Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Belmont's Revenge Finally  (Read 5000 times)

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« on: October 30, 2013, 09:37:46 PM »
+1
After years I finally got it.  ;D

Besides going on a video game buying frenzy. This along side panzer dragoon orta, ninja gaiden black, and Mega man for the gb. BR is just pure awesome.

But where do I start? It's mega-man like in the first few stages till you get to dracula's castle. The sub weapons are here well only two in the U.S version I hear it's different in other versions. But overall the whole game is just leaps and bounds better than adventure. The pacing is much more fluid that the adventure , platforming is not that different to me per say but it just feels better, even the whip is improved but why you get hit by the giant fireballs from the white dragon heads and lose power is silly but their so slow so ehh.

Overall I'm loving adventure so much that it maybe my favorite handheld cv.  ;D
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:33:12 AM »
But where do I start? It's mega-man like in the first few stages till you get to dracula's castle.

Unlike mega man you don't have to worry about having the right weapon for a specific stage, so just go anywhere you feel like. I usually choose this route: Rock Castle, Plant Castle, Cloud Castle and Crystal Castle. I've always done it in that order for some obscure reason.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Intersection

• The Symbolic
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Potent Sovereign of the Abstract
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 08:02:04 AM »
+1
Unlike mega man you don't have to worry about having the right weapon for a specific stage, so just go anywhere you feel like. I usually choose this route: Rock Castle, Plant Castle, Cloud Castle and Crystal Castle. I've always done it in that order for some obscure reason.
On the Rock is seeded a Plant, which grows up to the Clouds, on which Crystals form. On the Rocky Plant a Cloud is Crystallizing.

Or maybe it has something to do with Rock, Paper, sCissors... But I don't know where the last C comes from...

Or maybe you just attend River Parishes Community College. Or worship at Roxburgh Park Community Church.

Or... Who knows? Maybe you've just chosen randomly.  ;D
Castlevania: Legacy of Sorrow: An original scenario project

Freedom is the one thing you cannot impose.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 09:40:56 AM »
On the Rock is seeded a Plant, which grows up to the Clouds, on which Crystals form. On the Rocky Plant a Cloud is Crystallizing.

That's very poetic Intersection, I'm impressed!  :)
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Ratty

• A Little Pile of Secrets
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 06:23:02 PM »
It's a great game, one of the ones I played through to help celebrate October. It doesn't really matter what order you choose for the opening, though I think in terms of boss difficulty it might go from right to left top to bottom the difference isn't that great. Everything does feel better. And while the game isn't that long the password system just makes everything much less stressful.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 10:08:56 PM »
The only stage that really feels long/dragged out is the second stage of Dracula's Castle. I guess it didn't help that fact that I'm not a fan of the track 'PASSPIED'. It made playing through the level rather slow. It's about the only track in the whole game I don't like, but everything else is good. However it gets good when 'SOLEIYU'S ROOM' starts up.

Tags: christopher belmont