Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406233 times)

Offline Chernabogue

• Abaddon's Student
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2014-12-Music Contest Gold Prize 2017-02-Music Contest Runner-Up 2015-04- Music Contest 2nd Place 2015-03-Sprite Contest Silver Award 2015-02-Music Contest Winner
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 (PS3/X360)
I'm afraid I have to disappoint you guys. From leak guy:
Still sounds promising.

Again, only rumors.

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Other than Simon not being in LOS2, it still sound promising.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)

Wow, way to kick the hell out of the hype.....

And that Simon is not playable?

That is a huge letdown... :(

If you ask me, the only good thing from this new development is that Alucard is going to have a role.

I don't like the fact that the "handhelds" will once again be reserved only for the "hardcore fans of old".

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
An entire game in present day? FAIL.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
The sad part, for me anway, is that I'm zero interested in the present day story line, not before knowing what happened in the preceding years, you know why? becasue
1- That story will never end. Yeah, not in the foreseeable future, I smell a series of cliffhangers and teases now on.
2- I was intrigued by what MS could do with past settings. They could infuse the series with hstorical awareness leading to potentially awesome stuff.
3- I already know how that abttle will end. Gabriel wins, go to heaven, reunites with marie, Zobek is killed, Satan dfeetaed, the end.

Mercury: If that's true, you just lost your biggest fan.

Everything comes full circle

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
sorry to disappoint, but the simon subscriber cover is just a special image done to celebrate the legacy of the franchise. he's not in any upcoming games [yet].
:)

Offline Ring_of_Varda

• Str+30, Con+10, Int+30, Luck+5, Atk+40, Def+14
  • Hunter in Training
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)
this cant be real can it? did i die and suddenly im in a twisted hell where dreams can come true only to be dashed at a later date?

KONAMI! for the love of all that is holy take my money!! take it!!
"For God to be good, evil is a necessity in this world."

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
The sad part, for me anway, is that I'm zero interested in the present day story line, not before knowing what happened in the preceding years, you know why? becasue
1- That story will never end. Yeah, not in the foreseeable future, I smell a series of cliffhangers and teases now on.
2- I was intrigued by what MS could do with past settings. They could infuse the series with hstorical awareness leading to potentially awesome stuff.
3- I already know how that abttle will end. Gabriel wins, go to heaven, reunites with marie, Zobek is killed, Satan dfeetaed, the end.

Mercury: If that's true, you just lost your biggest fan.

but you see...that ending makes sense because in Bram Stoker's he was set free in the end. Dracula was never a 'bad' character he was a tragic character.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
:)

That just seems like a hint of Simon being in Lords of Shadow 2...

I really want Alucard to be a main character in a mercurysteam game......but I don't want him to be a whip wielding Belmont......

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

Looks like Lords of Shadow 2 is 100% confirmed as well, even though we pretty much guessed that last week. Here's a blurb from Nintendo Power.

"(Mirror of Fate has a) climax that will set up the events of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2."

Now, the article doesn't state that Lords of Shadow 2 is coming to Wii U. It simply confirms that the game exists. Let's hope we get this rumor fully confirmed by seeing Lords of Shadow 2 on Wii U!

from gonintendo

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
but you see...that ending makes sense because in Bram Stoker's he was set free in the end. Dracula was never a 'bad' character he was a tragic character.
Yeah, I'm not opposed to that ending, at all  :)
It's just that the sense of surprise is gone, you see... I don't know how to explain myself. I know that's the ultimate ending, but I hoped the lead up to it would have been grand in scale, different. Spanning centuries and intriguing stories all along.
Of course, all of that could happen in the portable entries, but I can't help but feel a little bummed.

But of course, we don't know anything for sure, and, this new modernVania could win me over again, who knows?  ;)

Everything comes full circle

Offline Kaori

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

And now I'm disappointed. However, the idea of the handheld games appealing to the traditional fans sounds good. I still have hope.

Offline thernz

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
According to the rumors, it seems to be exactly like Lords in terms of gameplay.
So I doubt that.

Offline Nagumo

• Midnight Memory
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention. The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics.
    • Awards
Mirror of Fate sets up for the present day sequel? I wonder if they want to wrap the storyline up quickly?

And yes, so far the game just seems like LoS on handhelds.

Offline DarkPrinceAlucard

• The Dark Prince
  • Master Hunter
  • Your dark prince has arrived.
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Castle Modding
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Mirror of Fate sets up for the present day sequel? I wonder if they want to wrap the storyline up quickly?

And yes, so far the game just seems like LoS on handhelds.

Seems like it.

I guess Cox wasn't lying when he said he did not want to become "Mr Castlevania".

You would think that they would try to make a least a 2 or 3 more games leading up to the modern day battle and yet they seem to be trying to do that with this title alone.

Considering the HUGE gap between LOS and the Modern timeline you would think some pretty interesting things happened during Gabriels hiding......guess he just did pretty much nothing for the majority of the 1000 year gap.

Castlevania Modding Forum http://castlevaniamodding.boards.net/

anything