Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Yoshinori Ono Would Like to Develop Rival Schools 3 for PS4 (Maybe He’s Joking)  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09/13/yoshinori-ono-would-like-to-develop-rival-schools-3-for-ps4-but-maybe-hes-joking/

Quote from: DualShockers
Remember the awesome PlayStation fighting game Rival Schools: United by Fate (Shiritsu Justice Gakuen: Legion of Heroes) and its even better sequel Project Justice (Moero! Justice Gakuen)? Those are not names that get dropped often nowadays, despite the fact that they represent one of the best fighting series ever released by Capcom.

Well, the name has just been dropped, and not by a random nobody, but by legendary Capcom Producer Yoshinori Ono as part of an interview on Famitsu.com (which is basically an extended transcript of the interview about Deep Down summarized here).

When asked if he’s thinking of developing Street Fighter V for the PS4 after the release of Deep Down, he responded:

"No, but I might make Justice Gakuen 3 (Laughs)."

He laughed, so he was very possibly joking, but was he, really? There’s rarely smoke where there’s no fire in this industry, and fans of the old Rival Schools series have been clamoring for a sequel for quite a while. Who knows… maybe we should just tweet Ono-san and beg him to really do it. I’d buy it in a heartbeat, even if it ran on a toaster.
Source: Famitsu.com

This is one of my favorite fighting game series, if someone didnt played it yet then run and find a way to do it right now.

HD Rival Schools Intro

Rival Schools- Its our School,We must protect it!!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 09:35:46 AM by Lelygax »
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~     

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
It seems like he was joking, but thinking about that(Rival Schools 3 on PS4) makes me drool. I don't think Capcom would let him, though. Unless Capcom changes the way they conduct their business, they are beyond repair.

Offline Lelygax

• The Wanderer
  • Master Hunter
  • Its useless, its all useless.
  • Awards 2017-07-Sprite Contest First Place Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA)
http://www.destructoid.com/capcom-and-dmc-s-hideaki-itsuno-to-reveal-game-at-tgs-261987.phtml

Capcom and DMC's Hideaki Itsuno to reveal game at TGS

Why, hello there. In a list of Capcom's Tokyo Game Show livestreams, there's an entry for September 22 that reads "Product Line-up Introduction Stage -- Introduction of Capcom's latest apps. Plus, the reveal of an unannounced title. Featuring director Itsuno Hideaki."

I'm not so keen on the mention of "apps," but this is the director of games like Devil May Cry 4, Rival Schools, and Dragon's Dogma we're talking about there. I'm optimistic that whatever Itsuno is working on, it's something of that caliber -- something that will get long-time Capcom fans to freak out later this week. I'm probably setting myself up for disappoint.

Tokyo Game Show 2013 live stream schedule [Gematsu]

Why this have been posted in this thread? Look at that and you will notice that he worked in Rival Schools as a co-director and as a director in Project Justice.
(click to show/hide)
Hau auu~