Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: LET'S STRIKE UP SOME OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION, GRAARGH  (Read 6236 times)

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Swankster's Backloggery
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
LET'S STRIKE UP SOME OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION, GRAARGH
« on: May 24, 2010, 02:18:43 AM »
Whatchoo folks been doin' lately outside of gaming?

Me, I've been shingling the roof of my dad's bakery. It's a pain. :o I ache (well, not much now, but I did for a couple hours after the day's work). Spent six hours Saturday doing it, five hours "today" (though it's technically Monday now), and will probably work all day "tomorrow" (later today). Hoping to get it all of the work finished once the sun rises so I can stop being pestered about it. (In truth, my dad wanted me to help do it late last summer, or maybe it was in the fall. Either way, I put it off for a helluva lotta months.)

It was so humid today, sweat was pouring down my face. Whenever I'd lean forward to grab something, huge droplets would fall down. Had to keep drinking precious, delicious water.

Man, when I got in the house today, what did I do right away? CRAM MY MOUTH WITH KEY LIME PIE JELLY BELLYS AND BANANA LAFFY TAFFYS. Was awesome.

Also been on an old school anime binge, buying whatever I can and viewing online whatever's not available on Blu-ray or DVD (Mad Bull 34, the three Violence Jack OVAs—uncut and subbed).

Oh, and I was reminded how downright fantastic this song is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTw-l1pnads
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:27:15 AM by Abnormal Freak »
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: LET'S STRIKE UP SOME OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION, GRAARGH
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:45:26 AM »
Working on internal and external house renos. Can't step two feet without finding jiprock under my foot.

-X
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Fan of all things Floyd
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:53:14 PM »
I've been working like a dog.  Warmer weather means we're much busier, so most shifts have me going call to call without any downtime, and sometimes without a single break for all 8.5 hrs.  I've been working lots of sidejobs too.  I work as a truancy officer for one of the local highschools, and during bar hours, I work police security at a gas station and sometimes at one of the local Perkins restaurants.  Add in overtime, late calls, and court, and I've put in 65+ hour weeks for the past month and a half or so.  Doesn't leave much free time, but the paychecks are nice.

Summertime also means house projects.  I need to figure out why the fish in my pond keep dying off, and I have to find a decent solution to my algae problem.  I want to build the pond up a bit and reconfigure it a little so it looks more natural.  Right now it's just a fake waterfall stacked on top of some poorly piled rocks.  Pretty ghetto.

I just bought a gorgeous shiny rock (big thanks to those of you who helped by buying from my CV collection).  Just need to take my girfriend's parents out to dinner to ask their permission, and then I'll be popping the question and planning the chicken dinner.

I bought a "new" truck a few months ago, a 2005 Avalanche.  It's black and it's sweet, but I've been wanting a yellow one.  The cheapest I can get a full color change is about $2500.  Probably not the best investment, but I'm thinking about it anyway.  But anywho, in my first two months with the truck I've already cracked the windshield, blown a tire, scratched up the hood, and possibly wrecked the CD player.  Someday I'll have deep pockets and I won't have to worry about these things, right?

Offline VGuyver

• Haunted by Typo's
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Haunted by Typo's
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 01:02:18 AM »
me and a friend had been hanging out, we mostly talked about our old friends from highschool. Then it led into the topic about how one was originally a member of the elks.., but was removed because he ended up a registered sex offender for being a pedo... So how did the rest of your days go fellas?

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 05:06:22 PM »
Just need to take my girfriend's parents out to dinner to ask their permission, and then I'll be popping the question and planning the chicken dinner.

Is that how you guys do it in the US? I've seen it in movies but I didn't think people did that anymore. It's a very nice thing to do though. Shows respect and stuff, something people in general lack today.. Good luck dude!  :D

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »
Working my job. Doing consultation work. Working on my own projects. Alienating those around me. Pissing off people I don't like. General heartless acts, etc. You know, the standard stuff for me.

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
  • Awards ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon. The Pervert: Sneaks in any and all innuendo into threads that he/she can. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 01:13:43 AM »
Gadzooks, I really hurt myself yesterday. Had been shingling, y'know, something my body's not used to (been very inactive for a while), and then went swimming yesterday, AND SWAM MY HEART OUT, no warm-up. Musta torn my muscles doing that, 'cos last night I couldn't get to sleep because my neck, shoulders, arms, and upper back were in so much pain. Had to wait until almost 6 a.m. till I was so exhausted I just fell asleep regardless, though I also softly rubbed my muscles just before then, which I think relieved a lot of the pain.
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Aridale

• Master Hunter
  • =D
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 03:35:40 AM »
heh Im a lil swore too. Mines from tryin to perfect my golf swing playin PGA10 on wii tho lol

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
Is that how you guys do it in the US? I've seen it in movies but I didn't think people did that anymore. It's a very nice thing to do though. Shows respect and stuff, something people in general lack today.. Good luck dude!  :D
Thanks!  Yes, it's still done in the US.  Depending on who you ask, it's not really required anymore, but my family and my girlfriend's family are both very traditional, so it's definitely a good idea.

Offline PFG9000

• No, not the gun
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »
Gadzooks, I really hurt myself yesterday. Had been shingling, y'know, something my body's not used to (been very inactive for a while), and then went swimming yesterday, AND SWAM MY HEART OUT, no warm-up. Musta torn my muscles doing that, 'cos last night I couldn't get to sleep because my neck, shoulders, arms, and upper back were in so much pain. Had to wait until almost 6 a.m. till I was so exhausted I just fell asleep regardless, though I also softly rubbed my muscles just before then, which I think relieved a lot of the pain.
Try out Doans.  It's a type of back/shoulder relief medication that works wonders for me.  Some sort of variant of aspirin, I think.  And stretch next time, you flabby old fart!

Offline Abnormal Freak

• luvz Elizabeth B.
  • Master Hunter
  • Swanktastic
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 06:32:31 PM »
Yes, stretching would be a good idea. :o
Oh yeah, and also:
meat

Soda as well.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 05:30:54 AM »
I've been timing anime and writan fanficshan 8)

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Donvermicelli

• Count of the villa
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards 2015 -  Christmas Award 3rd Place 2015-04- Sprite Contest Bronze 2015-02-Sprite Contest Runner-Up Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 01:32:57 PM »
Been working on projects in general, studying too. Need to get my Japanese straight before I leave for Japan.
Nothing special aside from that.

Offline Gunlord

• Wandering Mendicant
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Meow.
  • Awards Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • My blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 02:17:13 PM »
Nowadays grad school is keeping me king of busy-busy ;_;

Check me out at gunlord500.wordpress.com!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phhCrFZek44

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 07:56:55 PM »
I've been taking all of my Castlevania music, and making GraphicEQ Music videos, and putting them on my Youtube page
WARNING: INCOMING SHAMELESS PLUG:
http://www.youtube.com/TGMagus

I put, so far, over 154 videos.  I also remastered all of the tunes and encoded them with Lame Encoder and Flac Encoder (i'm insane).

I've also been working on my own business venture (freelance 3D Designer for parts and jewelry with CAD), as well as building a new computer system that will accommodate such business.

Socially, I've been dating.  Going out with new girls & stuff.  I went to a barbeque today and met new people, and saw some people I haven't seen in quite a long time (we're talking High School friends).  Fun stuff.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Tags:

anything