Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania fan games with Female (or even Vampire) leads?  (Read 16848 times)

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
Castlevania fan games with Female (or even Vampire) leads?
« on: January 10, 2015, 05:30:34 PM »
Hello everyone, I've been delving into the realm of fan games lately and here's a question in my mind that I'm always wondering...

Is there any existing Castlevania fan games that have female leads or is there one in the works? Also especially if there's any of them that actually features (especially female) vampire protagonists. Since we already have enough male protagonists in the series don't you think?

Well I have several ideas for a Castlevania fan game....

1. Reintroducing Sonia Belmont actually being the first belmont during the 15th century.

2. I think this is similar to Castlevania the Lecarde Chronicles (but plays more like "Symphony of the Night" since the protagonist is actual full Vampire) but with a different theme centering around Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu's "Carmilla" where you actually play as Carmilla (I think she can be 'modeled' after Stella except with she has a Victorian style black, off the shoulder dress with a V waistline, black boots (if visible) and she has long dark hair like Shaona, of course she has her powers from the book including Bram Stoker's Dracula like turning into a wolf, bat, mist, etc combined not to mention shadow manipulation, blood sorcery, etc and of course she'll get as powerful as Dracula later in the game...) where she returns to her old family castle for revenge against her other Aristocratic Vampiric (well maybe some of them are Vampires but some of them could be also Werewolves, Ghosts, etc) family members who betrayed her centuries ago. 

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:31:06 AM by Zydalc »

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania fan games with Female (or even Vampire) leads?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 11:06:35 PM »
hey, sounds great, I like the idea of playing as carmilla  :D

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:30:36 AM »
Yep, the Carmilla idea is pretty original.

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 05:10:13 AM »
I saw your ''concept'' and whipped this up real quick.

Hope its okay.  ;)

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 07:51:31 AM »
I saw your ''concept'' and whipped this up real quick.

Hope its okay.  ;)

Thank you very much and it's very good sprite there...

I wonder if you plan on animating her more? Or maybe a high res version? while everything is almost perfect I have several suggestions maybe you could make a 'long hair' variation (but then again, during the earlier centuries like the 19th century for example, women displaying long hair was considered childish which maybe it's best if her is 'short' or 'pulled up' to look professional) and also maybe you could add a V waistline and not to mention a 'sweetheart' neckline of her dress? Since her main 'theme' is a victorian gothic stlye "femme fatale" (since she is a vampire) look since I would consider her a "Dark Action Anti-Heroine" as a perfect way to describe her... 

Well I think forgot to describe Carmilla's personality, well unlike Dracula she is less hammy but more cold, calm collected, if she had a voice, I could imagine her being very soothingly low pitched and husky (almost seductive...) that also sounds professional and well educated (like a 'proper lady') like as if she's a diplomat first and then violence if the former fails (she's more "tranquil fury") but under Castlevania's case, I could might as well picture having the exact same or similar personality as Alucard from SOTN was and especially diplomacy would commonly fail in Castlevania so she has to resort to violence most of the time like all the other player characters.

Well as for her sexuality...well just like the novel she's commonly a lesbian who prefers women (since she also drinks blood from and it's more likely she'll turn them into vampires than men...) but also can be 'bisexual' (but rather she's omnisexual) if she wanted intercourse with a man and also drink their blood (since I could imagine her attending ballroom dances to do so which she first dances with a man, takes him to her quarters, has sex with him, and finally drink his blood after ejaculation (or sometimes during intercourse..), and repeat if she desired) like as if sexual promiscuity is her 'preferred' way of feeding when she's not in 'combat' situations but maybe somewhere in the game though it could be demonstrated with a "Ballroom" themed level which she dances/waltzes with one of the characters (or could be the level's boss or maybe Dracula himself...and them waltzing in the air like the SNES Castlevania 4 dancing specters) and they have a conversation while dancing before the 'music' is over and they back away and the boss battle begins (maybe not like the character she dances with since he 'vanishes' especially if it's Dracula himself or the game's main antagonist and has the level's boss take over). Also lastly...since the Castle is monster/demon filled, I think Carmilla wouldn't even mind having sex with them as well...(hint...if the monster has tentacles...).

« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 08:49:04 AM by Zydalc »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 10:00:26 AM »
Castlevania fan games with Female (or even Vampire) leads?

I say why the hell not. Patriarchy and Sexism are way too overrated and I'm really f**k 'in tired of it. Give me a CV game that stars a woman Belmont or even your idea of a Vampire, like Carmilla, would be interesting.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:17:39 AM »
I say why the hell not. Patriarchy and Sexism are way too overrated and I'm really f**k 'in tired of it. Give me a CV game that stars a woman Belmont or even your idea of a Vampire, like Carmilla, would be interesting.

I agree which I have the same thought in mind because I'm also tired of it as well.

You speaking of a woman belmont and mixing Carmilla together especially fitting the "Laura" character in without having her as a damsel in distress...what about Laura Belmont who goes to hunt down Dracula as what her bloodline does best (well staying true to the novel with slight alteration, her father (a previous Belmont who killed Dracula before) trains her to be a vampire killer) but she runs in to Carmilla which Laura firsts sees her as a enemy because she's a vampire but later on they become friends and eventually lovers (just like in the novel)...and they hunt down and kill Dracula together.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 11:25:09 AM by Zydalc »

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 12:06:19 AM »
hey!! I also want to participate :D, here is my sprite, but I'm having problems with hair  :-X
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:10:43 AM by Dracula »

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 12:11:06 AM »
edit: The sprite looks very good although someone else also already made a sprite though of course the one inside the link looks more or closely 'historically accurate' with the off the shoulder neckline since just a sweetheart is only more modern however which maybe it could be used for modern settings but hmmm.

Maybe you could make another variation with a off-the-shoulder but still keeping the sweetheart neckline?

or else maybe just a sweetheart neckline is a very good reason for freely moving her arms around...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:25:53 AM by Zydalc »

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 12:41:46 AM »
Something like that? Well, take the sprite donoffrio :P, the truth is that I also seem better design the dress, I hope there is no problem, and hope you like also to donoffrio, whatever, as it is only a sketch to give ideas, as they I really i do not would end   :-X

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 12:52:46 AM »
Something like that? Well, take the sprite donoffrio :P, the truth is that I also seem better design the dress, I hope there is no problem, and hope you like also to donoffrio, whatever, as it is only a sketch to give ideas, as they I really i do not would end   :-X

Yep, of course though if you look at this I've also posted it should give you clearer idea if not you've have already seen it since the theme I'm going for is a late (1870s/1880s) Victorian gothic style.

I was also wondering if you could add some further detail like making her 'off the shoulder' ridges more distinctly visible and plus a visible V waistline.

Well lastly, maybe you could also continue developing your original sprite you first posted as another 'skin' variation (but maybe add a visible "V" waistline) which maybe you could decide which version you want to go or use both (but it'll be extra work though however).

edit: I think you forgot to add a ridge on her left arm in that sprite.

BTW her "Off the Shoulder sweetheart" neckline could resemble alot like these as a extra concept:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:31:58 AM by Zydalc »

Offline Donoffrio

• ladadee~
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - First Place 2014-10-Halloween Sprite Contest 2nd Place Award One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 01:08:12 AM »
The shading on the dress is waaay too detailed by SOTN sprite standards IMO.

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 01:18:16 AM »
The shading on the dress is waaay too detailed by SOTN sprite standards IMO.

Well sometimes it can be considered a 'graphical update' sort of as one way of looking at things.

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 12:36:08 PM »
ready Zidalc, here are two models of dress, :) and thanks donnofrio and sorry again am using your sprite, no problem? :P certainly, I do not think I can do the moves, right now I'm in a compromise, and in fact I'm taking with them, almost i'm not on the pc, i clarify that it is only to give an idea, I hope I do not look bad with you
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 12:39:59 PM by Dracula »

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2015, 02:08:26 PM »
ready Zidalc, here are two models of dress, :) and thanks donnofrio and sorry again am using your sprite, no problem? :P certainly, I do not think I can do the moves, right now I'm in a compromise, and in fact I'm taking with them, almost i'm not on the pc, i clarify that it is only to give an idea, I hope I do not look bad with you

Nice work on the sprites, I think I would go with number 1 since she almost clearly has a visible V waistline which you could make even more visible.

As for her moves...maybe someone else can do it? Or maybe you could attempt it?

If someone can do the moves, here's a better description: I think running, walking, jumping should be basic (maybe you could watch videos of how women in ball gown dresses move about), of course she can also float in the air, as for her attacks she like Alucard uses swords, axes, crossbows, even muskets/flintlock pistols, not to mention her magical based attacks she uses (like Dracula style fireballs, swarm bat teleporting, etc) not to mention her shape shifting forms (well let's say during the beginning of the game, she has abilities from the novel like transforming into a panther but over time she gains the abilities of turning into mist, wolf, bat (and bat swarms, etc) and Demon form...which is a nude demon lady I imagine her 'pose' would look alot like this this as the "closest" depiction but except it's not Sarah Kerrigan though and her appearance would have, dark blue skin, and of course unlike the picture linked which I would say 'why not' is visible nipples since nudity has been done before in Castlevania, etc), shadow tentacles around her body or summoning demons/undead/shadows/hellfire, blood drinking modes (I think drinking blood from different enemies has different effects like human blood her health replenishes, drinking from magical creatures not only replenishes her healthy but also the 'mana' system, there's some blood that 'poisons' her that drains her health (like in Blood Omen), or sometimes Vampire and Demon blood is like the 'ultra health' in the game. Also I think she can also grow bat wings behind her back which she can fly around (not to mention turning into a single bat like Alucard), not to mention she can scale walls or alternative method of flight is floating freely in the air like a ghost.

Well speaking of nudity...from the discussion from this thread, maybe you could also attempt a nude version sprite of her especially her blood covered after she raises from her blood soaked tomb which you play as her nude first (or maybe a cutscene...) before donning the black ballgown type dress she wears for the rest of the game (maybe there could be a ingame story reason why she wears the ballgown which might have something to do with her past since the novel mentions a ball which this element can be used).

« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 02:25:46 PM by Zydalc »

Tags: