Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406173 times)

Offline Kamirine

• Welcome to Fright Night.
  • Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:58:46 AM by Kamirine »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
Chai and Ava beat me to it don't you hate it when that happens?  :rollseyes:
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
Chai and Ava beat me to it don't you hate it when that happens?  :rollseyes:

That's what happens when you have a hoard of people hitting the refresh button every 30 seconds to see new posts. Hehe. I really should be getting back to work.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 09:57:56 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
That's what happens when you have a hoard of people hitting the refresh button every 30 seconds to see new posts. Hehe.

I know I do this  ;D

For some reason I was watching this and I wondered a cv tralier should be like this.

Onimusha 2 Opening

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Perhaps Simon's revelation could be like this canon's curse that Dracula put on Simon and Wallachia at the end of Castlevania 1, and then he finds a way to rid himself of his "curse," being "Alucard."

It would be just like putting Castlevania 1 and Simon's Quest plotline in the same game.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I think we are putting too much stock in something occuring like what made the LoS.

what if Gabe raises Alucard but Zobek steals away Simon? then you can have a CV3 like moment where you are initiallu enemies, but later Alucard sees that Simon is right in his quest.

OR, if we go with trevor alucard, it works even better
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Oh, and if you ask me, I DON'T believe that trailer description. Too many Deus Ex Machinas.

And LoS was known for its glorious well written plot? It's totally believable.

Offline Vampire Killer

• HOLY CROSS, Batman!
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Now, about dat trailer description...if true, I'm stoked. Thus far, it sounds like perhaps Maria and Gabe did indeed have a child before she died. Granted, it's odd that Gabe never mentioned it, but then who's to say he was a good father. Perhaps he just figured that even if he didn't complete his quest, the Brotherhood would raise him. Whatever the case, I don't believe that Simon is half vampire, but it's possible that he may become one by the end of the game.
Behold my true form......IS A CHAIR!!!

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
And LoS was known for its glorious well written plot? It's totally believable.

This.

Also I hope they stick better to source material. I didnt liked the "Cox-Michael Bay-like" interpretation for Cornell, Lord Olrox, Brauner or even the Frankenstein monster. (an spider robot with a baby head??)

If they are doing fan service,pleasedo it well.
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The leak guy supposedly Debunked the trailer description on 4chan
So yeah!

Everything comes full circle

Offline MKKhanzo

• Vampire Hunter
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards

Now, about dat trailer description...if true, I'm stoked. Thus far, it sounds like perhaps Maria and Gabe did indeed have a child before she died. Granted, it's odd that Gabe never mentioned it, but then who's to say he was a good father. Perhaps he just figured that even if he didn't complete his quest, the Brotherhood would raise him. Whatever the case, I don't believe that Simon is half vampire, but it's possible that he may become one by the end of the game.

IMO Simon should NOT be a Vampire.
(click to show/hide)
I guess that all IGA haters are rejoicing now. Have fun with your fancy Belmont Dracula and rat stealth.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I liked the Mechanical Monstrosity. I felt it definitely fit the bill as well, a mechanical monstrosity.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
So yeah!
I was just about to post about that.

I'm just going to assume we don't know shit about both games, this is getting annoying. He also said Nintendo Power should be out now with the real info, but I don't know if I believe that either.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

I'm just going to assume we don't know shit about both games, this is getting annoying. He also said Nintendo Power should be out now with the real info, but I don't know if I believe that either.

It's gonna be about Metro the last light anyway if the hint is anything to go by, saying it's a cover for the generations and not missing out or rue your fate, comrad.

Wait a minute......

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
So yeah!
I hope the leak guy is correct. The trailer description sounds less than stellar than the rumors about Trevor, Simon and Alucard all as separate entities. I'd totally prefer seeing those three over Simon = Alucard + no Trevor. Especially with the description of orc-like creatures roaming the town. WTF, the eldritch Euro fantasy should end with LoS. Time to move into the gothic horror, full throttle. Leave the Tolkien/D&D inspirations to RPGs.