Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!  (Read 97116 times)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« on: August 02, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »
Well since it's Castlevania related and Konami will be actively involved at a gamescom event:

Wednesday, August 17 at 9:00am - August 21 at 6:00pm
Konami Booth B31 in Hall 7.1 – gamescom 2011, Cologne, Germany

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=172191792852983

It looks like Castlevania HD might release on PSN a little later than expected (but still this season!  In Japan, Summer lasts until August and Autumn starts in Sept., so it might still be released like the last week of August, or perhaps delayed a few extra weeks.)  and who knows what surprises they might have at Gamescom as well, might be 1999 related.    ;D

Since Konami would invest in presenting Castlevania HD at gamescom, that might be first glimpse of the local co-op mode, and maybe help boost promoting Castlevania HD further before release (and maybe some Castlevania sneak peek.)   Also it's possible interviews might leak new info about future plans.   :)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
Re: Konami will be at Gamescom 2011 with Castlevania!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 10:20:46 AM »
I really hope they'll do something! :)

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards Will make a staunch stand on one subject and never, ever budge. The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »
I really hope they'll do something! :)

I wonder who's planning to go to interview them!  They could get more information!   ;D

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:35:24 AM »
Fuck Harmony of Despair, that game has no soul.

Just give us a canon game with brand new content/ideas, doesn't matter the system KONAMI. Along with some Konamistyle swag, like the old days.

Hopefully IGA's gag order has been lifted by now..

Offline kru3ger

• Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 10:39:40 AM »
Hoping for some news on a sequel to LoS

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 10:47:20 AM »
Fingers crossed for special HoD anniversary edition.  :) 

Offline affinity

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 10:49:01 AM »
Fuck Harmony of Despair, that game has no soul.

It most certainly has a soul.    People carve their own fun and adventure out of it.  People have clocked 100+ more hours into it than the story driven Castlevanias, and Castlevanias are primarily about the gameplay, which Harmony of Despairs shines more in that area, which a lot more diversity, cooperation and ways to play, even outside of collecting items, like the classic Castlevanias, it's fun to play through in different ways and different stage order. :)

Stories that hold your hand can be interesting, but they are not the only way to have fun and find purpose with Castlevania.     
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:51:12 AM by affinity »

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 10:59:58 AM »
Mmh, I may try to go there with friends of mine... It's kinda far but heh, it'd be cool.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 11:03:57 AM »
Arguing with affinity is like arguing with a rabid Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts fan. I can't take anything you say seriously anymore.

Konami, if youre reading this, Harmony of Despair is NOT what the fans want despite what this kid affinity says. Give us a game with polish, with effort, something that's worth the money we spend on it.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 11:11:15 AM »
It most certainly has a soul.    People carve their own fun and adventure out of it.  People have clocked 100+ more hours into it than the story driven Castlevanias, and Castlevanias are primarily about the gameplay, which Harmony of Despairs shines more in that area, which a lot more diversity, cooperation and ways to play, even outside of collecting items, like the classic Castlevanias, it's fun to play through in different ways and different stage order. :)

Stories that hold your hand can be interesting, but they are not the only way to have fun and find purpose with Castlevania.   

The funny part is none of that proves HD has a soul.

Offline Deko21

• Jack of all trades, master of none
  • Vampire Hunter
  • The world is corrupt
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 11:17:48 AM »
I wouldn't mind if they did showcase HD, though it'd be nice if they showcased a new game.
Specially if its related to the anniversary.

Konami, if youre reading this, Harmony of Despair is NOT what the fans want despite what this kid affinity says. Give us a game with polish, with effort, something that's worth the money we spend on it.

let's not go down the sonic fanbase route, even though you are right.
"I may not be able to use the whip, but i can still kick your ass!" -Jonathan Morris

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 11:19:22 AM »
Arguing with affinity is like arguing with a rabid Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts fan. I can't take anything you say seriously anymore.

I agree. :)

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 12:35:36 PM »
Gamescon is the best place where they can announce a LoS sequel (if it's still developed by Mercury Steam, of course).

Offline cecil-kain

• Lord and Host
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Operation Akumajo
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 01:36:34 PM »
I remember way back when Konami was showcasing Judgement and there was a trailer for this thing called "Lords of Shadow"  Supposedly, LoS wasn't announced as a Castlevania game at that time to avoid stealing Judgement's thunder.  In this case, I suspect something may be announced, but nothing more will be shown.

Offline KaZudra

• Master Hunter
  • Awards 2016-04-Story Contest - 2nd Place Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 02:12:06 PM »
Wow, it seems to me some people think that Konami is Capcom,
I seriously doubt HD PS3 is gonna get anything bigger than a playtest area like in e3 Unless there will be new content other than local play.
There is a good chance of a LoS teaser or announcement
There is also a god chance of a reveal or announcement of thier Anniversary Project, and NO it won't be LoS based since LoS wasn't 25 years ago.
Konami won't treat HD big because its the same game with one new feature, if we're lucky we might get a Vita Port.
This isn't Super Street Fighter Arcade Edition Ver.2012, its Castlevania

"I ain't gonna let it get to me I'm just gonna let it get to me" -Knuckles

Tags:

anything