Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: There's really just one thing I'd like to know about Lords of Shadow 2.  (Read 7747 times)

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
it's still really sneaky marketing, like when they showed Dracul in the trailers with "DIE BELMONT" playing over it, making you think you fight Dracula.

I love loS and even I can see you are really trying way too hard to justify this.

Justify what exactly? There's nothing here that needs justification. I'm saying maybe don't jump to your own conclusions and assumptions based on one picture of concept art and then whine when they turn out not to be what you wanted.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (GBA)
It would be nice to have both Slogra and a chapel level in the DLC.
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
That would have been a great idea, but I doubt it'll happen.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
Justify what exactly? There's nothing here that needs justification. I'm saying maybe don't jump to your own conclusions and assumptions based on one picture of concept art and then whine when they turn out not to be what you wanted.

That is exactly the effect they want though. It's intentional. They give you veague material as to make your old fan brain go wild. Then they cna cover themselves with that exact excuse.

It's a very deliberate marketing move.

Offline EstebanT

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Sometimes being a fanboy sucks. :(
They don't HAVE to have slogra there... But whats the harm? Why not have it? Its almost like they're trying to piss us off.

Offline Viskod

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It didn't piss me off. I loved seeing him there, thinking if him standing guard over Gabriel for so long. The merman statues were great to. I loved that whole cathedral throne room it was pure Castlevania in design.

Like how the throne was set off behind that long platform where if it were a 2D game you'd see Dracula setting on it in the background, and it even had a giant window at the end and I could totally see sunlight breaking through that at the end of a classic boss fight there to finish him off.

It was great fan service. All if it. So again, they can't be blamed for your false assumptions based on nothing but one picture.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
It didn't piss me off. I loved seeing him there, thinking if him standing guard over Gabriel for so long. The merman statues were great to. I loved that whole cathedral throne room it was pure Castlevania in design.

Like how the throne was set off behind that long platform where if it were a 2D game you'd see Dracula setting on it in the background, and it even had a giant window at the end and I could totally see sunlight breaking through that at the end of a classic boss fight there to finish him off.

It was great fan service. All if it. So again, they can't be blamed for your false assumptions based on nothing but one picture.

Dang, didn't even think about the throne room thing. Cool thing to point out! Although, personally, the ending to the first game felt more Castlevaniaish than the entire 2nd game.  :-\
"There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds." - G.K. Chesterton

Offline Mike Belmont

• Castlevania Fan since 1995
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Dang, didn't even think about the throne room thing. Cool thing to point out! Although, personally, the ending to the first game felt more Castlevaniaish than the entire 2nd game.  :-\

If you are refering to the epilogue, with the Eu sunt Dracul moment, then yes, is very Castlevania-esque.

But yes, that throne room is very cool...
"This whip, and my kinsmen will destroy you some day. From this day on, the Belmont clan will hunt the night"

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
the ending to the first game felt more Castlevaniaish than the entire 2nd game.  :-\

That 2nd game is the direct result of production troubles making a good concept turn bad in the execution.

Offline Anglachel

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
If you are refering to the epilogue, with the Eu sunt Dracul moment, then yes, is very Castlevania-esque.

But yes, that throne room is very cool...

Yes, I was referring to the epilogue part.  :P What made it cool was that at the point of the ending, Dracula was put out of my mind for a bit because I was really engrossed in Gabriel's story. So, seeing Gabriel as the vampire was quite a twist for me, and got me instantly pumped for the sequel.

But the second just didn't feel Castlevania to me.  :( I was kinda hoping that Lords of Shadow 2 would be like Mercurysteam's Demon Castle War, like it would try to go for that kind of feel of an ultimate battle vs. Dracula (or Satan.)

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Definitely sneaky marketing... it's like saying Goku appears in something, then all that shows up is a picture of an open manga on the floor.

Damn this thread! I forgot about my initial reaction to not seeing Slogra, now you bring this up!?

Offline Eric Roman

• Arima Red
  • Vampire Hunter
  • THE RISE that Eric Roman has sent
    • EricTJRoman.com
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Not so sure about Slogra standing guard over Dracula through the centuries, it seemed like he got ruined and hurled into the wall there.  Perhaps wrecked by Alucard, then? 

(You don't know how glad I am to type "Alucard" in this context and the image of this fucking badass warrior {who was once Trevor} comes to mind.)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:12:17 AM by Eric Roman »

Tags: slogra 

anything