Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406218 times)

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I wonder if they are going to follow the ending of LoS1 in any of the games.
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Sounds very plausible. So it seems that rumor about Trevor and Alucard showing up is false too. I'm glad about that since I wasn't really looking forward to those characters being reimagined.

Hah, I wonder if this Simon = Dracula's son thing is going to have the same backlash as Sonia's baby being Dracula's grandchild.

dont count anything out quite yet, considering there are allegedly 2 games in the works we can have all kinds of things blow our pretty little minds. Only a a week left to find out.

-Edit- also, funny little sidenote. They took out the Clos2 text in the web pages source code. now its all The Dragon Returns.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:00:21 AM by Ring_of_Varda »
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards

It would be a very good idea for them to combine the character of Simon and Alucard, though. That would seem a bit less convulted to me and allows for complete focus on the Belmont family. Something that would make a lot of people happy I'd imagine. 

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Sounds like Simon is either "Alucard" or a Dhampir.

If the Trevor rumors are true, perhaps the hooded man who dropped off baby Simon was Trevor after the events of MoF.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:00:49 AM by OSM »

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
So who the heck did Gabey get laid with in the first place?
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
What if Maria had a baby and she never got the chance to tell Gabriel because he was possessed to kill her?

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I wouldn't have a problem with the Simon/Alucard mixing process but when I think of Alucard I think of a vampiric looking guy with a sword, shield, and vampire like powers.

I'm cool with a whip but I hope there's more variety in this, if the above is true.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
If Trevor and Alucard being there was just a rumour, what makes this more plausible?

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
If the Trevor rumors are true, perhaps the hooded man who dropped off baby Simon was Trevor after the events of MoF.

It was Zobek, actually.

I also noted a little reference: LoS Simon is 24 years old, and IGA Simon was 24 during NES Castlevania/Chronicles.   
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:06:17 AM by Nagumo »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
....WHAAAAAAAT

Then, who the heck is in Mirror of Fate?

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
If Trevor and Alucard being there was just a rumour, what makes this more plausible?

Technically on the site they said it was a Trevor and Simon combo for the 3ds game.

It makes you wonder though.....Is that wolf picture actually for Los2 and it's simon's wolf form?....hmmm
Or maybe the first rumor is true and alucard is playable in the sidescrolling adventure.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

The equivalent of "The Poltergeist King" in the old canon.....?

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
IGA.

The equivalent of "The Poltergeist King" in the old canon.....?
Actually, rather Death.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
It makes you wonder though.....Is that wolf picture actually for Los2 and it's simon's wolf form?
That's what I'm thinking now.

Damn the more rumors we get the crazier this new canon sounds.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
What if Maria had a baby and she never got the chance to tell Gabriel because he was possessed to kill her?
From the rumored trailer description it was implied that Simon was conceived sometime after Gabriel became Dracul/a, so I don't think that's true.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:14:24 AM by VladCT »
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.