Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Music you've been digging lately  (Read 270033 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #540 on: December 02, 2014, 10:27:59 PM »
Been listening to Front Line Assembly in prep for them opening the Skinny Puppy show next week. Never got terribly into them when I was discovering all of Puppy's music because I felt like they were Puppy Lite, but now all these years later I'm digging their sound more and seeing its unique qualities. So I'm educating myself on more of their albums. Gonna be a killer show.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #541 on: December 02, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »
Been listening to some interesting Pre-Hispanic music whilst playing a modified version of Skyrim called Tropical skyrim. Here's one of the tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgZTX2PNiUk

Also found an awesome track from a band called Slayer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UGTW6eX8ug
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #542 on: December 03, 2014, 12:53:50 AM »

Also found an awesome track from a band called Slayer: embraced the mind blowing epicness of the debut album by MOTHAFU**ING SLAYEEEEEER and nearly bled to death by headbanging too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UGTW6eX8ug

fixed.

"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #543 on: December 03, 2014, 10:11:22 AM »
@Mooning Freddy:

LOL!
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #544 on: December 03, 2014, 10:22:18 AM »

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
« Reply #545 on: January 26, 2015, 06:53:52 PM »
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #546 on: February 15, 2015, 07:53:56 AM »
Just the SH2 sound track...good old SH2...so...calming...

http://youtu.be/mSe7jTmwWP0
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #547 on: February 15, 2015, 11:50:51 AM »
Here's one of the tracks I listen to in Saints Row 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBO9-RqsmsQ

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #548 on: February 15, 2015, 01:37:30 PM »
Not new to me but still stuff I enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK33CY68s1w

Offline zaxiou

• Hunter in Training
  • Wrryyyyyy
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #549 on: March 06, 2015, 03:21:01 AM »
Silent hill 2 tracks as of late. Yamaoka is so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO2B-dNm9tQ

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2015, 03:19:34 AM »
Man, I've been getting really bored with music lately...at least 90% of what I listen to is some form of metal, and I haven't really been able to find anything new that I like.

I decided to check out more death rock/post-punk/goth/whatever instead, and both of these songs instantly caught my ear:

Veda - Whiplash

Former Humans - Heaven's Gate

Also found out that I can actually purchase (remastered) Gargoyle Sox CDs online, and other stuff that the two guys of the group have come out with since then. Gargoyle Sox was absolutely amazing. It's a shame there's barely any info about them online.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2015, 03:23:27 AM »
Alestorm - 1741 (the battle of cartagena)

Oh man, I forgot about those guys. I like Over the Seas...so catchy.

Heh, now I want to check out some more Running Wild, too.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #552 on: March 12, 2015, 02:44:31 AM »

Offline Mooning Freddy

• The scent of my butt will set your soul wandering for eternity!
  • Master Hunter
  • I simply love children.
  • Awards The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #553 on: March 12, 2015, 01:23:53 PM »
Former Humans - Heaven's Gate

Interesting. Don't believe I've ever heard anything like this.

I've been getting into Paradise Lost lately. Listening to all of their albums to get a sense of their style.
The band has altered its style incredibly through their career, so I guess you really have to be very open minded in music to appreciate everything they did. By experimenting with all styles of sound, they did what no other metal band dared before- went from extreme metal to gothic rock to synthpop and back to metal.
But, after listening to all of their albums, you do feel that it's the same band even though the musical genres are different.
Those are some of my favorites:

True Belief (Icon)- The album is defined as gothic metal, but this sounds so much like some Metallica or Testament, I'd prefer to define this as melodic thrash metal.

Paradise Lost - True Belief

Say Just Words (One Second)- Gothic rock / metal, very different, and this is great too.

Paradise Lost - Say Just Words

Permanent Solution (Host)- All the way into Depeche-Mode style Synthpop, and I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfcGCHIyCGY#

Erased (Symbol of Life)- Back to the gothic rock sound.

paradise lost Erased

Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us- This is a sort of fuse of their past sounds, gothic metal, heavy but dark as well.

PARADISE LOST - Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us (OFFICIAL Video)

« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 01:26:50 PM by Mooning Freddy »
"Yes, I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available, because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body."
~Charlie Sheen

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #554 on: May 16, 2015, 09:49:18 AM »
It's been only 2 months since the last post and I think it's 3 months for the maximum limit before it is considered necromancy for a thread. So, apologies but these few tunes are too good not to put up for your ears. I've been listening to several tunes done by a guy who goes by Vector Hold on his album covers. These are some of his tracks; one of which is featured on that game demo preview Flame showed us in Hardcore gaming 101.

https://soundcloud.com/vectorhold/vector-hold-pathfinder

https://soundcloud.com/vectorhold/vector-hold-blue-powder-1984

https://soundcloud.com/vectorhold/soldier-of-the-apocalypse

This last track sounds like an ode to the original Mad Max;

https://soundcloud.com/vectorhold/vector-hold-nightrider

Tags:

anything