Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Regarding Ericard  (Read 34178 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: The stealing, plagiarizing user called Ericard :)
« Reply #90 on: April 06, 2015, 01:45:34 AM »
Damn.  :-X

Offline theplottwist

• Canon Literalist
  • Master Hunter
  • プロットツイスト君
  • Awards 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place 2017-07-Sprite Contest 2nd PLace 2016-09-Sprite Contest First Place 2015 - Christmas Award First Place 2015 - Halloween Sprite Contest - Second Place
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
« Reply #91 on: April 06, 2015, 02:28:44 PM »
I just wanted to post what I found about Ericard on youtube.

"YOU STEAL MY MOD AND YOU VIOLATE THE ENGINE COPYRIGHT, NOW CEASE ALL YOUR STUPID FIGHTING STREET GAME VIDEO AND MY MOD THAT YOU MODIFIED RIGHT NOW!"
"FUCK YOUR DICK ASSHOLE, YOU STILL USING MY MOD WITHOUT CREDIT AND STEALING ALL MY BASE STUFF!!! I SAID BRING IT DOWN ALL THE STUFF THAT YOU USING ALL THE TWELVE CHARACTERS!!!"
These are comments of the Casval Char a user who I think is Ericard because the same channel promotes the videos of the Castlevania with the stolen sprite.

Also one more comment from the same idiot - "The projectile is so fucking cheap and no challenging at all, go suck the hell with this dunk." This post was left on a Fan made Castlevania game.

And some people here will tell me that I should not try to dring this mother****** down? Seriously?

For context:

https://plus.google.com/109140888451959105293/posts/gRJQEg2JJ3T <<Notice the date of this post. It's around the time all that stuff was happening over here, if I'm not mistaken.

https://plus.google.com/109140888451959105293/posts/3snJzRk9xHg

https://plus.google.com/109140888451959105293/posts/NYkFnysz4Pr << lol

https://plus.google.com/109140888451959105293/posts/TJY8y5Hdfi2 << This one is funny. The date coincides with the time I posted a video about this on the Castlevania group on Facebook. So yeah, he's talking about my project lol. The funny part is that, instead of simply clicking the link and saying shit about Umbra on the comments, he went to youtube, typed in the name of the video, and commented on the WRONG video.

So, we have an alpha-class dipshit on our hands. There is also some offenses towards Serio's projects, and other smaller projects. This dude is a joke. So much that he upvotes his own comments, like a stray dog licking his own balls.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:31:00 PM by theplottwist »
The mastermind behind the "Umbra of Sorrow" project. But not the only one.

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
This may have been posted already, and I think it was discussed, but what in the actual fuckery is this shit?

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2015, 02:55:06 PM »
So wait...

- Casval Char is Ericard (at least we think so anyway...)

- Someone named SeepBar is stealing Char/Ericard's work

- Char/Ericard insulted plot's game, but on the wrong video

Am I following this right?  Did I miss anything?
If someone is stealing his work, it serves him right.  You reap what you sow I guess...or something like that.

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2015, 03:02:11 PM »
You know what we DO have a rule for? Junior-moderating.  So knock it off.
When I return from vacation, we the moderation team will discuss what will be done.

Really? :o Excuse me for actually giving a crap about what if going on in the forum and offering a suggestion and responding to something that someone else already mentioned.

I am not doing much moderating at all actually, considering I don't have Any power to do so.

You said in the past that you want members to take some initiative and not really rely so much on the mods to have to do everything well, here I am offering my suggestion which by the way is one of the tamer ones I have seen on this thread.

And, just so we are clear I have asked before in the past to become a Mod if possible and become a more productive member of the dungeon. Considering since the beginning of the year that all of the new contests and even some past threads were single handedly my ideas, U would think that you would appreciate members policing their own without dragging mods into every little issue.

It's not like I have even PM' you to hell about this issue or anything, it's just this issue is obviously a major issue considering that you have alot of members of the dungeon in general that are all sorts of Artists and we are very protective of our original works.

I am sure other members agree?

It's not like you even have to agree on what we suggest, but don't act like I don't have a voice here.

I have been more than courteous depending on some of the other stuff I have seen on this thread...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:37:55 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline theANdROId

• Master Hunter
  • Raiding the Castle's Treasure Room...
  • Awards 2014-12-FoodItem Sprite Contest 3rd Place Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2015, 03:21:03 PM »
This guy has us all quite riled up.  No lie -- aside from the obvious errors he's made, following this whole story has been fairly amusing.  I hope we all find at least some amusement in this...laughing, even at oneself, is healthy.  I would also hope we don't all get so upset that we end up turning on each other over whatever thoughts, feelings, or comments come out in this craziness. :-S  We're all good pals here!

Offline darkmanx_429

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2015, 03:39:16 PM »
This guy has us all quite riled up.  No lie -- aside from the obvious errors he's made, following this whole story has been fairly amusing.  I hope we all find at least some amusement in this...laughing, even at oneself, is healthy.  I would also hope we don't all get so upset that we end up turning on each other over whatever thoughts, feelings, or comments come out in this craziness. :-S  We're all good pals here!

Your probably right ANdROId...I was just annoyed because I had already agreed with everyone else about Jorge adding a rule before and he singled me out.

Hell, I didn't even call out the mods like some of the other members did!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 03:59:10 PM by darkmanx_429 »

Vamprotector Lead Creator and Producer

Offline BMC_War Machine

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2021-07-Music Contest Silver Award 2018-06 Music Contest Runner-Up 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest First Place 2015-03-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2015, 03:46:43 PM »
Our forum is the #1 search when it comes to Castlevania and anything social (Forum). Though the site is old, this Board is very much alive. The problem is, it's very easy to grab our contest stuff as a result.
Just search for Castlevania sprites and undoubtedly something from this board will come up. This user did not even have to make an account to grab the stuff.

Users like this user is the reason sites like gbatemp force you to sign up to even see attachments. But then, this user did make an account.  The mistake was advertising a game with stolen content at the very site from which the context was stolen.

We can add a rule about using content without a creator's permission being a bannable offense, but it's not solving the problem and, in my opinion, a superfluous rule. But if enough of you guys debate about it, I can add it to the Fan Stuff rules.

Just know that it's a "bandage on Cancer" kind of measure.
I have to disagree.  Firstly, to agree would be on the first topic: being the #1 search found online.  And there's good reason for that; until things like this happen that is.  Easy to make an account? sure. easy to rip off others work? apparently easy as well.  But to brush off blatantly stealing someone's work AFTER said person clearly gave no permission..not cool :rollseyes: another thing not too cool is slamming "junior-mods".  Look, im not a mod, have no desire to be one.  I'll be the first to say that things can get me from zero to pissed off in 2.5 seconds lol, so that's another reason why i could never be a good mod.  But for "junior mods" to get heat from stating the same things that countless of us have said on here already is uncalled for.  I agree with the majority, Ericard's ass needs canned!  He needs to continue to suck at life and live in everyone's shadow like he's shown us he can do so well.  Dicks like this one is the reason why A LOT of us "real" fans have our love for the game just trashed when we want to take a stab at making games as well.  I dont know about you guys but from here on out ANY artwork i may contribute on here will have a nasty watermark on it to keep bitches like this one from stealing from me as well!  So in closing, i agree with the above quote in this aspect: "Our forum is the #1 search when it comes to Castlevania and anything social (Forum). Though the site is old, this Board is very much alive." Keeping things like this from going without consequence will ensure that at some point or another we get trumped by another cv site.  Just the way it goes.  Eventually people get tired of getting shit on and look elsewhere.  Again, not bitching - theplottwist, dude it sucks that someone stole your shit, all you gotta do now is just make something that absolutely crushes theirs.  Trust me, i've been in a VERY similar boat here also and posted my thoughts on it as well.  All you can do is keep doing what your doing man. $0.02 - end rant
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!!!!!!!

Offline piscesdreams

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2015, 04:00:08 PM »
IMO, plagiarizing should be a supreme offense that gets one banned, but that still really doesn't stop it. My suggestion would be to watermark your works lightly so that it doesn't really detract from your work, but makes it impossible to use otherwise. That may be hard to do, I know. But I would really recommend it if you don't want your work being used without permission.

Offline Dracula9

• That One Guy
  • Master Hunter
  • Blargh
  • Awards 2015-01-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2014-11-November FinalBoss Sprite Contest 2nd Place Winner A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. 2018-06 Sprite Contest First Place
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 06, 2015, 07:23:52 PM »
I think it's funny that that Seep fellow actually linked to this thread.

I think it's safe to say word is definitely getting around what Ericard's done. The fact that he's flying off the handle and (falsely) accusing others of the same shit he's pulled himself isn't helping his case, either.

So much like our old friend donlicht, I think it's a fair bet than Ericard's monumental stupidity, coupled with the rightful damning of his reputation, has largely served its purpose. People other than us appear to have begun taking notice, and with that he and his work will eventually fall into obscurity and die down altogether. Obviously there's not much we can do to get Plot's sprite out of his hands, since we can't force him to do anything, but his reputation's been shot by all of this (deservedly so) and sooner or later someone will call him on it whenever he posts something.

And if he does still try and publish the game with Plot's sprite still in it? It's an easy matter of calling up his ISP and getting it taken down for the theft and plagarism, and if you really wanna be technical libel depending on where he posts it.

Ultimately, I don't think there's much more we can do in his case, aside from potentially banning him or whatnot. We've had our rants, with him as well as amongst ourselves, and we've spread word around enough for the information regarding his actions to trickle down through friends of friends of friends.

It's my conclusion that in the long run, Ericard's done for.

I think perhaps it might be best now if we begin to start taking the situation a little more lightly, because while the theft and lies aren't okay at all, there's not much else we can do but sit back and maybe get a laugh or two out of how ridiculous and hypocritical he's acting now. I'm not very fond of infighting, especially when I've been involved in it myself, so with that I think maybe it's time we start to move forward.

He's deserved the bashing he's gotten and then some, but that only accomplishes so much. Perhaps now we should look to the future, and spend our time making bigger and better things, and show him what a great project really looks like, eh?

Trøllabundin eri eg, inn í hjartarót.

Offline Koutei

• Uboaaa!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • The Japanese People
  • Awards Lurker: Spies on from afar, rarely interacting with the general populace.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2015, 07:40:49 PM »
He's ADMIN in Castlevainia Fanon Wiki now.

http://castlevaniafanon.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WikiActivity
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 07:55:04 PM by Koutei »
I'm on hiatus now.

Offline Belmontoya

• Composer/ Voice Actor
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-09-Sprite Contest 3rd Place
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2015, 08:32:17 PM »
It's the internet. All this punk has to do is change his name on forums.

The real lesson here is to protect your artwork. Especially if it's artwork in a style you didn't create, like mock nes or mock SOTN.

Countless people make fan games with ripped graphics in those styles. Some of them have honor, but others are like hungry wolves. Propreitary art styles are innately more immune to this sort of theft.

If you're going to post artwork without some sort of protection then you may as well be leaving your car doors unlocked and your wallet on the bar as you get smashed. It's the same carelessness. We'd like to think we live in a world where we can trust people. But...

There are ass holes in the world. If you're concerned about where your artwork could end up, then protect it. Or you may find your quality work making a cameo in a shit pile like plot twist did.

There's really nothing much else to this. This thread is turning into tail chasing.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 08:53:03 PM by Belmontoya »
The worst monsters are human.

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2015, 11:03:11 PM »
ZOBEK

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2015, 11:14:33 PM »
I found Ericard's demand to become an admin, and sent Wikia a message: http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Adoption:Castlevania_Fanon_Wiki

Hopefully his IP will be banned.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2015, 07:18:16 AM »
+2
I think the obvious solution here is watermarking one's work. I may come across as untrusting to others, but unfortunately it's the only proper method of preventing theft. I don't think the burden should be soley on the moderation team or the artist. It's a good opportunity for both parties to compliment each other. The artist can protect his work by watermarking and we could help by, for example, add a disclaimer at the top of the Fan Stuff sub-forum suggesting this should be done to protect one's own content, or ban the person responsible if this person happens to have an account here.

Tags: theplottwist