Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Vamprotector fan Game  (Read 209455 times)

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: May 19, 2011, 09:47:30 AM »
Hello I am new to the forum and this is my first topic starter. I originally was posting on Beats of Rage forums until I switched over programs. Then I was posting on Castlevania Crypt forums until they recently shut down. I am creating a game called Vamprotector with my bud of mine named Warmachine. It is a original title made with Multimedia Fusion 2. It is a cross between CastleVania and Contra. You can switch between your whip or gun at anytime during gameplay. It has 360 whipping, 360, shooting, contra somersaulting, whip swinging, and Richter's backflip. We have an intricate combo system where you can create more powerful weaponary by combining your whip with your item or gun with your item once acquired during gameplay. Warmachine is a musician and is writing and peforming all the music for the game. He is also doing the bulk of the MMF2 programming. I am a 7th Quarter Game Art and Design student and am doing most of the custom spriting and level design. I am co-producing a Vamprotector OST that we will be releasing free with the release of the game and am creating the album art and cover. It is mostly mixes of Castlevania and Contra tracks from various genre's in order to create new music:

We are at 43 tracks currently.

I will be posting more information, videos, and such in the next couple of days. You can look through the original thread as well:

Original Thread: http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,3103.0.html

It has older information but, there are a couple of vids in there. We are close to having a playable demo ready for people to beta-test before the release of the actual game. I will be selecting worthy beta testers through PM.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:54:57 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 10:13:26 AM »
I think Thaddius beat you to the Contra + Castlevania concept. The project use to be named Vampira, but i think it changed a while back.

Posting links to videos/music/whatever here would be nice. I don't feel like fishing through 18 pages of the linked thread for them.

Offline AISTODIAOLO

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Vamprotector fan Game
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:58 AM »
sounds weirdly nice...looking forward for it

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 10:20:55 AM »
I think Thaddius beat you to the Contra + Castlevania concept. The project use to be named Vampira, but i think it changed a while back.

Posting links to videos/music/whatever here would be nice. I don't feel like fishing through 18 pages of the linked thread for them.

Actually Thaddius renamed Vampira and quit the project altogether a while back. I had spoken to him during the infancy of my project.  I will post some new current vids shortly.

Here are some older links. NOTE: All characters, and objects, music subject to change. These were all in Pre Alpha stage.

Vamprotector - New Bike Test with enemies.wmv
Castlevania 20XX BoR Demo Reel - Richter
Vamprotector Richter Intro.wmv
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:22:51 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
I was wondering what had become of this fangame. It's nice to know it's still in the works cause I want to play it.  :)

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 01:21:43 PM »
I was wondering what had become of this fangame. It's nice to know it's still in the works cause I want to play it.  :)

-X
Vamprotector Title Intro.avi
Thanks man, it's alive and well! We are currently about 50% done with the demo. I will be taking beta-testers, so if you are interested in testing please be sure to post on the thread. If you are chosen you will be contacted via PM.

In a upcoming post I will go more into the game's plot as well as the new combo system.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:23:37 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 03:26:51 PM »
Vamprobotector – Recital of Blood Track List

“Jungle Killer”
BGM: Jungle (Contra)
BGM: Vampire Killer (Castlevania)

“In The Beginning”
BGM: Beginning (Dracula’s Curse)
BGM: In A Tight Squeeze (Super C)

“Ruined Mind”
BGM: Poison Mind (Castlevania)
BGM Great Heli Ruined Base (Super C)

“Energy of Doom”
BGM: Dwelling Of Doom (Simon’s Quest)
BGM: Energy Zone (Contra)

“Simon’s Landing”
BGM: Simon’s Theme (Super Castlevania 4)
BGM: Thunder Landing (Super C)

“Heart of Death”
BGM: Heart of Fire (Castlevania)
BGM: Deathbed (Super C)

“Fear Falls”
BGM: Cross a Fear (Dracula X)
BGM: Waterfall (Contra)

“Legendary Than Hell”
BGM: Hotter Than Hell (Super C)
BGM: Legendary Belmont (Curse of Darkness)

“Boss to Lose”
BGM: Fortress Boss (Contra)
BGM: Nothing to Lose (Castlevania)

“Bloody Juncture”
BGM: Bloody Tears (Simon’s Quest)
BGM: Jungle Juncture (Super C)

“Fortress of Time”
BGM: Out of Time (Castlevania)
BGM: Fortress (Contra)

“Monster Massacre”
BGM: Monster Dance (Simon’s Quest)
BGM: Massacre Mountains (Super C)

“Hell Tower”
BGM: Clock Tower (Aria of Sorrow)
BGM: Hell Messenger (The Alien Wars)

“Battle of Neo City”
BGM: Neo City (Contra 4)
BGM: Battle of the Holy (Aria of Sorrow)

“Dracula's Destruction”
BGM: Dracula Castle (Symphony of the Night)
BGM: River of Destruction (Contra Legacy of War)

“Contraph”
BGM: Epitaph (Dracula’s Curse)
BGM: Menus (Contra 4)

“Maximum Thrashard”
BGM: Thrashard in the Cave (Castlevania Chronicles)
BGM:  Maximum Speed (Shattered Solider)

“Stalker in the Darkness”
BGM: Stalker (Castlevania)
BGM: The Foggy Cave in the Darkness (Contra Hard Corps)

“Soul Escape”
BGM: No Escape (Super C)
BGM: Reincarnated Soul (Bloodlines)

“Showdown in the Darkness”
BGM: The Showdown (The Alien Wars)
BGM: Followers of Darkness: The Second (Curse of Darkness)

“Illusions of Warfare”
BGM: Illusionary Dance (Symphony of the Night)
BGM: Urban Warfare 1 (Contra Legacy of War)

“Venus Prologue”
BGM: Prologue (Symphony of the Night)
BGM: Venus (Shattered Solider)

“Stage Clear” (Richter)
BGM:  Level Clear (Contra)
BGM:  Stage Clear (Castlevania)

“Over, No Life” (Game Over)
BGM: Game Over (Dracula X Chronicles)
BGM: No Hope No Life (The Alien Wars)

“Operation Aquarius”
BGM: Track #2 (Operation C)
BGM: Aquarius (Dracula’s Curse)

“Until The Gale Of Night”
BGM: Don’t Wait Until Night (Haunted Castle)
BGM: Contra The Blue Gale (Hard Corps)

“Destiny”
BGM:  Destiny (Dracula’s Curse)

“Black Knight Spirit”
BGM: Black Knight (Castlevania)
BGM: A Spirit of Bushi (Hard Corps)

“All That Remains”
BGM: EverGreen (Dracula’s Curse)

“Purgatory”
BGM:  Ascension to the Castle (Super Castlevania 4)

“Alien Battle”
BGM:  Big Battle (Dracula’s Curse)
BGM:  Alien Lair (Contra)

“Phantasmic Storm”
BGM: Dance in Phantasmic Hell (Rondo of Blood)
BGM: Bloody Storm (Shattered Solider)

“Killer Creature”
BGM: Creature from Outer Space (Super C)
BGM: Kill! Kill! Kill! (Castlevania Adventure)

“Tower of Ice”
BGM: Snowfield (Contra)
BGM: Tower of Dolls (Castlevania Chronicles)

“A Vision of Dark Secrets”
BGM:  A Vision of Dark Secrets (Castlevania Bloodlines)

“The Absoultion”
BGM: What is this Place (Super C)

“Dreams of Triumph”
BGM: Beginning (Dracula’s Curse)

“Iron Jungle”
BGM: Iron Blue Intention (Portrait of Ruin)
BGM: Jungle 1 (Contra 1)

“The Legendary Belmont”
BGM:  Simon's Theme (Super Castlevania 4)

Most of the themes are mixes of Castlevania and Contra themes, but there are some singles in there. When my bud Warmachine posts, I'll leave it up to him to post some singles to the thread for you guys to enjoy before a official release. I'll start with the 1st ever song that was done for the game. Keep in mind that Warmachine is updating the OST daily with even better sound!
Vamprobotector: Recital Of Blood Promo Vid
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:41:06 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 08:58:39 PM »
Wow. That is so messed up crazy awesome. Contra X Castlevania music... insane.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 01:21:51 PM »
Wow. That is so messed up crazy awesome. Contra X Castlevania music... insane.
Thanks man, my bud Warmachine is a whiz on the guitar! He's been helping me nail down the atmosphere I want for the game pretty spectacularly! He just get's it. I am in the process of making a new promo vid of the OST today, I think that you will enjoy!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »
The plot of the game is loosely based on a plot from a marvel comic where Dracula uses a magic mirror to travel back in time to rid timelines of his arch enemies. In my game there are 2 characters, Richter Belmont and Jeremiah Van Helsing. In Richter's time after the battle between Richter and Dracula, Dracula is saved by the Dark Preist, Shaft, and tosses Richter into a magic mirror to be lost in time. Similarity, in an alternate timeline, Van Helsing battles the Bram Stoker version of Dracula in his time. At the conclusion of their battle Dracula is saved by Carmilla, the Blood Countess and Van Helsing is also tossed through a magic mirror. Richter and Van Helsing travel throughout their respective timelines, defeating bosses to collect shards of the magic mirror. Once the magic mirror is completed they can return to their respective timelines to defeat Dracula once and for all!

Richter character profile:

EVERY GENERATION OF BELMONT HAS PRODUCED TOUGHER, MORE DEDICATED VAMPIRE HUNTERS, YET RICHTER STANDS ABOVE ALL OTHERS. BRANDISHING THE LEGENDARY SACRED WWIP WHICH SO MANY OF HIS PREDECESSORS WEILDED, THIS HOT BLOODED YOUTH HAD PUSHED DRACULA TO THE BRINK. WITH AN ALMOST INDESTRUCTABLE WILL TO SURVIVE AND EMERGE VICTORIOUS, RICHTER’S POWER IS SUPREME AMONG VAMPIRE HUNTERS.

Quote: “I always thought those stories my grandfather told me were just fables to scare children, what a horrible night to have a curse!."

Van Helsing Character profile:

GUNSMITH , JEREMIAH VAN HELSING WAS THE CARETAKER OF THE VAMPIRE KILLER WHIP HANDED DOWN TO HIM AFTER THE GREAT VAMPIRE WARS. HE IS ALSO THE DECENDENT OF A GREAT CLAN OF VAMPIRE KILLERS THAT COMBAT EVIL. JEREMIAH HAS BEEN PREPARING FOR YEARS FOR DRACULA’S ENEVITABLE RESURRECTION AND HAS CREATED MUCH MODERN DAY WEAPONRY TO HELP HIM COMBAT EVIL. IN THE FUTURE, JEREMIAH SEEKS OUT RICHTER AND IS THE ONE THAT BESTOWS THE VAMPIRE KILLER TO HIM.  JEREMIAH'S METALLIC CHAIN WHIP WAS MADE BY HIS OWN DESIGN.

Quote: “For centuries my father injected himself with dracula’s very blood to stay immortal to stop Dracula from resurrecting in this time. However, that came with a heavy price. My father’s soul was corrupted by dracula’s blood and damned his soul. Unlike the mighty Belmont’s who do not age until they confront Dracula, I am just a mere mortal trying to do what is right.”

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 02:18:19 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 07:06:29 PM »
A preview of some of the tracks for the Vamprotector Soundtrack! All tracks are written and performed by Warmachine and co-produced by DarkmanX_429.( ME) Album art also by me. All music and names are copyrighted by us and subject to change. Castlevania and Contra are trademarks by Konami. The music in the OST will be featured in our original title, Vamprotector made with Multimedia Fusion 2. The OST and album art will be released to the public, free of charge upon the official release of our game.

File name: Vamprotector OST PREVIEW 2.avi File size: 1.11 GB

If someone wants to post the vid on my thread it'll be greatly appreciated. For some reason it doesn't play correctly on my youtube channel right now. Feedback greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 07:08:35 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »
That's a huge file. I did download it though.

It doesn't appear to play properly. It is one hour of the same segment repeating, and cutting out to silence for a few minutes. There is something very wrong with the file.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 09:19:16 PM »

It doesn't appear to play properly. It is one hour of the same segment repeating, and cutting out to silence for a few minutes. There is something very wrong with the file.
Strange, I will check the file again and post when I update the link.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2011, 01:38:03 PM »

I figured out the prob. I used fileserve to send it and it has a2GB limit the original file (that I made with premiere) is 12.7 GB. For some reason when I try to shrink it Zwei-Stein. It shrinks the size and then gives me the same error that your talking about. Same with when I use the advance download for youtube and it has a 20GB limit. Hmmm..the original file plays perfectly. Any suggestions. Is there a place where I can upload the vid over 12GB? I am going to try to just make it a mp3.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 08:23:40 PM »
You could try... not making it so damn huge? Drop the image quality, just not the audio that much. The still images hardly need high image quality.