Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406112 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
There's really no way around the Belmonts being related to Dracula at this point. I'm expecting some disappointment on Thursday.

Offline Little Dracula

• Castlemaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Offline JR

• Home Gym Rat
  • Master Hunter
  • That Star Wars will make a million bucks someday.
  • Awards The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
That article says they wish the sequel would just drop the player right off where the epilogue ended...I disagree. I think it could be cool (assuming this storyline is in it for the long haul) if the sequel had an epilogue that built onto the one from LoS, and each successive game could give us a little more and more of the present day part of the story. Pretty much the same as what Assassin's Creed does, I guess.

They could even incorporate DLC into this, but I hope they use it to bridge other possible gaps in the storyline, too.

It's like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, but instead it's Who Wants Fried Chicken? I do.

Offline The Silverlord

• Vampire Hunter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
I actually quite like the idea of a Belmont being turned and helping his descendents on-the-fly to storm his father’s castle.  Little would the likes of Richter know it’s his old forefather Simon helping him.  It's not out of the question from a storyline perspective, so long as you factor in a more free-thinking or emotional/chaotic neutral type of vampire.  Lords' showed the more savage and primordial kind of vampire (but Carmilla was likely progenitor).

As a shock twist, Zobek might actually be Marie’s father (Gabe’s potential father-in-law), making ole Death and Drac’s confident (old continuity admittedly) Alucard’s granddad.  Possible four generations (Drac, 'castle-stormer', Death, Alu-Simon) in the castle of chaos.  Oh the webs we weave.

Ridiculous, but I'm looking forward to seeing the game play.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
We want to see the equel carry on from here instead of pulling the old bait-and-switch and returning to more comfortable gothic lands.
Um, I dont think ANYONE wants that.
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
So....can we assume this game will have Alucard as the lead?

If rumors are true about the 3ds game ...Alucard=Simon .....and if this is game takes place after the 3DS game logic would conclude we would play as Alucard which would also go well with rumors of the game being nonlinear.

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
I found another link about the imminent news on May 31st. Can't wait for the Dragon Returns.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/castlevania-lords-of-shadow-2-will-be-revealed-on-may-31/

I bought LOS about a month ago and just finished it yesterday (I have a PS3 now, yay.) There are a few origin bashers in the forum but as for me I am cool with the whole origin of the Count and if he has any connection to the Belmonts that is fine. One thing I was curious about this link is why do the refer to the last boss in LOS as the Forgotten One? The Gandolfi connection between LOI and LOS is well known.

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
One thing I was curious about this link is why do the refer to the last boss in LOS as the Forgotten One? The Gandolfi connection between LOI and LOS is well known.

The "true" final stage (DLC) has you fighting the Forgotten One, Reimagined, but still very reminiscent of the LoI Forgotten One in a lot of ways. I thought it was fun. Overpriced, but fun.
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
It was fun watching someone good play it on youtube. The first DLC was better in some parts IMO.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
with both Simon and Alucard apparently appearing in the 3DS game, i have to wonder who they'll pick as the main in this game.  Trevor?  maybe Gabriel will get another go at it using his vampiric abilities?  he's lost his humanity and has uber power, but he hasn't really been given a good reason to go genocidal yet, so maybe there's a playable quest in him yet. 

i have to imagine at some point, they'll want to include a Belnades clan member, even if only as a npc.  i'm almost half expecting them to bring back Sypha as an actual man in a game. 

EDIT:  oh yeah, the rumors say the 3DS game leads up to LOS2, don't they?  so maybe they'll just use Alucard or Simon again after all.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:57:04 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
i'm almost half expecting them to bring back Sypha as an actual man in a game.
DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS

Everything comes full circle

Offline Gecko

• King for 1,000 Years on Occasion Avenue
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
It was fun watching someone good play it on youtube. The first DLC was better in some parts IMO.

Eh, I didn't actually care for the first one much. Too many puzzles. That's also one of my gripes about the game as a whole, but the first DLC is all about them with some combat here and there too. The second one is all about fast-paced action and learning the stage, timing correctly, and learning to fight this new boss that's quite different from anything you've fought in this game yet. It had a great general classic gaming air to it, and that really satisfied me. I thought the climbing buzzsaw maze in the first DLC was cool until moments later when I realized that I would be there a VERY long time. I was.   :(
------------
Return to CastleVania

Offline Omegasigma

• Director
  • Legendary Hunter
  • Awards One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
from the sounds of the modern day thing, it could be MS hint at their version of the 1999 battle, but instead of the belmonts vs dracula, its satan vs dracula, but Id prefer a return to the castle, and more normal castlevania music, and ditch the puzzels, none of the other games had em, thats about it to keep me happy

and to the above, no Sypha needs boobs, well at least pull a samus then and dont find out till the end :p
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:27:09 PM by Omegasigma »
Currently Involved in: Vampire blood Chronicals, Project Goldeneye

Offline Maedhros

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
Eh, I didn't actually care for the first one much. Too many puzzles. That's also one of my gripes about the game as a whole, but the first DLC is all about them with some combat here and there too. The second one is all about fast-paced action and learning the stage, timing correctly, and learning to fight this new boss that's quite different from anything you've fought in this game yet. It had a great general classic gaming air to it, and that really satisfied me. I thought the climbing buzzsaw maze in the first DLC was cool until moments later when I realized that I would be there a VERY long time. I was.   :(
Yeah, I hated that part too. But the second DLC had a lot more, with lava to make it even worse. And the battle wasn't even that good anyway, too many QTEs.

I hate wall shimmering, goddamit, who invented this SHIT. It fucking sucks. That's not platforming, at all. Walking on planks isn't it, too. I hope to see actual platforming on this game, puts Double jump in since start, I don't really care. Just make

Offline Munchy

• Master Hunter
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I bought LOS about a month ago and just finished it yesterday (I have a PS3 now, yay.) There are a few origin bashers in the forum but as for me I am cool with the whole origin of the Count and if he has any connection to the Belmonts that is fine.

For whatever it's worth, I'm an equal opportunity origin story hater (dislike both LoI's and LoS's). This is because I enjoy the mystery of unexplained things, like the Isoc/Wily connection in the Mega Man X series. Though I realize this is a bit hypocritical as I don't play the games for story...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 02:18:06 AM by Munchy »

anything