Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406072 times)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Unless someone DOES eventually come around and put an end to him, though if Cox IS right(and he didn't just give the answer without talking to Alvarez, nor is 100% sure of how they want the reboot series to pan out), maybe Alucard will be the one to put Gabriel to rest.

Well to be fair they obviously talked about where the series will go, because that extra scene at the end of the game was meant to be a..... if this game fails this is where we would have taken the series.

So I'm assuming they discussed the basic outline of how everything would end up in the end.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

I knocked the door and then i heard a sexy voice says come back after 5 days hun ... and then i left

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
I don't think they know what they want. Maybe Alvarez has a better idea than Cox. I just think they have the beginning and they have the set up for the end, and plan on filling in the middle. But, because they are ONE team, they can stick to that goal easier than, say, it being handed off to multiple studios/teams(like the original) ideas entering the fold that jinx up the continuity a bit. It's the whole "too many chefs in the kitchen" deal.

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
Well, I guess we're just going to have wait 5 more days. I don't think anything will leak before then. Not much longer now.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It's been two years since anything new related to Castlevania came out, waiting for five days will be no problem.

Offline uzo

• Now then...
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud. The Music Fanatic: Listens to a large collection of music, posts lyrics, etc.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I recall several months ago, Cox tweeted something in response to a question he was asked, saying "Gabriel is indeed the first Belmont.. and the last." he wouldn't elaborate more (of course)

I actually recall this as well. But if you think about it, it doesn't necessarily mean there are none in the middle, but that he is likely the last surviving Belmont, you know, since he lives all the way to modern times.

Offline Dengo vlad tepes

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Hack Master makes creations out of CV parts. (S)he makes Dr. Frankenstein proud.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

Bloody Tears: Super Castlevania 4 Music

it never gets old !

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards

Gabriel Belmont---->First Belmont---->First Belmont turns into Dracula----->Dracula is immortal = ...Last Belmont. ( especially if he changes his ways near the end of the series ans becomes good again

So there's no real lie here unless you are just trolling or hate David Cox for whatever reasons...

Unless it turns out he meant what he said. At this point and because he has a record of saying things that aren't quite true, it could be either.

Storywise, it might take a story ass pull to explain why life h8r Gabricula would spawn someone to share the misery of vampire life. If he really did have a kid with that wife before he killed her, it's gonna take another pull.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Alucard Belmont still sounds so cheesy man it's gonna be hard to get over that fumble. There's so many different ways they could do it, please let it not be that

So there's good speculation that Simon is the hero in this game right? Well, what if Alucard (Adrian) and Simon are not the same guy, but are brothers instead? Simon does his thing in this new game and it's revealed at the end that he has an evil brother...maybe an evil twin (Doppelganger style?) That could be good fodder for a 3rd game...
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
What if one kid came out Vampire and the other didnt.

The vampire one is Alucard the other is Simon. Or whatever Belmont the next one after Gabe is.

Hmm, I wonder- If they ever do Trevor... Would they name him Ralph in Japan? or just keep it Trevor?
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline VladCT

• Dark Lord of Wallachia
  • Master Hunter
  • The night is still young...
  • Awards 2015-01-Sprite Contest Gold Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
Considering that they did the Belmont/Belmondo switch, I'd say it's likely that the Trevor/Ralph switch will also be made.
It is precisely because it never cared, that people do care.  It's something which it's lacking, because that which it has, it has lackluster of.
^^
You are now reading this in Robert Belgrade's voice.

Then Lords of Shadow 2 just takes a big, semi-solid, smelly, pea-green dump all over everything.

Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If he really did have a kid with that wife before he killed her, it's gonna take another pull.

One way I could see being acceptable would be if he had a lover (and child) he abandoned before he met Marie. It could also add to him not being who we originally thought he was, I guess. That's the only way I can think of that would make sense for him to have a son who wasn't mentioned at all during Lords of Shadow.
It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline Neobelmont

• Advocate of the future
  • Master Hunter
  • Not going to lie I love blue haired anime chicks
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments.
    • Awards
One way I could see being acceptable would be if he had a lover (and child) he abandoned before he met Marie. It could also add to him not being who we originally thought he was, I guess. That's the only way I can think of that would make sense for him to have a son who wasn't mentioned at all during Lords of Shadow.

Gabriel has done.... Questionable things after all.....
(click to show/hide)
Come on now this was going to happen eventually  :P

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
That's the only way I can think of that would make sense for him to have a son who wasn't mentioned at all during Lords of Shadow.
I wouldn't be surprised if they do actually say Gabe and Marie had a son, but Marie never got to tell Gabe before he killed her, or the Belmonts will be Dhampirs if Gabula got with another woman.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I wouldn't be surprised if they do actually say Gabe and Marie had a son, but Marie never got to tell Gabe before he killed her, or the Belmonts will be Dhampirs if Gabula got with another woman.
The Dhampir Belmont thing would be a boner killer. As it is, the hype was ultra high until the rumored trailer, then it was like "Urgh....no!".  ;D

anything