Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Something I did in minecraft  (Read 10005 times)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:03:39 AM »
Well this is technically cheating, I rebuilt the castle we were going to use for Vampire blood chronicles in Minecraft, on the moon no less, so it is the Dracula X castle in full block 3d
No where near as impressive as the one Jorge Made but still felt it was worth mentioning

Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 05:40:06 AM »
Castlevania on the moon. Bet Konami never thought about that one.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:23:57 AM »
I swore Dracula's castle was sealed in an eclipse, lol

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 09:20:05 AM »
You should have the Lunar module parked beside the front entrance, lol.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 12:54:31 PM »
Haha, looks like a straw hut after seeing what Jorge made.

Kind of reminds me of the abyss or whatever was in Aria of Sorrow with the star background.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »
I tried to port my castle to Galacticraft's spacestation dimension.  It looked awesome but kept crashing the map so I had to knock it off.
It looked like Aria of Sorrow's castle.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 10:09:16 PM »
I tried to port my castle to Galacticraft's spacestation dimension.  It looked awesome but kept crashing the map so I had to knock it off.

I guess there's only so much room you can work with depending on the environment. You'd think they'd put in more space for those who'd want to go big.

It looked like Aria of Sorrow's castle.

That's a shame. I would've liked to have seen it. Nothing gets you in the CV mood like some juicy screenshots.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 06:52:45 AM »
that moon I made in worldpainter its 2048x2048 map with a 256 height limit, if you use something like multiverse with bukkit it lets for some interesting things
also Jorge, have you considered making the castle into a schematic, and loading it into its own world with world edit/ async?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:54:25 AM by Omegasigma »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 08:22:13 PM »
+1
I would need to remake it with nothing but Vanilla blocks.
...which it looks like I'm gonna get to do in the Frozencraft Creative server (my current Minecraft home): mc.creativefrozen.com

Currently, I'm doing something like this (Assassin's Creed-based, but with a touch of Castlevania in the mountain mansion) in there:

Of course, since this is a Creative server, I have to deal with some limitation (no mobs, redstone is banned or severely limited, etc.).

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 05:02:09 AM »
the server Im Admin on, the owner let me have the moon world, gotta love multiverse, but that castle is badass Jorge

Also I used the wireframe from the vampire blood chronicles mod, now I found out 3dmax has a voxel plugin, I could literally just export the 3d castle to minecraft
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 05:05:08 AM by Omegasigma »

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Administrator
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 08:47:40 AM »
Make sure you keep it large if you're importing.  Things tend to... shrink... when in Minecraft.
On top of that, to have the best-looking themed interiors you're gonna have to do double-walling (and maybe triple-ceiling) in order to install any... 'secrets'... like I did. :)
You must obey Da Rulez!

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 09:58:04 AM »
I guess Minecraft doesn't allow for painting textures. That seems kinda limiting in many ways.

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 11:29:34 AM »
actually it does, and yeah Jorge, this is the 3rd castle on that server ive done

Offline Inccubus

• Wannabe Great Old One
  • Master Hunter
  • Warrior
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Vampire Killer (MSX)
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 09:06:44 AM »
You know, all this minecraft stuff concerning CV that I've seen lately has made my mind turn to EverQuest Next Landmark. How bad-ass will it be when someone recreates the famous castle there?
"Stuff and things."

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 09:54:20 AM »
The I say that CV fans will have their work cut out for them.  :D

Tags: castlevania 

anything