Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: MY D&D campaign of Lords of Shadow.  (Read 15437 times)

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
  • Member of youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »
Well, Magic reallly wasnt the topic of this post..XD
Castlevania Fan, and member of
http://www.youtube.com/PhoenixDownGamingPDG

Offline Laina

• F.A.N.G. stands for “fucking awful, not great”, babe - me to UZO on SFV
  • RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2013, 01:27:00 AM »
When I played MTG I always played mixed decks. I leaned heavily toward white/red, but I fid have 2 blue/white mixtures. I was never very good, but I enjoyed it okay.

Well, Magic reallly wasnt the topic of this post..XD

Welcome to post hijacking. It happens a lot, but I always enjoy seeing how we tend to branch out from the original topic, enjoying the ride instead of yearning for the destination & all that jazz.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:29:57 AM by Laina »
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2013, 01:43:54 AM »
When I played MTG I always played mixed decks. I leaned heavily toward white/red, but I fid have 2 blue/white mixtures. I was never very good, but I enjoyed it okay.

Wow, so quite a number of people here are playing MTG. Well, I'm not that good either. But playing against friends is fun. I am scared of blue control decks.

Welcome to post hijacking. It happens a lot, but I always enjoy seeing how we tend to branch out from the original topic, enjoying the ride instead of yearning for the destination & all that jazz.

Yup! The journey matters more than the destination.  ;D

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2013, 07:14:16 AM »
well I tried to steer it back on course with my link I posted lol. Its for tabletop rpgs lol

But speakin of MTG if anyone wants to get in on some good singleplayer (sadly no mp) action theres always Wagic. Just hit the forums for the real MTG sets and graphics
http://wololo.net/download/

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 01:19:21 PM »
Oh Im not upset or anything. XD More just like Why you do dis?? lmao

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace. Seeks to keep games/fandoms free of any changes they deem Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »
Oh Im not upset or anything. XD More just like Why you do dis?? lmao

That's why I like you Feral-you seem like a nice, easy goin' kinda fella. Anyway, I haven't played D&D in about 4 years. Ex was all into it & I liked it too, just HATED the way his group of friends played.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
Ex was all into it & I liked it too, just HATED the way his group of friends played.

Yeah I hate it when you get THOSE kinda people in on the action and it just makes it a big f**king intolerable mess for everyone else. What you want is to get a group of people you know will play together nicely and have a good time doing so. Nobody wants rogue elements in their D&D sessions because it's no fun. I do remember this one guy whom I was playing StarGate SG1 with and for some unknown reason he goes off on a binge of making like everyone else was the enemy and starts to shoot us. Either out of boredom right from the start of the session or just to kick things up a notch, I'll never know. But what i do know is he went about the campaign in totally the wrong way. To this day I think that guy has some sort of mental malfunction where he can't differentiate friend from foe even if it's just a game  :P Bottom-line, he was a big douchebage and had no real morals. Definitely the type of person society can do without.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 07:32:05 PM »
Yeah I hate it when you get THOSE kinda people in on the action and it just makes it a big f**king intolerable mess for everyone else. What you want is to get a group of people you know will play together nicely and have a good time doing so. Nobody wants rogue elements in their D&D sessions because it's no fun. I do remember this one guy whom I was playing StarGate SG1 with and for some unknown reason he goes off on a binge of making like everyone else was the enemy and starts to shoot us. Either out of boredom right from the start of the session or just to kick things up a notch, I'll never know. But what i do know is he went about the campaign in totally the wrong way. To this day I think that guy has some sort of mental malfunction where he can't differentiate friend from foe even if it's just a game  :P Bottom-line, he was a big douchebage and had no real morals. Definitely the type of person society can do without.

Thank you. You just described his posse of assclowns. Oh, they also took 45 minutes per turn, meticulously going over evey stat of their chatacter, fellow characters, enemies, asking fpr the area to be described in great detail, referencing every guide we had on hand-it just ruined it for me. And they were TERRIBLE for going AWOL & then yelling "I'M CHAOTIC, LOZLORROFLCOPTR!!!!!!111!!1!"-it was just a mish mash of class-A jackassery. Terrible, awful group. I wasn't well liked, but I was very lucky about rolling 20's, so I became a target for them. When I'd try to take up for myself when ex's brother was DM'ing I was told, "ZOMG, YOU'RE OPPOSING THE GOD OF THIS UNIVERSE, JU R SMITED! CHARACTER DEAD, NO RESURRECTION POSSIBLE!", with my ex saying, "Well yeah, that is the rules. Just let it go."  Yeah, lovely bunch of people.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 08:34:19 PM »
Well thank you for your kind words Laina. In all seriousness that takes away from the game. In order to truly play the game well you need to craft or make A world. The inspiration for D&D comes from LOTR and The hobbit. Middle earth is this realm created and has all kinds of creatures and races in it. I like to do that. Now as far as going with what the DM says. Its his job to make it fun you cant just smite someone because you feel like it..that ruins the game and makes it unreal. Not to say that mummies and vampires are real but ruins the experience of this world that you put this effort into creating. Although I do consider myself A chaotic good person. Lmao.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 12:22:12 AM »
It would have been awesome to play a D&D game with all of you. But alas, we live in different continents...

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 12:43:14 AM »
+2
It would have been awesome to play a D&D game with all of you. But alas, we live in different continents...

Alright, I'ma talk pipe dreams for a second here:

I SO wish we could somehow come together & have like a CVD meet & greet. Like a convention or something (CastleCon off the top of my head). Dreams, dreams...
Groove is in the heart.

Offline BushidoViking

• Member of PDG
  • Hunter in Training
    • Phoenix Down Gaming
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 02:17:25 AM »
+1

I SO wish we could somehow come together & have like a CVD meet & greet. Like a convention or something (CastleCon off the top of my head). Dreams, dreams...

Lmao, Yes please. We can all cosplay and such. Would be so fun!

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:00 AM »
+1

Oh yes! I'm not a cosplayer, so maybe a swag swap/sell would be heaven for me.  :)

Offline Laina

• RetroDungeonite
  • Legendary Hunter
  • 大丈夫だよ!
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 05:36:42 AM »
Lmao, Yes please. We can all cosplay and such. Would be so fun!
Oh yes! I'm not a cosplayer, so maybe a swag swap/sell would be heaven for me.  :)

lol I'm working on getting in shape & making it to ComicCon & DragonCon this year. If I feel like I've met my "get raging hot" goals, I was thinking of cosplaying as RoB Maria & Shanoa. My hair should be well past my bum by then & I'm a natural blonde, so no wig needed for Maria & I'll just get some washes out in a single rinse dye for Shanoa. Who has 2 thumbs & can cosplay on a budget? Laina, nice to meet ya.
Groove is in the heart.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 07:20:10 AM »
That would be kinda cool. I went to an eq fanfaire once it was a good time.

Tags: D&D LOS Belminf Feralfang PDG 

anything