Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Favorite Band(s)  (Read 6881 times)

Offline Grethor

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
Re: Favorite Band(s)
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2008, 03:01:58 PM »
Sorry I hardly ever post, I don't think i've posted in about a year! But i'd love to contribute to my favourite subject ^^
I love Opeth, they're very dark and epic, almost like Castlevania. They're quite diverse aswell with a wide range of sounds, they made me discover some bands they were infuenced by like King Crimson and Camel.
Led Zeppelin have to be my favourite band of all time though, I had the privelage of seeing them live last year, Jimmy Page is my favouite guitarist of all time.
I'm also a big fan of Kamelot, Epica is a fantastic album, and I love Roy Khan's operatic vocals.
I have a weak spot for alot of '70s stuff , singer songwriters like Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Jackson Browne, and Black Sabbath, also Rush. The 70's looked like a time when creativity was unbridled and artists were discovering all new kinds of music.
I highly recommend a band called Porcupine Tree aswell, they are alot like Pink Floyd and have great sprawling albums which really bend the mind, it's hard to describe them!
  Thanks for letting me self-indulge for a while!

Narcissus

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 08:29:55 PM »
My favourite bands are Cradle of Filth (I prefer backwards from Damnation and a Day, but I can stand Nymphetamine and a couple of songs on Thornography) and Nightwish (from Oceanborn to Once)  Other faves include Moi Dix Mois, Theatres des Vampires, Eisbrecher, Dimmu Borgir and Rammstein (though not as much these days)
I also like a lot of pop, and I'm not afraid or ashamed to admit that I like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, the Pussycat Dolls and Gwen Stefani.  There are two sides to my music taste I guess :P

Jayster

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 10:25:56 PM »
Favorites of mine are Muse, Radiohead, Queen, ACDC, & JET. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch, but those are some off the top of my head.

Tags:

anything