Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Resident Evil and why  (Read 4278 times)

Offline Belmont legacy

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« on: July 29, 2018, 08:56:32 AM »
What's up guys I'm just wondering what is your all's favorite Resident Evil entry and why? My personal favorite is resident evil 2 and reason being because not only was it my first exposure to survival horror, (I was 8) but also because it was the first game to scare thr living hell out of me. Hahahaha. I actually skipped school one day to play it and I had gotten to the part where zombie hands pop out of the boarded up windows and grabbed me and immedeatley shut the Nintendo 64 off and threw the controller down, all instantaneously.  :o I'm stoked for the remake to scare the daylights out of me too and personally loved 7. I have yet to play 3 but own it and know that's a very popular choice for RE fans. But yeah what is your favorite and why?
By My Hands...The Belmont Clan Will Be Avenged...

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:50:24 AM »
RE5 to be honest. I frequently use Sheva Alomar in her Club'n outfit. Nothing like shooting up baddies whilst dressed to kill. I started with RE4 on Game Cube though I've been aware of the series long before that. I just love the system of the later games as I feel it is far easier to move about and not get tangled up in the clumsiness.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 03:24:09 PM »
3, because nemmy

i would say 2 because birkin, but birkin's encounters are all scripted where nemmy can show up at almost any point

EDIT: though by the look of things, it's a safe bet than REmastered2 is gonna take this cake when it releases
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 06:07:58 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline VladOfWallachia

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Carpathian Night
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 05:54:41 PM »
REmake. I love the setting and atmosphere of that game sooo much.

Offline The Puritan

• Vagabond
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 04:15:31 AM »
+1
Classic Entries: RE2

Survival Actions: RE4

Honorable mention to Revelations 2 for trying to strike a balance between both.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 08:31:04 PM »
+1
REmake was my first real experience with the series outside of seeing my cousins play the original, and it truly captivated me. Then RE4 came out and blew my tits off. Today, I can't really choose between the two of 'em, they're about equal for different reasons.

If held at gunpoint and forced to only choose one to play for the rest of my life? I'd say RE4. Reason being is it's such an incredibly streamlined, no-bullshit action game, even now, and it's packed with content without feeling tiresome or overbearing. I've played through it multiple times and will do so many more.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:32:39 PM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 07:50:05 PM »
At one point it was RE2, but I played it so many times I practically ruined it.

RE4 is probably my favorite now. REmake is up there too, but I remember having lots of fun in RE4 Mercenaries mode after I did everything I could in the main game.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Tags: