Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406189 times)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I don't know about that. It's more along the lines of what Legends did more than LoI, and a lot of people didn't care for the whole "Grandaddy Dracula and Grandson Trevor" thing. With LoI, at the least, Belmonts and Dracula(Mathias) were not related by blood. They were just good friends. It's easier to swallow(to some) that Dracula was once a friend/ally to the Belmonts in the past than a blood relative, and that the eternal struggle(not literal, but poetic) originated from the betrayal of a comrade in arms, which gave rise to a family's feud against the Dark Lord. Of course, others just don't like the idea of Belmonts carrying Dracula's blood. It, to them, diminishes the original strength of the Belmonts by giving a reason why they are superhumanly strong. It's not that they are just "prime hunters of evil" that are humanity's greatest hope(badass holy warriors that are at their physical peak, and they are able to take on the forces of darkness BECAUSE they train their asses off), but becaue they have Dracula's blood coursing through their veins.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
This is actually closer to Castlevania Legends than Lament, Where Alucard bangs Sonia Belmont and therefore Trevor is Dracula's grandson.

But ooooh noooo, the game was removed from canon not because of that really convoluted linking, but because IGA is totally sexist.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
This is actually closer to Castlevania Legends than Lament, Where Alucard bangs Sonia Belmont and therefore Trevor is Dracula's grandson.

But ooooh noooo, the game was removed from canon not because of that really convoluted linking, but because IGA is totally sexist.
A sexist creates Shanoa... he canned Legends because it's history is fucking RETARDED, that's why.

Offline Foffy

• Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
Is it really stated anywhere directly in Legends that Sonia and Alucard bear a child?

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Ok is this crap about Simon or whoever being a vampire a real thing or just some rumor? I'll be pretty upset if he's a vampire, in fact someone might die. Just sayin.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Ok is this crap about Simon or whoever being a vampire a real thing or just some rumor? I'll be pretty upset if he's a vampire, in fact someone might die. Just sayin.

It's been debunked.

But I wouldn't be surprised if it was real.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
Thank goodness! Moreover, here's to hoping it doesn't happen.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
To be more specific, only the trailer's been debunked. It's still possible that the Simon is Gabe's son thing is kept as a Shyamalan twist.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Kale

• The Ophidian Lord
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm confused.... (didn't read the whole thread)

Dracula means Son of the Dragon...... So wouldn't it be The Son of the Dragon returns?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
Like I said before, the son of a dragon is still a dragon, just like the son of an ogre is still an ogre.  ;D

I hope "The Dragon Returns" is merely just a title to anticipate the revealing of the game. If the subtitle to the game was "The Dragon Returns", that would be ultra cheesy. I can't think of any title(especially movies) that use "Return" and sound anything BUT cheesy. "Return to the Blue Lagoon", "Batman Returns", "Superman Returns", Halloween 4: Return of Michael Myers", "Return of the Living Dead", "return" is just a hokey word to use in a title of something.

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Son of the Dragon = Dracula (Vlad III, aka, Vlad 'Tepes', [Impaler])
Dragon = Dracul (Vlad II)

(from the actual Vlad Dracula III real-world events)
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
A sexist creates Shanoa... he canned Legends because it's history is fucking RETARDED, that's why.
s'called sarcasm. Of course it was canned because of the way they linked the two families. But there are people who insist that it was because IGA hates women, and ignore whatever actual reasons there were.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
To his defense, written sarcasm is somewhat harder to detect.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
s'called sarcasm. Of course it was canned because of the way they linked the two families. But there are people who insist that it was because IGA hates women, and ignore whatever actual reasons there were.
Yup, kind of hard to detect your sarcasm there.

On the other forum, that I'm admin, we use an specific emoticon when we want to be sarcastic. Use this one here:  :rollseyes:

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
    • Awards
Like I said before, the son of a dragon is still a dragon, just like the son of an ogre is still an ogre.  ;D

I hope "The Dragon Returns" is merely just a title to anticipate the revealing of the game. If the subtitle to the game was "The Dragon Returns", that would be ultra cheesy. I can't think of any title(especially movies) that use "Return" and sound anything BUT cheesy. "Return to the Blue Lagoon", "Batman Returns", "Superman Returns", Halloween 4: Return of Michael Myers", "Return of the Living Dead", "return" is just a hokey word to use in a title of something.

Return of the Jedi, Return of the King? Really?

Edit: Return of Samus. Awesome game
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 08:21:10 PM by Profbeanburrito »
What a horrible night to have a curse!

anything