Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406084 times)

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I'm confused.... Why is it Simon on the cover, if Trevor is the protagonist?

Everything comes full circle

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Keep stuff relevant to the threads, please.
I cannot tell any more what thread is for what.  Kthx.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
so no LOS2 mention on the cover, guess that gaf person heard wrong. wonder if there's any inside the mag.

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
So, the first rumor about MoF featuring BOTH Simon and Trevor was true. Excited to see how it all turns out to be. Yep, let's move on to the MoF thread.

Still, if that's the Simon we're getting for LoS, can't complain. It's like a mixture of all the styles he had been pictured so far.

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
If that chapter list is even remotely legit, then I'm extremely excited!
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
My head is spinning from all this LoS2/MoF mixture crap...

Let's clarify here...

WHO is in LoS2? Simon or Trevor?

WHO is in MoF? Simon or Trevor?

WHERE is either confirmed?
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Sumac

• Legendary Hunter
  • Logic dominates. Fools must be controlled.
  • Awards The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
My head is spinning from all this LoS2/MoF mixture crap...

Let's clarify here...

WHO is in LoS2? Simon or Trevor?

WHO is in MoF? Simon or Trevor?

WHERE is either confirmed?
My guess is:
MoF: Trevor AND Simon. COnfirmed by Nintendo power.
LoS: Only Simon: Confirmed from original leak.

Also, keep in mind that the original leaked said that Alucard was involved in some way or another, So Alucard =/= Simon :relief:

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
My guess is:
MoF: Trevor AND Simon. COnfirmed by Nintendo power.
LoS: Only Simon: Confirmed from original leak.

Also, keep in mind that the original leaked said that Alucard was involved in some way or another, So Alucard =/= Simon :relief:

Thank you kind sir!

I posted my theory a few pages ago in this thread that Simon & Alucard could be brothers. Maybe evil twins? Setting up a pseudo-doppelganger fight? Something like that could be cool.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Phew, so that Simon=Alucard rumor was fake then? So that means Alucard will have a role in this somehow.

Also, might just be me but I think Trevor's coat looks nice.

Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
I hope this does not mean that Simon or Trevor is also "Alucard".

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I hope this does not mean that Simon or Trevor is also "Alucard".

Well if the first leaker was correct(this reveal might give him some validation now), Alucard is a seperate character and is not Trevor or Simon.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 10:37:48 AM by Kingshango »

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
This is going to sound harsh, it is not, it's just an observation.

Simon looks cool but I believe MS artists went the Ayami ruote and made him look stylish but not, hm.. practical? Look at those gloves, and of course, the return of the BOA hahahah (Yeah, it's wolf fur, and it's a cape now, it's an improvement but still...) I like the design, very much, like I like almost all Ayami designs (except Simon an juste) but.. it's certainly more of an artistic recreation.

And that's fine, we feared that the new series would get "serious, gritty and realistic"

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
I'm afraid I have to disappoint you guys. From leak guy:

want to do a bit of BS correcting/damage control.

sorry to disappoint, but the simon subscriber cover is just a special image done to celebrate the legacy of the franchise. he's not in any upcoming games [yet].

that chapter list is fake. LOS2 stars gabriel/dracula and takes place in the present day with flashbacks to the aftermath of LOS's epilogue.

numbered console LOS games will tell the story of gabriel/dracula and his feud with zobek/war with satan, while handheld spin-offs will appeal to traditional fans in that they show the history of the belmont clan and their war with dracula in the past. LOS2~onwards will take place in the present.

one thing that isn't BS though is that alucard is definitely in the cards. stay tuned.   

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
    • Awards
I'm afraid I have to disappoint you guys. From leak guy:

I just heard the sound of a shattering glass.

And suddenly, I stopped feeling my heart.