Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: The US and the issue with other nations. My take on it.  (Read 2180 times)

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
The US and the issue with other nations. My take on it.
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:23:50 AM »
Honestly I don't believe we should really go to war with Syria, spend all our money rebuilding other struggling nations, or getting way over involved than we should be. For the most part I guess I'm one of those people who agreed with Ron Paul that we should sort out our own country first before getting involved with any other nations. It sucks what is going on over in other nations with war, natural disasters, and starvation but we also have to consider that when terrible things have happened in our own country, we have had to sort them out ourselves. There is an expression. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." I think its great to support by teaching and advising other nations on how to handle their problems rather than to just solve their problems FOR them. Just my opinion though.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:26:54 AM by Johnny »

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Re: The US and the issue with other nations. My take on it.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 11:36:37 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly that the US needs to back down for a few decades and deal with their own issues before trying to help other nations. America had their own civil war and they got through it with no outside help from other nations. Let Syria do the same and let's not interfere. I know we're nothing like on Star Trek, but I've come to feel that every first world country should have some sort of Prime Directive of non-interference. The prime directive is not just a set of rules, it's also a philosophy, and a very correct one. History has show that no-matter how good the intentions are, the potential for disaster is always lurking in the shadows. American interference in other worldly affairs has proven this on numerous occasions.

I think its great to support by teaching and advising other nations on how to handle their problems rather than to just solve their problems FOR them.

This will work only so long as America caters to the country's set of laws and ideologies. American laws don't work anywhere else in the world except America, and even then with those laws America is really messed up right now.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Johnny

• Hidden Character
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Change is inevitable.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Other (?)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »
I agree wholeheartedly that the US needs to back down for a few decades and deal with their own issues before trying to help other nations. America had their own civil war and they got through it with no outside help from other nations. Let Syria do the same and let's not interfere. I know we're nothing like on Star Trek, but I've come to feel that every first world country should have some sort of Prime Directive of non-interference. The prime directive is not just a set of rules, it's also a philosophy, and a very correct one. History has show that no-matter how good the intentions are, the potential for disaster is always lurking in the shadows. American interference in other worldly affairs has proven this on numerous occasions.

This will work only so long as America caters to the country's set of laws and ideologies. American laws don't work anywhere else in the world except America, and even then with those laws America is really messed up right now.

I see your point. Might not be such a good idea to advise them. Especially with some of the bills we have seen like SOPA/PIPA and CISPA which have gotten shot down. We also have the ever so popular Patriot Act. It seems like in the US, finding a way to circumvent the 4th Amendment seems much more important than putting putting people back to work and fixing the economy.

Offline X

• Xenocide
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:51:07 AM »
Well what can any of us say. For them it's about establishing their beloved New World Order. And they will hurt their own people just to see it through.
"Spirituality is God's gift to humanity...
Religion is Man's flawed interpretation of Spirituality given back to humanity..."

Offline Beaumont_Belmont

• Vampire Hunter
    • Haunted Pixels
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 02:45:12 PM »
I support non-interference, but it seems to me that image-wise, you're damned no matter what you do. You interdict into someone else's conflict you're a bully and an imperialist. If you don't interfere, you're heartless or not doing enough. No matter what you do, someone will move the goalposts and claim you did the wrong thing. There are times when interference is necessary (like WWII). But really, I believe it's best to let nations sort their own problems out.

He's back! The man behind the mask!

Offline TheouAegis

• Amateur Auteur of GMvania
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • GMvania Developer's Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »
Anyone remember when the US didn't care if the rest of the world thought well of them, simply rather that the rest of the world respected them? Back then, we could kill everyone that wasn't in the US with the push of a button. Then Russia said they could do that too. Suddenly the US was a nation of pussies run by pussies. The US owes the rest of the world nothing. If the rest of the world wants the US to police it, if the rest of the world wants the US to be charitable, if the rest of the world wants the US to be a benevolent governing nation,

THEN THE REST OF THE WORLD CAN PAY OUR DAMN TAXES FOR US!
Your mom has had more floppies put in her than a Commodore 64!

Follow my lack of progress on my game at my blog:
http://gmvania.blogspot.com

Tags: