Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: I wonder if Seitz was influenced by Freeman  (Read 1868 times)

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I wonder if Seitz was influenced by Freeman
« on: May 15, 2014, 12:39:20 PM »
This is just a passing thought that struck me earlier today. Patrick Seitz worked with Crispin Freeman on Hellsing Ultimate: II, as Luke Valentine where Freeman was Dracula, respectively. The English dub of II came out June 12th of '07, and DXC came out on October 23rd of the same year. Given that Seitz's Dracula (which IIRC is the first Castlevania role he did for the character, correct me if I'm wrong) sounds really close to Freeman's Alucard, the idea hit me that perhaps Seitz drew inspiration for the voice from Freeman's talents?

This is all just idle speculation. If I missed the answer in some interview, let me know.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 03:56:00 PM by Dracula9 »

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Re: I wonder if Seitz was influenced by Freeman
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 02:50:21 AM »
Possibly? Not to mention if were going off LoI Freemen is Mathias who becomes Dracula.

Tags: