Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Calling all participants!  (Read 20568 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2014, 02:00:14 PM »
I think this explanation is easier:
-Simon's Curse is making the whip reject him.  Even touching it is beginning to hurt him.
-Simon still has no heirs so he is the last to hold the whip, as well as the best wielder.  Anyone else who attempts to wield the whip is too much of a novice to handle its awesome power.
-After much consideration, Simon decides to leave the whip behind.  He has heard stories of legendary warriors who have vanquished Dracula without the holy relic, so he knows it is possible (you can tie in a small blurb about Hector in CoD, or work in something about how Christopher defeated Dracula while not holding the VK, since his son had it... AND he beat his son*).

It's a better explanation than "Some dude just ran off with it when I was drunk and hanging out with wenches at the tavern".

*It is not confirmed whether Soleiyu has the VK or Christopher has the VK upon Soleiyu's initiation ceremony. 
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2014, 02:16:44 PM »
I can do that, And the Rival hunter can Still be in the game. (Rival hunter is more of a symbolic reminder of Simon's failure to kill Dracula the first time).

The change will give a more reason to not feature the VK in the game, but it will be a secret weapon only obtainable by finding Iga in a cave and doing the konami code (This will really be in the game)

Also Thanks guys for tearing apart that idea and exposing it for how silly it was AND giving a better, more canon friendly explanation.

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »
What if the Crystal Knights are tied into it?

It may need some reworking of things, since you get the crystals from them in the original. But how about them forming as a result of Simon's failure? Like a band of the local knights got together and decided to team up to protect the people from the undead coming back.

Perhaps the ones who still respect Simon are the ones who give you the orbs.

Likewise, your rival hunter could be one of them.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2014, 06:40:19 PM »
but it will be a secret weapon only obtainable by finding Iga in a cave and doing the konami code (This will really be in the game)

LOL! Personally I'm iffy about this. IGA's Japanese and there were no Japanese in Romania during the 1600s. I just don't think it would fit well with CVII but that's me.

What if the Crystal Knights are tied into it?

It may need some reworking of things, since you get the crystals from them in the original. But how about them forming as a result of Simon's failure? Like a band of the local knights got together and decided to team up to protect the people from the undead coming back.

Perhaps the ones who still respect Simon are the ones who give you the orbs.

Likewise, your rival hunter could be one of them.

uzo's suggestion seems to fit better IMO. The Crystal Knights are already in CVII so giving them more of an important role in the game wouldn't hurt, but enhance them and the story a bit. And like he said the rival hunter could be a member of their order. In fact he may have been ordered to confiscate the whip by order of his Grand Master due to Simon's failure, thinking that they themselves are more worthy to wield vampirekiller. But of course the order would not realize that only a Belmont can wield it, thus nothing ever becomes of their plan.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2014, 07:43:36 PM »
LOL! Personally I'm iffy about this. IGA's Japanese and there were no Japanese in Romania during the 1600s. I just don't think it would fit well with CVII but that's me.
It's based off of SOMEONE's signature "Gabriel and Laura go into a cave and find... IGA"
If changes along the way, I do wanna keep it as a secret gag, most likely accessible only after you beat the game.
Most likely it'll unlock a Playable IGA, probably some 4th wall material, as a way to tribute IGA's contribution to Castlevania and have a few laughs
uzo's suggestion seems to fit better IMO. The Crystal Knights are already in CVII so giving them more of an important role in the game wouldn't hurt, but enhance them and the story a bit. And like he said the rival hunter could be a member of their order. In fact he may have been ordered to confiscate the whip by order of his Grand Master due to Simon's failure, thinking that they themselves are more worthy to wield vampirekiller. But of course the order would not realize that only a Belmont can wield it, thus nothing ever becomes of their plan.
This could go down like this.
Simon leaves behind the VK, travels to Transylvania
Rival Hunter is sent to retrieve VK around that time (possibly tipped off by Carmilla)
Crystal Knights act like a small Brotherhood of light, but formed through desperation

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »
It's based off of SOMEONE's signature "Gabriel and Laura go into a cave and find... IGA"

*chuckle*
If changes along the way, I do wanna keep it as a secret gag, most likely accessible only after you beat the game.
Most likely it'll unlock a Playable IGA, probably some 4th wall material, as a way to tribute IGA's contribution to Castlevania and have a few laughs

Are you gonna give him his fedora, unruly facial & head hair, and play some 'indie' music in the background, lol?
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2014, 02:17:53 AM »
*chuckle*
Are you gonna give him his fedora, unruly facial & head hair, and play some 'indie' music in the background, lol?

don't sound like a bad idea....

Also, update, I'm doing some artsy stuff, I want to make sure I want to capture the old NES colorful areas but also use proper color wheel complements while at the same him use a semi-modern Sotn-ish tiling.

Also, is it even possible to make a game widescreen in gamemaker?

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2014, 09:55:29 AM »
Also, update, I'm doing some artsy stuff, I want to make sure I want to capture the old NES colorful areas but also use proper color wheel complements while at the same him use a semi-modern Sotn-ish tiling.

Rondo of Blood I feel did just this very well.

Also, is it even possible to make a game widescreen in gamemaker?

It should. I don't see why not.

Offline Shiroi Koumori

• Guardian of the Night
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Birth, Death and Rebirth... Everything is a cycle.
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Sprite Contest Silver Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • My DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2014, 11:52:23 PM »
IGA in a cave and playable IGA! Go for it!  :)

Tags: