Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1848536 times)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate 3DS (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #5085 on: March 03, 2013, 09:04:36 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5086 on: March 03, 2013, 09:05:44 AM »
I'm surprised his pants haven't been lit yet.

Maybe he's found a way to produce clothing to not catch on fire, seeing as he has a habit of often saying or implying things that regular liars would be thrown into a furnace for. :P

Guess I'll wait for the HD console port~

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #5087 on: March 03, 2013, 09:08:29 AM »
So, does the "surprising" plot twist show Dave Cox as a liar for the 40th time now? ;3
I kinda expected a little more originally. Kinda sad that we all got the plot twist WAY before the game even came out, just by visuals alone. Him trying to hide the fact is almost as poorly done as IGA trying to make you think Mathias Cronqvist is someone OTHER than Dracula, just because he named him something other than Dracula Vlad Tepes(ahurrhurr... they are all expecting a Vlad Tepes, but will NEVER expect a guy named Mathias to be..... DRACULA! Even though I said LoI's main purpose is to explain why Dracula is 800+ years old by SotN.). Wow.... and I kinda put blame on Alvarez too. It was probably the more basic, garden variety of plot twists a writer COULD'VE done. Why they didn't go for something more original... beyond me.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #5088 on: March 03, 2013, 09:17:23 AM »
I kinda expected a little more originally.

Stop. I'll help you realize that expecting more is a silly idea. The first Lords of Shadow had four writers I believe, and the biggest thing that happened with that plot was a plot twist that a 14 year old on DeviantArt could come up with (presumably this child was related to staff, so it was a freebie idea for the plot). They've already set the ground for forgettable, silly plots that Cox and crew will always pimp out as "amazing" and secretive, when they're more bumpy and weaksauce than the framerate to LoS and MoF.

I'm willing to bet LoS2 is going to have a storyline as stupid as this. The Brotherhood is what Gabriel is going to hunt for years, when maybe, just maybe, the super evil bad gaijin Satan is pulling their strings, and then in the future they fight, and they die. The tragic tales to ever befall a consumer since Dragon Tales.

Offline Super Waffle

• Master Hunter
  • Obliterated CharloNathan and has no regrets
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can.
    • The zone
    • Awards
« Reply #5089 on: March 03, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »
Waffle, how did you find this golden place? They seem so sincere that I almost joined this community (lack of time makes me think  twice).
I've been posting there for like ten years.

I'm that weird Abicion guy.  You can tell because my signature links to this thing:  http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8299088/1/A-Soldier-s-Account

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #5090 on: March 03, 2013, 09:40:37 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #5091 on: March 03, 2013, 09:44:58 AM »
(click to show/hide)

We should make a spoiler discussion until the game is officially released too. :D

Offline Akuma

• GILGAMESH FAN KING
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5092 on: March 03, 2013, 09:58:27 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #5093 on: March 03, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
We should make a spoiler discussion until the game is officially released too. :D
Done and done.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php/topic,5821.new.html#new

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5094 on: March 03, 2013, 01:01:43 PM »
+1
Nice to see that they didn't even bother finishing the animation for the mouths in the cutscenes. Or fix any other issues with the game for that matter.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5095 on: March 03, 2013, 01:53:44 PM »
I think I can mention this here but the people who beat the game all clocked in at about 9 hours without getting %100.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
« Reply #5096 on: March 03, 2013, 02:03:29 PM »
Nice to see that they didn't even bother finishing the animation for the mouths in the cutscenes. Or fix any other issues with the game for that matter.

ehh reminds me of motion comics in away that demon guy clearly had his mouth moving so they either : one, they wanted to do it like this or,  time constraint which makes no sense to me seeing as how mouth movement does not seem to be to hard program right? 

I think I can mention this here but the people who beat the game all clocked in at about 9 hours without getting %100.

Woah woah woah...... I can still play fire emblem after this? Cool thought I would have to lay off fe . The game looks awesome sauce and well since I hate to be spoiled I'll back off.

A short review but
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 03:25:41 PM by Neobelmont »
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #5097 on: March 03, 2013, 07:26:16 PM »
Waffle, how did you find this golden place? They seem so sincere that I almost joined this community (lack of time makes me think  twice).

You don't know about Abicion OR the Tales Forums? Abicion is infamous over there. You should look up his posts...which usually involve Mint.  :P

But now that MoF got leaked...I'm not sure I'm looking forward to as much as I did. I see a lot of "disappoint". I only spoiled one particular thing for myself that wasn't even really a spoiler since we all knew it was going to happen, but oh well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:27:59 PM by Kaori »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #5098 on: March 03, 2013, 07:39:27 PM »
Wow Cox really lied on this one. 9 hrs? WTF is this?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #5099 on: March 03, 2013, 07:45:47 PM »
And that because it have 3 stories, its incredible doesnt it?
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Tags: .....? 

anything