Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1849090 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #4440 on: February 04, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »
More new footage plus interview with Dave Cox.

Interview with Dave Cox: Producer of Castlevania Lord of Shadows: Mirror of Fate

And we finally get to see Gabriel and Trevor in action. ;)

After watching this one thing that mercury steam did really good with this game are the backgrounds I think these bg's are the best on the 3ds their just so detailed and the fact that there seems to be so much variety is  :o
This game is shaping up to be real nice and since I learned from the FE demo you have to play it yourself to really appreciate it videos may not do it justice. From the comic style cut-scenes to the bg, combo centric combat, and platforming it's just ahh...

also I wonder if Trevor can use a sword in battle this pic intrests me

The only minus I have is that the crowd attack takes way to much space should it not be more short?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4441 on: February 04, 2013, 06:31:26 PM »
As long as there are Medusa Heads present at some point, I will be happy.

And can someone man up & ask Dave Cox how or why does Gabriel have his Combat Cross when he clearly shattered it to pieces in the Resurrection DLC? Huge plothole right there (unless he says "Rinaldo made him a new 1" but that still wouldn't make sense cuz Gabriel shattering it signified that he no longer needed it since he's ALLL POWELLFURRR, to me at least. and the hilt is exactly the same so unless Rinaldo made several copies that are identical then why does Trevor's Combat Cross look different? and why would Gabriel after defeating Forgotton One suddenly go seek out Rinaldo immediately after leaving that realm and say "hay i need a new weapon mines broke" when he clearly doesn'twernoi3j23rj;a)

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4442 on: February 04, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »
I've been told that when you play as Gabriel in the Prologue it takes place supposedly before LoS1.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4443 on: February 04, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »
+1
That's Trevor using the chain to parry Dracula's attack.
As long as there are Medusa Heads present at some point, I will be happy.

And can someone man up & ask Dave Cox how or why does Gabriel have his Combat Cross when he clearly shattered it to pieces in the Resurrection DLC? Huge plothole right there (unless he says "Rinaldo made him a new 1" but that still wouldn't make sense cuz Gabriel shattering it signified that he no longer needed it since he's ALLL POWELLFURRR, to me at least. and the hilt is exactly the same so unless Rinaldo made several copies that are identical then why does Trevor's Combat Cross look different? and why would Gabriel after defeating Forgotton One suddenly go seek out Rinaldo immediately after leaving that realm and say "hay i need a new weapon mines broke" when he clearly doesn'twernoi3j23rj;a)

Gabriel's chapter is the prologue that takes place one year before the events of Lords of Shadow.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #4444 on: February 04, 2013, 06:57:01 PM »
Kingshango comes and pwns me once again x_x

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #4445 on: February 04, 2013, 07:01:48 PM »
I will say though, the gameplay of all the characters is VERY similar and are only differentiated by their sub-weapons. The game otherwise is amazing. I like how Alucard uses "Teleport Whip". So far, Mercurysteam has shown the potential to elevate Castlevania. I'm glad, this is day 1 buy for me... And I'll buy the HD too if the game is worth several replays.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #4446 on: February 04, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »
That's Trevor using the chain to parry Dracula's attack.
Gabriel's chapter is the prologue that takes place one year before the events of Lords of Shadow.

But it's in the shape of a sword like it transformed or something.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4447 on: February 04, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
But it's in the shape of a sword like it transformed or something.

Look harder.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4448 on: February 04, 2013, 07:18:35 PM »
Look harder.

I am. Still looks like a sword to me.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kingshango

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4449 on: February 04, 2013, 07:26:15 PM »
I am. Still looks like a sword to me.

I just CSI'd the hell out of that picture, it's the chain, you can even see the hook at the end.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:28:28 PM by Kingshango »

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4450 on: February 04, 2013, 07:29:35 PM »
It's the chain with the stake at the bottom of it.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4451 on: February 04, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »
I just CSI'd the hell out of that picture, it's the chain, you can even see the hook at the end.

It's the chain with the stake at the bottom of it.

I see the stake and eveything but it looks to straight to be a chain to me then again ivy could do the samething but chances are it's the chain whip like y'all say it is. It's just the way it looks so straight in the shape of a sword.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:55:14 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #4452 on: February 04, 2013, 07:42:34 PM »
I'm kind of amazed how about a day ago or two ago I said we haven't seen anything about this game yet, and now we have this explosion of footage not too later.

This is really starting to look like something I would want to play, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high just yet.

Alucard looks like he's going to be a ton of fun to play as, and suplexing monsters as Simon looks satisfying to me for some reason.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4453 on: February 04, 2013, 07:46:55 PM »
I'm kind of amazed how about a day ago or two ago I said we haven't seen anything about this game yet, and now we have this explosion of footage not too later.

This is really starting to look like something I would want to play, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high just yet.

Alucard looks like he's going to be a ton of fun to play as, and suplexing monsters as Simon looks satisfying to me for some reason.

And breaking backs  ;)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4454 on: February 04, 2013, 07:49:59 PM »
And breaking backs  ;)

And air grab slams.

So how do you think the 3 characters stories will end?  You think Simon will be the first to vanquish Dracula?  Or do they all fail?

Tags: .....?