Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406288 times)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
But what if LoS is canon actually? Its only 47 years before LoI (1047-1094), plenty of time for:

*Rinaldo (who we never see in LoI so we dont know how old is he) age and went emo-hermit on the forest

*Gabe leave a son before killing Marie and that son is the father of Leon

*Gabe/Dracula body ascends / descends or wathever and his evil spirit/escense "enters" in Mathias body (as he wanted to do with Maxim in HoD and Soma in AoS/DoS)

*Combat Cross made by Rinaldo gets destroyed and then he wants to make the perfect "vampire Killer" weapon (no pun)

Somehow for ME it fits. And all the reimaginig chars and enemies, well we have seen that in all the saga.
Mathias Cronqvist is a completely different person. Born into nobility and serving the church as a tactician. His wife dies and he blames god and goes all Gary Oldman on his ass, vowing to defy limited life, thus screwing his friend over to become a vampire.

Gabe is this universes Dracula.

dont forget Zobek, who appears in modern times, where Gabe Dracula is STILL AROUND, hiding in a cathedral.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Alucard Belmont still sounds so cheesy man it's gonna be hard to get over that fumble. There's so many different ways they could do it, please let it not be that

I recall several months ago, Cox tweeted something in response to a question he was asked, saying "Gabriel is indeed the first Belmont.. and the last." he wouldn't elaborate more (of course)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Alucard Belmont still sounds so cheesy man it's gonna be hard to get over that fumble. There's so many different ways they could do it, please let it not be that

I recall several months ago, Cox tweeted something in response to a question he was asked, saying "Gabriel is indeed the first Belmont.. and the last." he wouldn't elaborate more (of course)

Well of course he's the last. He's a vampire he lives forever!

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Ehm no, I asked that question and he said Gabriel was the first Belmont but NOT the last.

Edit: Remember, trolling/offensive post = -1, disagreable/unpopular opinion =/= -1
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:14:23 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
not sure if trolling... or genuinely mistaken...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I don't think we're going to see the Nintendo Power cover today. Maybe tomorrow?

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Does anyone here even have a subscription?...It won't matter unless we know someone that does so they can tell us/show us!

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
not sure if trolling... or genuinely mistaken...

I can vouch for Crisis here. Cox did say exactly that....

http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
how is it trolling by saying what i saw Cox tweet? derp

i mean i am a trollmeister, but i'm much more obvious when i ogre people  ;)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
Does anyone here even have a subscription?...It won't matter unless we know someone that does so they can tell us/show us!
I heard on neogaf thar the cover preview never has a certain date. Last month was a saturday :P
The Magazine most probably is out the E3 week

@Flying. no he didin't :P Search his tweets

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I think the new issue was never going to be released this week, but rather next week where pretty much everyone is going to blow their pre E3 loads and debut something new before the show starts. Releasing them this week would have spoiled the surprise's in store.

So next week is a very safe bet. (honestly I think the cover is something else entirely like Metro the last light but I want to be wrong)

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I can vouch for Crisis here. Cox did say exactly that....
I'm pretty sure he didnt...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 09:55:42 AM by Flame »

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

For some reason I am thinking he did. It is itching me at the back of my head, ut that was a while ago it felt more like a trick question.

(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

18 Jan 11
CastlevaniaLOS @InDisChris - He is the first Belmont....and the last...but that is another story...

--------
There, he did. Look for his tweet on January 18 2011 if you want to see for yourself.
Now WHAT??  :P

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 10:19:45 AM by flyingchai »
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
    • Awards
I know what I read, and I'm pretty sure he said that or something very similar to that. BUT NOT LIKE IT MATTERS NOW

edit: thanks flyingchai  ;) I knew I wasn't mistaken.+1 for you, sir