Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 269977 times)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #600 on: May 04, 2016, 10:31:21 PM »
Just got my hands on The tails from the Boarderlands game. Now I got this song stuck in my head. Not like it's a bad thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MsP-87pACY
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #601 on: May 11, 2016, 08:18:40 PM »
Had this song stuck in my head for a couple days. It's about the infamous Countess Elizabeth Bathory, who legends say killed hundreds of young women to bathe in their blood in an attempt to stay young. She was also referenced, or possibly made an appearance (in the original Japanese naming) in "Castlevania Bloodlines" in the character of Elizabeth Bartley.

~Bathory in the castle of your death~
~You're still alive Elizabeth~

So catchy.

Hmm wonder if we should make a "songs about Castlevania-related subjects" thread.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #602 on: May 11, 2016, 11:45:05 PM »
I now got this song stuck in my head. And that was well before I ever saw the music vid for it.  :-[

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TuiZMrHMiU
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #603 on: June 07, 2016, 12:48:32 AM »
I've been really into Carpenter Brut lately and the Trilogy compilation of all his EPs. It's a splendid mix of John Carpenter, Italo-disco, Italian horror film composers like Fabio Frizzi, and video game chiptunes.

I love how this video takes all the best parts from the not so good movie, Murder Rock and edits them into an awesome music video. (Warning: bare-ass boobies present.)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:50:29 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #604 on: June 07, 2016, 03:12:44 AM »
I've been madly in love with Radiohead's new album, a moon shaped pool.

But this song musically sounds like it could have been from a pirate ship level in Castlevania or something. At least to me it sounds that way.

https://youtu.be/6LQXKEppXz8
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #605 on: June 07, 2016, 08:54:57 AM »
I can see how that track sounds like we're on a CastleVania boat, but is there anything to fight on it?  Seems like more of a dreary calm. 

These weeks I've mostly been grooving supercell- Juuzoku Ningen
Just some rocking J-Pop with a rapid groove and a chick who sounds like she's really enjoying herself, especially near the middle.   

(It appears to be a criticism of conformity. o_o)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 09:00:37 AM by Eric Roman »

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #606 on: June 07, 2016, 10:53:00 AM »

Some good Simpsonwave

And Some amazing ToS tracks

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #607 on: June 07, 2016, 01:56:46 PM »
Re: Castlevania soundalikes and to pimp Carpenter Brut further, I think this track has a bit of Castle Dracula appeal. It's more similar to Claudio Simonetti's film scores, but I've always felt those were a huge inspiration on Castlevania music in ways, so in a roundabout way this track's similar to the more club-oriented tracks from select CV games.

https://carpenterbrut.bandcamp.com/track/hangem-all-2
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #608 on: June 08, 2016, 01:02:25 PM »
I can see how that track sounds like we're on a CastleVania boat, but is there anything to fight on it?  Seems like more of a dreary calm. 

These weeks I've mostly been grooving supercell- Juuzoku Ningen
Just some rocking J-Pop with a rapid groove and a chick who sounds like she's really enjoying herself, especially near the middle.   

(It appears to be a criticism of conformity. o_o)

It would a be a dreary calm like you say. A seemingly abandoned, lost ship. But then at about 3 minutes in, the player opens a door and is surprise attacked by the ghost of a hungy vampire!

Something like that. I love that song. It has peace within the longing of desperation.
The worst monsters are human.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: June 19, 2016, 12:43:36 AM »
Been listening to quite a bit of electronic stuff lately:

Enjoying Suicide Commando quite a bit...a lot of it seems either excellent or meh, not really much in between. But man...when it's good, it's damn good.

Enjoying Nachtmahr a lot, from what little I've heard. Though I have to admit, an Austrian group wearing military uniforms kind of made me wonder what they were going for at first...great stuff, though.

I went back and checked out more of Electric Hellfire Club's stuff before they went full-on metal, and I'm liking it a lot more than the aforementioned. Personally, it's the same way with them for me as it is with Suicide Commando: their songs are either great or kind of boring.

This one really grew on me...this usually isn't my sort of thing, but damn if this song isn't catchy.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 12:45:38 AM by JR »
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: June 19, 2016, 09:49:11 AM »
Recently discovered this track. Nice beat to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DfYLar2QGI

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #611 on: July 04, 2016, 12:16:03 AM »
+1
Just recently got a hankerin' for ol' Judy:

I really have a soft spot for the more "evil" Judas Priest songs, like this and Love Bites (my dad listened to that one a lot when I was a kid). Rob Halford can be sinister as hell when he wants to be, and it's always a lot of fun to hear. He's the man!

This song and Leather Rebel are what turned me to this album in the first place. I loved those songs when I played Brutal Legend about 5 or so years back, and I never got around to listening to them again until now. Great stuff...I never knew the Painkiller album was so good.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #612 on: July 11, 2016, 09:01:03 AM »
+1
"Elizabeth" has a strong King Diamond / Mercyful Fate sound to it. It's very clearly built like one of King's songs.

Painkiller.... Ah..... This album is insane. It's basically Judas Priest saying - we invented Heavy Metal back in the seventies and there's no way we're gonna let them kids like Metallica say they're heavier than us!
If you're talking about their evil songs... Where's Touch of Evil?

I love Halls of Valhalla from their last album. It's that Painkiller sound all over again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VddfDsrVdcs
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #613 on: July 12, 2016, 12:42:23 AM »

If you're talking about their evil songs... Where's Touch of Evil?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VddfDsrVdcs

Touch of Evil is okay, but I really like the vicious vibe that they had with stuff like Nightcrawler and (especially) Love Bites.

What did you think of the sound that they had on Jugulator? I bought that one way back...didn't even realize Halford wasn't with the group at that point until I listened to it. I kind of had the same reaction you were describing when I first heard it, like..."THIS is Judas Priest?" Pretty heavy sound for Priest, although Painkiller is still the better album.

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #614 on: July 12, 2016, 05:06:46 AM »
Jugulator is heavy as hell, but it's not as crazy as Painkiller. It's thrashier, but Painkiller is faster, has catchier riffs and solos.

The only song that I like off Jugulator is Burn in Hell. I like how it starts off light, and only after two minutes the guitar kicks in. This is also the song in which Ripper Owens is the best at being Halford. He manages to hit his famed high notes in yellling "BURN IN HELL!!".... Even Halford himself said, "when I saw him, I thought - that's me".  8)

A more fitting sequel to the sound of Painkiller is Halford's Resurrection album.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:22:21 AM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Tags:

anything