Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: FFXII rules all.  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
FFXII rules all.
« on: January 29, 2009, 02:45:43 PM »
yup it definitely is the best since I still replay it since it came out.  the 2nd more un FF is FF8 but with FF12 that's the only FF I enjoy playing again.  :)  peopel criticize it but I really care about the characters and world and everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQX8ZIu85OU&feature=related

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
Re: FFXII rules all.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 06:12:14 PM »
Vaan is a tranny. (/Blatant trolling)
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 12:35:12 AM »
I do love me some FF XII! Although Balthier gets too much attention, Basch is really where it's at!

Probably my new favorite FF since it came out. Plus, the Judge Magistrate rules, most importantly Judge Gabranth!
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 02:19:01 AM »
I do like FFXII, but the characters battle system and status growth is to weak and reminds me of older FF games. Most of the times in a battle, your basic character is healing the other characters, specially at boss battles, something that i don't like. Judge Magistrate is awesome. I have my characters at lv60 and their equipment one level down from the best in the game and they still are very weak. But that's just me.

My favorite FF games are FFVIII and FFX.
Ruler of Chaos

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 06:40:53 AM »
I love Hitoshi Sakimoto's orchestral pieces, and I love the character designs... but I don't like the MMO-style Gambit system (I didn't like it with real people in FFXI, and I don't like it with my own party in FFXII).

Very pretty game, though.

I have Vaan and Penelo in FFTactics Advance, though.  Them and Al-Cid.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Saner

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »
Gambits are optional, and I really like using them sometimes, it's really the ultimate a.i. customizer in an rpg.. I
like controlling one manually and leave the gambits manage the rest (of course with my own custom gambits for them).

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »
Never really got into the latter games of the series. I've played FF1 through six and enjoyed them all eventhough I've not finished FF III or FF V yet. FF VII I never really got into. might be due to the character's being too blocky eventhough everything else was superb. I tried FF VIII but the system they were using was just too much and that killed it for me even before finishing the first dungeon. FF XI was much better experience. They went back to the old system and that's what drew me into the game. I have yet to try FF's X, XI and XII. Since I have a PS3 I just might try FF XIII when it comes out. But for now I'm playing Dragon Quest IV For the DS.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Battler Ushiromiya

• The Detective
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Better than Phoenix Wright.
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 07:35:11 PM »
In Reply To #6

Now that ya mentioned it, Vaan DID seem more masculine in FFTA2 than he did in FFXII... Musta been the outfit.
_______________________________________ ___________

Magically immune, and loving it!

Offline RichterX

• The might of Legend
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 09:23:19 PM »
Well guys prepare to be raged because I thought FFXII was by far the WORST Final Fantasy I have ever played, the story was so god awful and predictable and no character development AT ALL. The gambits were useless because if you actually used them you didn't even have to play the game! Yes the battle system was good and the music was alright but man it wasn't worth the wait it had.

Holy Cross is best Item Crash.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 09:45:35 PM »
All Final Fantasy games suck. The only good one was FFVII. I got to the part where that one hooker gets stabbed by Sephiroth, I then started laughing manically, and proceeded to shut the game off forever.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline A n t r a x x

• ~ GamersMark EIC ~
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 09:48:46 PM »
Still playing it, myself.

"Observe their fates and learn well."

Offline Bloodreign

• Old school and nothing but old school
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • The Best
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 10:47:28 PM »
In Reply To #10

Thanks for your contribution to this thread, really informative, and completely unrelated to the topic offhand.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 01:11:43 AM »
I do love me some FF XII! Although Balthier gets too much attention, Basch is really where it's at!

Both of those characters were my favorites of the game.

I loved FFXII. I know the gambit system was really a love-it-or-hate-it thing, but I really enjoyed it. This is actually my favorite FF game to date.

The only thing I didn't like was the whole Zodiac Spear thing. I hated how you had to know which chests you couldn't open (being punished for exploration? Really?), and if you didn't, the odds of a drop were crazy, and not even worth trying for at that point.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Rugal

• I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Master Hunter
  • I SHALL DEVOUR
  • Awards A master of sarcasm whose words often drip with satire and cynicism. Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 07:51:15 AM »
In Reply To #12

It was related to Final Fantasy, which this topic is about. I don't find the games to be fun at all. Turn based just does not appease to me, and is boring. The love stories of the newer games also leave me with a bad taste in my mouth.

The only decent FF game is FFXI (The MMORPG), and even then your character attacks once every 10 seconds or so, which makes it dull, and repetative like most every other MMO game.

The Final Fantasy series just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion on it. If you have a good time playing it, good for you.
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow sucks
DmC: Devil may Cry is the equivalent of trailer trash
"badly designed fat left on Lords of Shadow 2's bones."

Offline Raphael Belmont

• Completely New
  • Vampire Hunter
  • whatever!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 05:25:44 AM »
In Reply To #14

That was kinda rude to the people that came to the thread wanting to talk about their love for the FF series...Anyway no feeding this talking.

Actually the FF series is only enjoyable [to me] till the 6th...After that i kinda thought it was a little childish yet i agree with Jorge, its soundtrack has always been a pleasure.

Then again, i'm an old school player so maybe my opinion doesn't count much, and also with all these action games in market RPG's don't have quite the charm they had before.

Drac's army of zombie-trannie-weirdos

:-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Tags: