Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: 8-bit Legends clocktower music  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Tuxedo Mark

• Vampire Hunter
  • I love Sonia Belmont.
    • My YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Legends (GBC)
« on: May 31, 2013, 12:37:17 PM »
This isn't mine, but someone made an NES-style rendition of Legends' clock tower theme:

Castlevania Legends - Clock Tower of Darkness (8-bit cover / VRC6)

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:00:05 PM »
Not bad at all. He should do the rest of the soundtrack if he hasn't yet.
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 10:08:26 AM »
Very nice! I'd be interested in hearing the rest of the soundtrack too.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline MathUser

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: 8-bit Legends clocktower music
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 06:16:38 AM »
That's a pretty good rendition. Would be nice to see the game in NES style if it makes the music sound better.

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 06:44:22 PM »
Wasn't the Gameboy already 8-bit? I didn't know you could program in anything LESS than 8-bit during that generation.  :-X
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 08:02:56 PM »
Wasn't the Gameboy already 8-bit? I didn't know you could program in anything LESS than 8-bit during that generation.  :-X

I'm sure they're roughly the same. But that doesn't necessarily mean that a good musical composition is going to come out of it. I did find the tracks of Legends to be somewhat of a miss. But whomever made this rendition did a good job of upping the anti with this track.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2013, 04:28:19 PM »
The GameBoy as a system is "6-bit". It does have it's own unique sound as well for the sound chip. Though the graphics are still 4bbp of course, just with an available palette of 4 colors.

Tags:

anything