Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Soundtrack collections?  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
  • With his Whip and Courage
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: September 18, 2016, 05:51:04 PM »
Anybody else here love hording good ol soundtracks?

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:18:10 AM »
I do, but only if my budget allows, which means I don't have anything complete.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 03:35:01 AM »
Lion King still a great soundtrack after all these years. That one Pride Rock theme still makes me tear up just listening to it.
The Casper soundtrack was actually pretty good. If my gf and I watch the movie, we both tear up a weeee bit.
The Bubblegum Crisis 2040 soundtrack was excellent. I have it.
The Macross Plus soundtrack is phenomenal.
I can appreciate the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, but I don't have it.
Almost any soundtrack composed by Joe Hisaishi i like, but I don't own any (d/led).

My gf has a lot more soundtracks that she listens to.

I grew up listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. I loved that soundtrack as a kid.
I used to listen to the Space Jam soundtrack all the time, but not anymore.

I don't have any video game soundtracks, but I may buy the Kid Icarus Uprising soundtrack. I've listened to it on YouTube from start to finish.
I've listened to the Castlevania remix soundtracks quite a bit, but don't own them. Not sure if I'd buy any of them.

I don't have any Final Fantasy soundtracks, but a couple of my buddies do.
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 05:38:35 PM »
I have a few video game soundtracks (Castlevania 1-3, Castlevania CotM and HoD, Chrono Cross) and I especially want at least a few more (Castlevania 64/LoD, LoI, CoD, OoE, Chrono Trigger) and otherwise I tend to wish there were soundtracks for most every game I've played.  I mean, some people listen to various music styles that are only music and no words, why can't I do the same with a variety of soundtracks of games I've played or games that just have cool music?! :-)

I have the soundtrack for Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie, and have thought about getting the soundtracks for Wreck-It Ralph and the Oceans Trilogy.  Otherwise, I don't think movie soundtracks have ever really appealed to me.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 12:29:10 AM »
I just have mostly Castlevania soundtracks, but one of these days, I want to get the Double Dragon one on cassette.

Non-gaming stuff, though: anyone remember the Judgment Night soundtrack? I loved that one with all of my filthy, stupid teenage brain. Rappers collaborating with metal bands, that was like a match made in heaven for me back then. Helmet and House of Pain, Biohazard and Onyx, but Slayer and Ice-T was my favorite.

The only other one that really stands out for me is Nativity in Black, but that's not really a soundtrack...more of a compilation.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »
I do, but only if my budget allows, which means I don't have anything complete.

Lol thats my biggest issue as well. The ones I want are WAY too pricey. Just bit the bullet and got The Eiger Sanction... and I hate to say it was $50  :'(

Offline Crying Freeman

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 07:34:56 AM »
Lion King still a great soundtrack after all these years. That one Pride Rock theme still makes me tear up just listening to it.
The Casper soundtrack was actually pretty good. If my gf and I watch the movie, we both tear up a weeee bit.
The Bubblegum Crisis 2040 soundtrack was excellent. I have it.
The Macross Plus soundtrack is phenomenal.
I can appreciate the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, but I don't have it.
Almost any soundtrack composed by Joe Hisaishi i like, but I don't own any (d/led).

My gf has a lot more soundtracks that she listens to.

I grew up listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack. I loved that soundtrack as a kid.
I used to listen to the Space Jam soundtrack all the time, but not anymore.

I don't have any video game soundtracks, but I may buy the Kid Icarus Uprising soundtrack. I've listened to it on YouTube from start to finish.
I've listened to the Castlevania remix soundtracks quite a bit, but don't own them. Not sure if I'd buy any of them.

I don't have any Final Fantasy soundtracks, but a couple of my buddies do.

Disney music is usually pure gold, as well as with anime music! I wouldn't expect Casper to have good music tbh so I'll definitely check it out (I remember the main theme being pretty fun to listen to). Speaking of Disney I should pick some Disney stuff up eventually.

Live Action:
-The Eiger Sanction (very pricey, but look it up on YouTube, some of John Williams' best work)
-Crying Freeman (of course I have to have it ;D)
-Fantastic 4 (the 2002 film, really blande OST outside of the main theme)
-Forest Gump
-Gettysburg
-Schindler's List
-The Rocky Story
-On Her Majesty's Secret Service
-Live and Let Die
-TMWTGG

Anime:
-Lupin: Voyage to Danger
-Lupin: Nostradamus
-Lupin Best Collection
-Golgo 13 Jazz Collection
-MD Geist 1
-Genocyber (surprisingly decent, came with Geist)
-Vampire Hunter D (1985 film)
-Riki-Oh 2: Child of Destruction (gonna pick up the first Riki-Oh soon, but its WICKED pricey)

Western Animation:
-Spirit
-Recess: Schools Out(like Forest Gump, great old school tunes)

Games:
-Akumajou Dracula Best 1 (want 2 so badly, but we all know it's quite pricey as well)
-Blade Warrior/Zyclunt (game disc plays OST in a CD player, and it's easily recognized and ripped by iTunes, Media Monkey etc.
-Valis Soundtrack Collection B

Lupin OSTs are fantastic and they go for $20 a pop which isn't too bad considering how much ones like Riki-Oh go for. Recess is wicked cheap and is loaded with great tunes. If you can find Blade Warrior/Zyclunt, it has an amazing OST as well, but it'll probably be on Youtube soon  ;) If you can find the Geist/Genocyber combo, highly recommend it! It was an extra with a box set containing both OVAs, and it comes in a DVD case but they are CDs. Careful on Amazon if you're picking that combo pack up though: a lot of customers got the special features DVD from the same set, with no CDs or soundtracks at all.

Can't recommend The Eiger Sanction just because of the price, but it's probably my favorite one of the whole bunch, and everyone I know says it's the best thing in the film (which I agree with).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eKk8fxIYYQ&index=3&list=PLA_6nw_SiTT0sT_voZg8UbM4zdzqMiro-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plFy-qy_q84&index=6&list=PLA_6nw_SiTT0sT_voZg8UbM4zdzqMiro-

Tags: