Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Castlevania fan games with Female (or even Vampire) leads?  (Read 16845 times)

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest Runner-Up 2016-02 Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Re: Castlevania fan games with Female (or even Vampire) leads?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »
sounds very nice, and very good ideas :D, but as I say, I dont could work so hard, and now I'm with another commitment, it is only a proposal, and if someone offers, I could also make some sprites, but clarified that is much package for me :-X... fix the shoulder and redial the V

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
sounds very nice, and very good ideas :D, but as I say, I dont could work so hard, and now I'm with another commitment, it is only a proposal, and if someone offers, I could also make some sprites, but clarified that is much package for me :-X... fix the shoulder and redial the V

Perfect, maybe we can settle in with this sprite as her 'final' design unless you want to do some further polishing which is up to you.

Then again if someone does her movements, I wonder how it would work...either she'll somehow do normal movement or she'll hover around like Stella and Loretta...

Then again maybe the dress itself can be animated for her movements? Also maybe it's best if she had no restrictive undergarments either (except for a corset/bodice) which would make her move easier (except for victorian style boots if they become visible?) especially she's a vampire she doesn't really need them.

Edit: Oh maybe you could also do Laura which she'll might be the easiest because she'll look much like a traditional belmont or vampire killer would for example something similar to this: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Thori-Belmont-422580021 But maybe a more Victorian version of that, which she has brown long hair. Or maybe she'll wear a long coat, trousers, vest, etc. hmmm....

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:18:10 PM by Zydalc »

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 08:33:35 PM »
Something like this? the truth I like more with the dress, as it is not their style jacket and pants, the boots can see in the jumping and running, under her dress, perhaps this clothes is more suitable for laura, the colors can be changed

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 08:45:18 PM »
Something like this? the truth I like more with the dress, as it is not their style jacket and pants, the boots can see in the jumping and running, under her dress, perhaps this clothes is more suitable for laura, the colors can be changed

Hmmm....I agree what you said with go with the dress for both characters not the jacket and pants (While Carmilla looks more gothic looking while Laura looks more normal looking like this: http://www.deviantart.com/art/Victorian-Lady-in-Grey-Dress-338763783] making the two more distinctive which perhaps Laura represents the commonly 'sexual repressed' look which no skin but her head is visible in her dress, while Carmilla is the opposite which she's rather 'sexually open'). As for the boots when we see when they're running & jumping, I think they're rather black boots and bare legs something like this: http://bodistyles.com/victorian-gothic-dresses-victorian-gothic-wedding/ (maybe for both characters?) of course we all know for sure that Victorian women showing even their calfs is 'scandalous' however...which is the appeal comes from which their bare legs are sometimes shown. I think Laura's dress color could be bluish or whitish color (since her dress is more 'colorful' than Carmillas).

Also last referance, I can totally picture Carmilla holding a sword like this:

And also here is few pictures how 'flowing' the dresses can be which could help you when doing their movements perhaps...

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:35:22 PM by Zydalc »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 09:59:20 AM »
You might want to revisit your last three sprites there Dracula. She's looking more stiff rather then retaining her hourglass figure. This is causing the sprite to look more angular and less like a woman it's supposed to represent.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 01:37:32 PM »
BTW I have a new design idea for Laura:

http://emmareilly.deviantart.com/art/Miss-Sinclair-Meets-the-Wolfman-383268070

Or maybe Laura can after all wear trousers to be more 'practical':

http://emmareilly.deviantart.com/art/Genevieve-s-Practical-Costume-383270057

Since the description says:

Ready for a costume ball, Miss Sinclair?" Parsons asked her, bushy eyebrows climbing his forehead.
Genevieve ducked her face self consciously and fixed him with a solemn stare. "It seems to me that in the event of running and fighting for my life, trousers may be a more practical option. Perhaps it is more romantic to die with full skirts and a reputation besmirched - I fear we haven't the time for such nonsense."

Which makes me question if a dress is practical or not, which I wonder maybe Laura might need trousers when she's human but maybe when she's a vampire, then 'practicability' get's thrown out of the window?  Or maybe a fullskirt dress is 'practical'? Hmmm....Dracula what do you think about this?

Maybe you could make different versions of Laura, one being her "modest" dress, the other being a masquerade ball dress (looking like this and this which the woman in the left happens to be that stories incarnation of Carmilla....hmmm...a potential scene of Laura meeting Carmilla in a Masquerade ball perhaps?), and the other being her 'practical' clothing?

Or maybe Laura should only have one appearance or rather she should only wear a dress (both 'normal' and 'ballgown') or maybe both Carmilla and Laura wear ballgowns (that could somehow be 'combat' flexible worthy)?

Basically I think the main theme is: Kicking Ass in All Her Finery.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 08:13:19 PM by Zydalc »

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 09:05:15 PM »
I was going to ask if there is to be a strong female lead could we then expect there to be an Incubus plot line as well as a potential Succubus appearance?

Then I saw this post.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=2916.15

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 09:16:11 PM »
Then I saw this post.

http://castlevaniadungeon.net/forums/index.php?topic=2916.15

Uhh.....*gulp* (possibly?)

Well...things can always change you know and things don't have to be 100% to the books you know but I hope this isn't true though....

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 05:47:57 PM »
how this? I have not had much time to sit and make sprites, not think I can help a lot, but this is what I did, I hope you serve something, you can modify it as you like  :P

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 12:45:16 AM »
how this? I have not had much time to sit and make sprites, not think I can help a lot, but this is what I did, I hope you serve something, you can modify it as you like  :P

Well to be honest I like the original sprite (the black hair/dress one) better but maybe somehow could improve on the hourglass figure while retaining the elegance of the originals. Maybe you could make different variations with the ballgown of the original and it's slit leg version (except add boots on her legs) for Carmilla.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 01:09:58 AM by Zydalc »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 11:26:14 AM »
Nice sprites there Dracula! I've always thought of Carmilla wearing red rather then black for some obscure reason. And not just because that's what she's usually featured in in most medias.
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 01:36:24 PM »
hey zydalc I do not understand what is the expression hourglass figure?  :P sorry, amm and yes, i'll see what I can change :). And thanks X is good to know that you like, in fact if look better with red, I'll see how it is  :D

Offline FanOfDracula

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 03:05:02 PM »
Man, these proposals, the which have the dove look better :D, I can not think ideas, laura could have two suits. by the way, this dress of Laura was of Annette xD
I hope you serve this :D, if anyone can help with movements or modify them, they are there.

Offline Zydalc

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 03:27:17 PM »
Man, these proposals, the which have the dove look better :D, I can not think ideas, laura could have two suits. by the way, this dress of Laura was of Annette xD
I hope you serve this :D, if anyone can help with movements or modify them, they are there.

Still though I think you could keep the black dress or use it as a variation, and also try to make a slit leg version of the black dress showing her legs not to mention over the knee flat black boots like this.

Or another idea...maybe you could mix more darker crimson red and black in Carmilla's dress while her hair is raven black (which is the color I mostly prefer Carmilla's hair to be while Laura's is Brown making them distinctive).

But however I still prefer the black dress/hair of the original which you could use that as the 'final' design and make the other designs as 'extra customs' maybe.

and oh..maybe you could add some red eyes to Carmilla or maybe making her sprite detailed so we can briefly see her face?

Also I think this could be the 'cover' for the game perhaps...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:32:56 PM by Zydalc »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 11:09:30 PM »
That's a nice image you found Zydalc. It would definitely suit Carmilla when she's doing the hero thing. I also agree with making her red dress slightly darker. Crimson is a darker red although not by much so you should have to worry about a drastic color-change there Dracula. As for her hair, I'd also agree that black you work better. It would help to differentiate the contrast between her and her hair color and dress color. And here. I found this image on the net back in the late 90's after becoming curious about Carmilla. Not sure who did the image even though the sig is on the piece, but I can't read it  :P

Tags:

anything