Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848667 times)

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5025 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »
Actually the whip Dracula used was made of dark energy. The whip Alucard is using is made up of his blood.

That's cool.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5026 on: March 01, 2013, 09:29:56 PM »
+1
I think people are just spoiled by having 60 FPS games in this day and age be the norm

You realize that NES games ran at 60fps, right? It's been the standard, and as technology progresses that should be maintained or exceeded, not decreased. There are reasons that games started with that high frame rate. Not only is it MUCH comforting to the eyes over lower refresh rates, it allows for the reaction time needed to play twitch reflex games.

When Capcom made the leap to the next gen with Street Fighter IV, you bet your ass they kept that game running at 60fps. Compare that to playing on the 3DS, with the 3D on, and you'll understand why. Your reaction times cant be as high because of the lower FPS. It really messes with my reaction time. Any veteran fighter will say the same.

In this case its very annoying, and the game will DROP BUTTON PRESSES because of it. We're not talking about "oh its 30fps instead of 60fps" we're talking about 25 max at any given time, 15-10 in combat against more than one enemy.

I really want to like this game, but that shit is just flat out unacceptable. Hard to play, hard to watch for extended periods, just unacceptable.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5027 on: March 01, 2013, 09:58:23 PM »
What forum do you go to that people actually type like that?

(Source, the Dungeon)

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5028 on: March 01, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »
That image exceeds the signature size rule? Im really interested in this lol
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5029 on: March 01, 2013, 10:16:32 PM »
I really want to like this game, but that shit is just flat out unacceptable. Hard to play, hard to watch for extended periods, just unacceptable.
IMO if the framerate is the dealbreaker, then you just didn't like the game altogether, or just weren't that interested to begin with... At best it's worth renting or borrowing from a friend to see the product as a whole, and trying to see past the framerate.

Just my opinion, but when I really like a game or am really hyped for a game I want, (particularly in a franchise I like) I can overlook those kinds of issues if the rest of the game is fun and enjoyable.

It's why I enjoy Mega Man X6 despite the fact that it has a bad translation, throws the kitchen sink at you, and has some suspiciously unfinished looking level design.

Well that's a bit different actually, since I like the difficulty. Framerate is more of a different issue...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:18:44 PM by Flame »
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #5030 on: March 01, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »
Just throwing this observation out there: Alucard has the Daemon Lord's hands, which you can see during Gabriel's encounter with him.
Also notice that when Alucard fights him, all of his limbs are replaced with metal.
Fascinating eh?
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5031 on: March 01, 2013, 10:36:20 PM »
Just throwing this observation out there: Alucard has the Daemon Lord's hands, which you can see during Gabriel's encounter with him.
Also notice that when Alucard fights him, all of his limbs are replaced with metal.
Fascinating eh?

Maybe Alucard will aspire to become the next Daemon Lord.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5032 on: March 01, 2013, 10:45:21 PM »
In his profile Alucard is described as the 'son' of Dracula, whereas Trevor is described as the son of Dracula but without quotations. It makes it sound like Alucard was not born by natural means but like he was created. Looking at his new artwork, he looks way different from every other vampire or human, almost like was put together.

Plus Alucard seems to struggle with his loyalty to Dracula and whether or not to aid him in his conquest, although we all know his answer.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:11:04 PM by Kingshango »

Offline C Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2014-12-Quarterly 3D Contest 1st Place Award The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5033 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:23 PM »
I was just about to post something similar
those High vampires do have a kind of half made feel to them and isn't Frankenstein supposedly still alive and kicking somewhere in the castle,
maybe Gabriel attempted to artificially create a son for himself because he is unable or unwilling to through normal means - the death of his real son would probably be enough motivation for him to do something like this.

alternatively Alucard may just be considered Gabriels son because he was turned into a vampire by him.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:08:53 PM by C Belmont »

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #5034 on: March 01, 2013, 10:51:31 PM »

(Source, the Dungeon)

LOL that's hilarious

but nobody here actually types like that, so i don't see the point other than just people trying to make fun of other people because they don't like what they like, with a generalized insult
kinda like if i did this MOF IZ AWSUMZ WOH CAREZ F NMYZ TAYK 10 HITS 2 KILL EYE LUV IT WAY BETTAR THEN SHITAY IGAVANAI BEST CASSELVANAI EVAR!!!!11 I LUV COXXX11111

I always see this random 1337(leet, "elitist" lingo to the uninformed) talk in posts, when no one here at the Dungeon actually types like that (and if they do, it's only like a couple of people out of the hundreds that post here.)

Just trying to enlighten people ^_^

I was just about to post something similar
those High vampires do have a kind half made feel to them and isn't Frankenstein supposedly still alive and kicking somewhere in the castle.
Alternatively Alucard may simply be considered Gabriels son because he was turned into a vampire by him.

That would be one possibility, rather than Trevor turning into Alucard. Otherwise you can argue that ALL the Belmonts after Trevor can be considered as "Alucards," since they all oppose Gabriel (the name Alucard would be more like a title, kinda like Simon is the "Alucard of the 14th century, his son would be the next Alucard, etc.") lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 10:56:10 PM by crisis »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5035 on: March 02, 2013, 04:56:04 AM »
What if Alucard is evil?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Bergaron

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5036 on: March 02, 2013, 05:35:55 AM »
Well really nothing would happen, but I wish they would at least have a good character in the Saga
"He who fights monsters should beware, lest he become a monster himself"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5037 on: March 02, 2013, 06:25:02 AM »
Laura was also Carmilla's "daughter". Maybe it's the same case with Dracula and Alucard.

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #5038 on: March 02, 2013, 07:27:26 AM »
Music on the site is awesome. Certainly feels like updated SCV4 track.

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5039 on: March 02, 2013, 07:45:21 AM »
I love it too.  Makes the wait all the more harder.  :I

Tags: .....?