Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Jorge's Castlevania Judgment Redesigned Artwork  (Read 8751 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Jorge's Castlevania Judgment Redesigned Artwork
« on: September 01, 2011, 12:08:29 PM »

I guess I'll start with Grant.

Copy/Pasta from the other thread:
-Kept the clockwork round chakram blades
-Added a number of kunai-holster belts so he can hold the weapons.
-Kept the mummy-style bandages, but only within his chest and under the tank top.
-Ragged up his clothes to resemble those of "Ghost Grant" (the Hulk-like version of him you fight as a boss)
-Kept mostly the style choices of Symphony of the Night's "Zombie Grant" with the shoes, pseudo-vest and ninja-like facemask/scarf.

If anyone is wondering where his other hand is, it's grabbing the clockwork blade on his back, as if ready to do a special with it.

Tools used:
-Pencil/Paper
-Scanner
-LineArt software, one tool only (black pencil tool)

I may at one point remake this and color it in, but right now I'm just doing a very minimalistic approach, as if just sketching.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 12:10:28 PM by Jorge D. Fuentes »
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Re: Jorge's Castlevania Judgment Redesigned Artwork
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
Dunno why, but Ninja Grant looks a bit familiar to me... :-\
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 12:23:32 PM »
It's nicely done, but still pretty far from the original version.  I don't think of him as a ninja. His CV3 style was quite alright with me, do-rag and all. I would've just made his clothes a bit more sophisticated and had his body full of dagger containers.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
I'll see if I come up with another one for another character at some point.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 01:19:29 PM »
this Over Mummy Grant any Day, only Critique Is I would Switch the Scarf for his Bandana.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline Dominus

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 01:54:22 PM »
I kinda understand why we got mummy Grant, I mean, we know that he is a pirate or a rebel and thats all. He being covered in bandages at least tells us that he got scarred for his transformation.

Anyway, me gusta. Except the kunai things that I dont think they fit the european-ness of the rest
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:56:40 PM by Dominus »

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 02:13:07 PM »
It looks nice, but like i said in the other thread, it reminds me of strider hiryuu for some reason.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »
I'm pretty sure Grant isn't/wasn't a pirate. I think that misconception came from him looking rogueish and there being a ship stage in the game.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:53:35 PM by A-Yty »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »
I'm not sure what Grant is either. The US booklet says he was a fierce pirate Captain while the end credits of the game title's him as an Acrobat. Which one is true? I like the ninja grant look there Jorge but I'd have to agree that for that time in Europe, the ninja was unheard of.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 06:48:33 PM »
A freedom fighter.

I like his shoes.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 11:39:28 AM by thernz »

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »
Grant is a ninja acrobat pirate.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 02:35:14 AM »
Grant is a ninja acrobat pirate freedom fighter.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 03:26:26 AM »
And in SotN he is a..

Ninja Acrobat Pirate Zombie.

Did that just blow your mind?

Offline Pemburu Vampir

• Nameless
  • Legendary Hunter
  • I can speak Engrish fluently.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 03:55:47 AM »
And in SotN he is a..

Ninja Acrobat Pirate Zombie.

Did that just blow your mind?

No, It's not the real Grant. Real Grant isn't a Zombie.

Actually, Grant is a Ninja Acrobat Pirate Carpenter Freedom Fighter.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 07:19:08 AM »
I think it doesn't matter what he is, or how anachronistic he is, given the nature of the Castlevania games.
You guys are welcome to draw your own conclusions of what he might be, in your own threads.

By the way, I didn't mean scarf; I meant headband.  What you see behind him is part of his headband (which he's still wearing it's just no longer covering his head).
You must obey Da Rulez!