Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Just another Castlevania fan-game...  (Read 66034 times)

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #195 on: September 09, 2016, 04:41:20 PM »
The link doesnt work :-\ But if this is the same i'm thinking, maybe i have it here in the files, but i dont know where :)

Well, in the Youtube exists some remixes in SNES style, a few of them in SCV4 chiptune, but one or other are good enought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWBFSHPSeH0

Thanks for pointing out. I have adjusted my post to explain how to download and have corrected the link.
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline Lanforse

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #196 on: September 12, 2016, 02:51:05 AM »
The logic is that this work seems to be something that WOULD fit in a Castlevania Chronicles kinda idea (a retelling of Simon's adventure, for instance), but, as the definition of apocrypha says, the game is either "of unknown authorship, or of doubtful authenticity, or spurious, or not considered to be within a particular canon."

Whoah! That's just amazing how deep you're understanding this idea. Everything that you said is absolutely true. I think I can't use an "Apocrypha" word directly, but now I have a good direction. Thanks a lot!

Oh, and I've listened the soundtrack you gave me. Well... It really misses almost all low-tones, IMO. That's the common problem of many arrangements. The "deepness" of the original OST is maybe the most valuable feature for me.

Offline eryson

• The Fangaems Connoisseur
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: DraculaXX (SNES)
« Reply #197 on: September 12, 2016, 02:24:28 PM »
Yeah, I understand this "deepness" thing, many fan-compositions feels a bit "empty" because of the ausence of the low notes.
anyway, Jorge's compositions at least try to get the closest possible of the original,
if you can give it a try to see if fit.... please take a look in this, its the complete composition of the SCIV OST
 ;) <(Jorge has composed almost every Castlevania title's music, at least listen to see if fit!! maybe you can use musics of other games as well!! )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0wUZoXlX2I&list=PL79A3D5FCB6994452&index=16
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 03:04:15 PM by eryson »

Tags: