Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania Music  (Read 5741 times)

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 03:14:49 AM »
Jake Kaufman would be my choice. He did Bloodrayne Betraysl which was pretty good, and I wouldn't be surprised if he also did the soundtrack for Hotel Transylvania (DS/3DS) which was a pretty bad game but the soundtrack - while not great - had some serious Castlevania vibe to it, albeit a little more "childish".

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 07:56:19 AM »
+1
If its like CV but childish, they should do a Kid Dracula 3 xD
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 08:39:38 AM »
+1
If its like CV but childish, they should do a Kid Dracula 3 xD
I would kill(or stake) for a new Kid Dracula game! I've said this before, the kid/children market tends to get the shaft as far as these companies are concerned(companies that, 10 or 20 years ago, weren't afraid to aim towards a younger crowd as well as teens and over). It almost feels like the companies say, "Oh, those kids back in the day that we used to cater to, they are grown now, so let's grow with them!", kinda forgetting that kids, in general, still exist. There's always going to be children craving something bright, colorful and fun!

So yeah, I'm totally for a new Kid Dracula title. That and a new Goemon.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 08:49:45 AM »
A Kid Dracula Rebirth (but not a "remake") might be a good way to reintroduce the series and the character.   

Offline Pedrith

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Castlevania Music
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2013, 05:53:30 PM »
While I like the LOS/MOF soundtrack (what little there is) quite a lot.  The composer I would love to have a crack at CV would be Yoko Kanno.  She has done a lot of excellent music covering a huge range of style.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoko_kanno#Video_games

Cheers,

David

Offline Zetheraxza

• Vampire Hunter
  • Romantically Justified...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA)
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 07:06:15 PM »
I would say, this guy!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitoshi_Sakimoto

He has worked with Vanillaware and composed the soundtrack for Odin Sphere, Oboro Muramasa and GrimGrimoire

He's experienced in Orchestra, Rock and Japanese Classical. He CAN lead and make good classical for LoS style games. The thing is, Oscar Araujo and Mercurysteam go like Milla Jovovich to Paul W. S. Anderson. I'm sure Dave Cox would prefer better composers but, yeah...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:10:59 PM by Zetheraxza »

Tags: