Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Whatever happened to castlevania fighter?  (Read 8015 times)

Offline qazz42

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Whatever happened to castlevania fighter?
« on: October 20, 2011, 04:52:46 PM »
the site seems to be down... is this the end of a great game D:   if anyone can fill me in on what happened, that would be great...

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Whatever happened to castlevania fighter?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 05:05:21 PM »
Code: [Select]
http://serio.piiym.net/CVBla/
Copy and paste it if you don't want to end up in a very bad place.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:14:39 PM by uzo »

Offline Esco

• In SERIOUS need of sprite help for the SOTN HACKED engine! PM me please if you can help.
  • Forgotten One
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 06:11:21 PM »
Uzo, you probably want to edit your link; it leads to the WRONG place! Very wrong.  :o

EDIT: On that note, it looks like Serio changed servers, but the fighter's game link leads to............. well click Uzo's link to see. Lol, it appears to have done that because I clicked the link above first, so even typing in the address lead to...... the BAD place.

If anyone else experiences this, clear your cache, close and reopen your browser. It should then work.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 06:23:38 PM by Esco »
- Esco... the original New Yurican and creator of the Castlevania: SOTN Hacked Engine!

Link to the blog for the "hack:" http://sotnhacked.wordpress.com

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
Oh, right. Serio has anti-hotlink measures toward the Dungeon and the Anti-Chapel.

Copy paste the link to get by it.

Serio's old site address is no longer valid, as his host had moved. The above posted link is the new one.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:46:28 PM »
Oh, right. Serio has anti-hotlink measures toward the Dungeon and the Anti-Chapel.
Wait, I thought he said that it was a countermeasure against the noobs from MUGEN forums. I'm guessing that the anti-hotlink measure was coded in a way that hotlinking from any forums period redirects you to "the bad place".
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 11:51:45 PM »
Serio's a bid of an ass like that.
Plus my antivirus Keeps picking up viruses in the Fighter's download

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2011, 04:47:09 AM »
Serio's a bid of an ass like that.
Plus my antivirus Keeps picking up viruses in the Fighter's download
No matter how much of an ass he may be, I don't think he'd ever put in viruses in his well-known fangame just for shits and giggles. It might be a false positive on your end.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 05:12:01 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 05:52:56 AM »
1) not a virus, its just detecting 'mole box' which modifies programs for patching and compressing support. Some antivirus programs think of that as virus like activity.

2) the redirect only applies to certain sites, not all forums.

Offline qazz42

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 12:52:43 PM »
ahh, damn, sorry guys, I had no idea that it would redirect to a bad place >.>

anywho, thanks for sending me the new site :)

Tags: