Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406094 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Simon=Simon, Alucard=Alucard. Putting them together would actually be something I would be very against. With ya on this one OSM

Especially because they were both very different, it would be doing both a great disservice by not just making them separate characters.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Especially because they were both very different, it would be doing both a great disservice by not just making them separate characters.

True. Just out of question has anyone played rayman orgins for the 3ds?
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

>Final boss is Dracula
>More than 1/5 of the game takes place in a castle

man, i dont think i have had this much fun with rumor or speculation since Portrait.
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

>Final boss is Dracula

man, i dont think i have had this much fun with rumor or speculation since Portrait.
Those weren't rumors, that was just someone hoping for all of that.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

What I've come to learn from Mercurysteam's take on Castlevania is that "if a Belmont can end up being Dracula, then anything can happen, nothing is impossible and if you think it's a bad idea, they'll use it."

I fully expect Simon to become know as "Alucard" after it's all said and done.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards

>Final boss is Dracula

If this is all true nobody, and I mean nobody should wine about this, if they do belmont help them.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
Those weren't rumors, that was just someone hoping for all of that.

you could very well be right, i was just commenting on it because it was posted in the same manner as the OP

there was no references in it other than those sentences. I took it as the same poster because of this one.

"Suit yourself. Got me hyped.

>dat castle
>dat Simon Belmont
>dat Slogra and Gaibon
>dat symphonic Vampire Killer"
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards

"The Dragon Returns."

The Son of the Dragon returning to his birth place.

The whole subtitle is about Simon, not Dracula.

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards

"The Dragon Returns."

The Son of the Dragon returning to his birth place.

The whole subtitle is about Simon, not Dracula.
Damn, beat me to it, lol! Though now I wonder...where does (if he does) Trevor fit in?

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
Damn, beat me to it, lol! Though now I wonder...where does (if he does) Trevor fit in?

What if there is no Trevor at all.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

The original "leaker" never specifically told me that Simon was playable in Mirror of Fate, he only mentioned that Trevor and Simon were father and son. Later leaks said both Belmonts would be playable, but I don't believe that. I think what may have happened is that people got both games mixed up because they're supposed to share marketing, and that also could mean that a WiiU version of The Dragon Returns does indeed exist.

Why else would Simon possibly be on the cover of Nintendo Power?

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
My two cents: I don't agree with the idea of Alusimon. As you've said, they are too different, there's no way around that.
A more elegant solution IMO would be that Alucard and Simon are twins separated by the kind of magic that created the LoS, with gabriel keeping Alucard (Adrian?) and Zobek keeping Simon (Silent Hill anyone?) It's not ideal, but a little more appropiate.

Right now I'm more worried about Trevor. I want him NOW hahah.

Oh, and if you ask me, I DON'T believe that trailer description. Too many Deus Ex Machinas.

Still, this week will be AGONY :P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:38:07 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Wallachia

• hath risen
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Ready to read a RUMOR trailer description that will blow your mind??

SPOILERS--

Starts with a hooded man holding a baby and walking through the rain. He looks around and leaves it on the doorstep of a small house, then leaves. Next to it he leaves an object wrapped in cloth.

Continues with "24 years later..." with a moon and a wolf howling and pans down to show the village in the pitch dark. Cuts between shots of frightened villagers hiding in their houses while orc-like creatures creep around.

Voice over starts with a guy talking about how a darkness stalks the land or something dramatic like that, and then shows a guy bounding around the houses in the darkness. A blonde villager emerges from the shadows and creeps around in a stable, watching the creatures. He knocks something over, and one of them breaks off to investigate. Blonde dude in the stable looks at the thing he knocked over and picks it up. It's a whip.

He leaps out of the stable and charges at the creature, tackles it then breaks its neck, but not before it shrieks and calls out to the other three or four. He gets grazed by an arrow and nearly chopped up by the other, but takes them out by tripping the archer with a whip and throwing a knife at another. Cuts up the others with a dagger and then sits there with their blood all over him. After a while some villagers emerge from their houses and look on. A woman emerges from the house the baby was left at, and they nod to each other. He drops the whip and walks to his home, while some other villagers close in on the bodies with torches.

Voice over continues, talking about how these attacks happen every night and only get worse. He feels that they're searching for something, maybe him. Proceeds to show the woman walking through the forest in the daytime with her hood up, and takes out an object wrapped in cloth beneath some rocks in some tree roots. She unwraps it and flips through a tome. It shows images of the Lords of Shadow from the previous game, Gabriel destroying the whip, and on the last page a child with the text "Simon Belmont -- Son of the Dragon." She flips past that and in the back of the book is a recess with a whip, beneath which is written "Vampire Killer." She says "The time has come," closes the book, and leaves.

Finally cuts to a bunch of gameplay shots. Simon fighting in the forest, a cave, Slogra and Gaibon in a cathedral, then shows him standing in front of the doors from the OP pic with the whip drawn, in a style reminiscent of the first Castlevania artwork. Symphony Vampire Killer music starts up and shows Gabriel/Dracula on a throne, waking up, then zooms into his eye and says "CASTLEVANIA -- THE DRAGON RETURNS -- 2013.

"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better" - Albert Einstein

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Darn, I thought it would be a different rumoured trailer. That's the same thing Ring_of_Varda posted on page 13.  ;)
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Two pages late, man, :P but thank you, join our discussion!

Everything comes full circle