team, we will most likely not get any new media of the game (other than previews from small websites who played the unfinished E3 demo) until the game comes out in around Febuary/March.

That's it, unless someone has more to add.

Ah, fair enough. Thanks for the help.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #3871 on: October 06, 2012, 04:34:27 PM »
+1
The story so far:

The Mirror of Fate extended trailer reveals Alucard, who has the same voice as Trevor.
Someone asked Cox on Twitter "Is Trevor Alucard?"
Cox answers "no."
Someone asked him again in a dfferent matter, "Does Trevor become Alucard in any way?"
Cox answers "no comment."

Then the screenshot's of Aucard appear using a modified battle cross, wearing the same outfit as Trevor only slightly darker, making the likelyhood of Trevor becoming Alucard being true and once again making Cox look like he got hit in the face with a tomato pie.

Everyone then create's different causes of Trevor's apparent transformation with various theories such as evil doppleganger, Dracula's vampire slave, Gabriel's good side and mind controlled demonic puppet of an unseen entity. While a remaining few have reason to believe the two are seperate characters and Dracula did infact father another child with another woman, suggesting that would be downright absured now with the evidence(or lack there of) presented so far.

The only thing that could debunk all of this is if we hear Alucard speak in game rather than a cryptic vauge trailer. But due to Konami's excellent marketing team, we will most likely not get any new media of the game (other than previews from small websites who played the unfinished E3 demo) until the game comes out in around Febuary/March.

That's it, unless someone has more to add.
I got a strange, stupid theory. Marie had two children. Trevor had a twin brother(was to be named Adrian). However, Adrian was stillborn. Eventually, years later, Trevor faces against his father and is killed. His soul passes on, but Adrian's soul is recalled into Trevor's dead body(making him still undead) and he renames himself Alucard, and plans to get revenge for the death of his mother and twin brother. So, basically, it's Trevor's body, but Adrian's soul/personality, so even if it Trevor's dead body, it's techinically NOT Trevor, but is still technically Dracula/Gabriel's son in his own right.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3872 on: October 06, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »
I got a strange, stupid theory. Marie had two children. Trevor had a twin brother(was to be named Adrian). However, Adrian was stillborn.

No, not a strange or stupid theory at all. A twin who died at birth, went to Limbo / Hell since he was unbaptized (which may account for Alucard's character art environment), and was given a second chance at life with the purpose of taking down his father. As Trevor's twin, it would make sense for him to have the same voice. Pretty plausible at this point!
It would fit the dialogue in the trailer, and it would be a shocking twist from the established expectation that Trevor becomes Alucard....
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 06:48:11 PM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3873 on: October 06, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »
No, not a strange or stupid theory at all. A twin who died at birth, went to Limbo / Hell since he was unbaptized (which may account for Alucard's character art environment), and was given a second chance at life with the purpose of taking down his father. As Trevor's twin, it would make sense for him to have the same voice. Pretty plausible at this point!
It would fit the dialogue in the trailer, and it would be a shocking twist from the established expectation that Trevor becomes Alucard....

I agree. And it wouldn't be any more outrageous a twist than any that were used in the first game.
"Stuff and things."

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3874 on: October 07, 2012, 12:02:28 AM »
What if it's something to do with the mirror of fate? A dark mirror reflection of Trevor? I mean, the mirror is important somehow, right?

That way it can not be Trevor, (because it's Alucard" and also not be Trevor Becoming Alucard, since he doesnt it's a mirror image.

Im still thinking Trevor dies or something though.

Or Cox is lying to us because, well, hes not just gonna say OH YEAH TREVOR BECOMES ALUCARD because he wants to keep us guessing till we see first hand.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #3875 on: October 07, 2012, 03:14:59 AM »
What if it's something to do with the mirror of fate? A dark mirror reflection of Trevor? I mean, the mirror is important somehow, right?

That's pretty much what I meant by "wierd doppelganger".

That way it can not be Trevor, (because it's Alucard" and also not be Trevor Becoming Alucard, since he doesnt it's a mirror image.

Wouldn't that make him Rovert?
"Stuff and things."

Offline abaldwin360

• Awards
« Reply #3876 on: October 07, 2012, 09:24:22 AM »
In the extended trailer, you hear the phrase, "It seems fate has given me a second chance father." just as they show Alucard on screen. I think Trevor somehow becomes Alucard.

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #3877 on: October 07, 2012, 10:06:49 AM »
+1
So can I be the first poster here to bandy the phrase 'Alucard In Name Only'?

Originally, this was one of my brightest points of hope with this game, but a whip-yielding re-skin of Trevor? It's as self-defeating and insulting as it is uninspired and lazy.
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #3878 on: October 07, 2012, 10:59:40 AM »
Alucard can morph into wolf + mist and use hellfire I think.

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3879 on: October 07, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
+1
Alucard can morph into wolf + mist and use hellfire I think.

As far as we know, anyway. Hopefully they haven't decided to implement them in a similar fashion of half-assery as they have the character himself. I wouldn't be too terribly surprised, for instance, to see them used as combo battle-enhancers, i.e. "the power of the wolf/bat/mist" or some other such mediocrity.

Time will tell.
If I forgot "everything I knew about Castlevania" I certainly wouldn't be excited about a new one coming out now would I?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3880 on: October 07, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »
Devilcard's confirmed abilities (so far ) are:

Mist: Used to bypass gates and/or dodge attacks

Wolf: Used to transform into a white wolf, possibly used to get into small areas and/or attack enemies

Bat projectile: Shoot bat's out of your hands

Claw: Probably functions like Gabriel's dark gauntlet, charge punch uppercut etc.

Hourglass???: Stop's/slows down time

There's another unknown ability but that's it for now.

Oh and unlike his former living self, Devilcard is unable to double jump for some reason.

Offline jimmay17

• "Naysayer"
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #3881 on: October 07, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
Don't I look stupid. Where did you get the confirmation from? All I've seen on here is the screenshot showing the icons. Was this new information from Cox's twitter?

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3882 on: October 07, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
A combination of both, although the jury is out on a couple things ( the hourglass, claw and the unknown ability) but the mist, wolf and bat abilities have been confirmed by Cox.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #3883 on: October 08, 2012, 01:09:03 PM »
Devilcard's confirmed abilities (so far ) are:

Mist: Used to bypass gates and/or dodge attacks

Wolf: Used to transform into a white wolf, possibly used to get into small areas and/or attack enemies

Bat projectile: Shoot bat's out of your hands

Claw: Probably functions like Gabriel's dark gauntlet, charge punch uppercut etc.

Hourglass???: Stop's/slows down time

There's another unknown ability but that's it for now.

Oh and unlike his former living self, Devilcard is unable to double jump for some reason.

He couldn't double jump in Dracula's Curse. :3

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #3884 on: October 08, 2012, 03:14:51 PM »
The ability to turn into mist I'm sure can be used to reach higher places. That would eliminate the need for a double jump.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Tags: .....?