Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania: Shadow of Ecclesia (Fan Project - New Demo Available)  (Read 82716 times)

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Dominus Engine (Ecclesia Fangame, Tech Demo Available)
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2014, 10:21:15 PM »
Hey guys, project update. Started working on the Menu Screen / UI a while back. Here's a teaser:

Also, I'm looking for people who may be interested in joining the team and assisting with the project. As of now, here are the current positions available:

Beta Testers:
Mainly looking for people who have time to test and analyze early builds of the game to find bugs and make other gameplay-related recommendations. Will have early access to prototype builds of the game before public releases are available.

Spriters / Graphics Designers:
Create custom assets and make modifications to ripped Order of Ecclesia graphics. Right now I'm focusing on the start screen, and am open to suggestions here.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM or reply in this thread. Feel free to post any questions you might have, happy holidays!

Dude, I'm open to Sprite and Design.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2014, 10:30:12 PM »
I'd be open to beta-test, but I likely wouldn't be as regular as I'd like. If you're fine with a swing tester, I'm open for it.

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
  • Nightmare Class Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2015, 12:42:23 AM »
Hey guys, been a little while but I'm back with an update! I've mostly finished the "key config" screen that allows players to input their own custom keyboard / joypad controls. Didn't think it would cause me this much trouble but it's a serious pain in the ass in Clickteam Fusion, haha. At this point, I'm not surprised most fangame developers just opt not to be arsed with it all.

Here's a screenshot of the functional key binding screen:

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 01:00:25 AM »
I truly hope you finish this and allow a full editor mode. That'd be the dream: countless new OoE "hacks" :D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 06:55:49 AM »
Hey guys, been a little while but I'm back with an update! I've mostly finished the "key config" screen that allows players to input their own custom keyboard / joypad controls. Didn't think it would cause me this much trouble but it's a serious pain in the ass in Clickteam Fusion, haha. At this point, I'm not surprised most fangame developers just opt not to be arsed with it all.

Here's a screenshot of the functional key binding screen:

Well dude you talking about enabling custom controls, that is never easy in any program to do from scratch!

Great job!

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2015, 08:14:35 AM »
its not that bad if you plan for it from the very beginning

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2015, 11:39:56 AM »
Good job! I'm glad you're going through with Joystick customizations. It's become a chore messing around with JoytoKey or Xpadder when the option to play said games with joysticks should've been enabled into the games from the very beginning. At the very least you've taken a stand on it and deserve praise. Kudos to you ProjectDread.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2015, 02:10:16 PM »
I can beta test.

Offline BLOOD MONKEY

• rrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Master Hunter
  • BEWARE, I LIVE
  • Awards May 2017 Sprite Contest Second Place 2015-02-Sprite Contest 1st Place
    • twitter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2015, 03:41:13 PM »
I can beta test.
UPON THE COMPLETION OF ITS STATEMENT, THE BLOOD MONKEY LEAPS TOWARDS YOU, BARING TEETH. IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU.

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 03:45:45 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys! I have some more updates on the game:

*Custom Controls are now completely implemented into the engine. The controls you bind are saved on your system so you only have to customize them initially and they will work for all future Windows versions of Dominus Engine.

*Screen resolution / game scale is saved after it's initially configured.

*A lot of the Shanoa rips online aren't quite animated correctly. For this reason, I've decided to rip them myself and replace / rework numerous animations currently in the game. So far I've redone the walking, running, turning, and some attacking animations and fixed issues with the sprite's center of gravity as well. Ultimately, this should mean animations look a bit more smooth.

*Tweaked direction code for the attack system. If you're facing one direction and attacking while holding the opposite direction, Shanoa will instantly turn around the moment she is next able to throw another attack. This should help with situations where you're surrounded by enemies on both sides and need to constantly switch your angle of attack.

For those of you interested in beta testing, please send me a PM with the best way to contact you (whether that be  email, Skype, etc.) and I'll send you the current prototype engine.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 03:18:48 AM by ProjectDread »

Offline deadsanto123

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2015, 08:05:27 PM »
This looks amazing keep up the great work!

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 05:28:27 AM »
Update on progress -

Because GIFs are fun.

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)

Completely replaced all of Shanoa's animations with newly ripped and edited variants! My friend Kuro Kurome doubled the color palette and made some other modifications; it always bothered me how in-game Shanoa's hair was brown despite it being black in all of her portraits.

In addition, I've finished a implementing a Castlevania-styled camera system into Dominus Engine and it works great so far. Anyways, I'll probably be uploading another public test build shortly once a few more additions have been added. Please let me know what your thoughts are in the comments!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 06:16:34 AM by ProjectDread »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 09:55:25 AM »
Completely replaced all of Shanoa's animations with newly ripped and edited variants! My friend Kuro Kurome doubled the color palette and made some other modifications; it always bothered me how in-game Shanoa's hair was brown despite it being black in all of her portraits.

Well according to the new vids her hair is still brown. Does that have yet to be changed? Other then that it looks good!
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline ProjectDread

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »
Thanks, the hair does look a bit brown in the GIF now that I look back at it.. I think that's because the color palette was optimized to keep it relatively small in size, leading to distortion like that. Figured I'd post a comparison picture of Kuro's modified Shanoa and the old one so it's more clear.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 03:14:23 PM by ProjectDread »

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2015, 05:12:18 PM »
Update on progress -

Because GIFs are fun.

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)

In addition, I've finished a implementing a Castlevania-styled camera system into Dominus Engine and it works great so far. Anyways, I'll probably be uploading another public test build shortly once a few more additions have been added. Please let me know what your thoughts are in the comments!
Castlevania-styled camera? Please elaborate.

anything