Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406500 times)

Offline Lumas

• Legendary Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania (NES/etc)
but you see...that ending makes sense because in Bram Stoker's he was set free in the end. Dracula was never a 'bad' character he was a tragic character.

I dont know what book you read but Dracula WAS intended to be evil and in the end of the book he was killed, not set free. The movie made him appear as a tragic character but Dracula was intended by Bram to be evil.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)
I think we can stop with "Modern Day LOS2" from the other thread; the original poster from that other forum was a troll.
Thank God. It would have been way too early for it to jump to present day, even if there would have been flashbacks to the past.
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)

-said the game was LOS2, NP confirmed the name a few hours later
-chapters indicate the early game takes place in forest and mountain, simon pic shows him on a snowy mountain forest
-early 'coda' thing is called "the shattered mirror," then NP says MOF leads into LOS2

never know?

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I hope that most recent rumor is as fake as the Simon=Alucard one. Please... let it be. I have no interest in playing as Gabula in a modern era. IMO, LoS should be the only game where you play as him.

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

-said the game was LOS2, NP confirmed the name a few hours later
-chapters indicate the early game takes place in forest and mountain, simon pic shows him on a snowy mountain forest
-early 'coda' thing is called "the shattered mirror," then NP says MOF leads into LOS2

never know?

I actually hope so; the Simon's Quest-ish lineup of chapters sounds stellar to me, only because Simon's Quest was my first exposure to Castlevania over 20 years ago...
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline Ahasverus

• Just a long slumber
  • Master Hunter
  • Wandering on horizon road
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply. Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: DraculaX: Rondo of Blood (PC-Engine)
I hope that most recent rumor is as fake as the Simon=Alucard one. Please... let it be. I have no interest in playing as Gabula in a modern era. IMO, LoS should be the only game where you play as him.
This. Well I'm not opposed to those "Coda Chapters", it's the best solution in my book; a multuilayered narrative would be an interesting addition  ;)

For info's sake: konami pre-E3 conference will be at 12am PST this friday
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:20:21 AM by Ahasverus »

Everything comes full circle

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
A "Coda" in musical terms is a spot you jump to in a musical piece, usually after a repeat of a section.

Sort of like this:
You play a section, arrive at a repeat, and repeat a section.  That section has a Coda jump.
Upon replaying the section, instead of playing until the repeat, you play until the Coda, and 'jump' to another section of the piece.

It is my assumption that "Coda" chapters are sections in which you can either replay an area as a different character, or do a story jump to another character.

Just my assumption, though.

You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'm fine with it if PARTS of LoS2 are in the present day, but not the whole game. CV needs to have an old-age/oldschool look and feel to it, and putting it in a modern setting just wouldn't have the same atmosphere to it IMHO.

If that chapter list was even remotely true, that sets things up nicely as we could then have flash-forwards/interludes to the present day aftermath without sacrificing the previous era right after LoS1.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
That's another thing the Coda could be: a flash forward to present day.
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Lords of Shitow

• Hunter in Training
  • Only at the Castle Gate...
    • Awards
could just be more trolling but someone on 4chan quoted the chapter list said it was legit and the person was an asshole for posting it, then said something about the castle being in the deepest circle of hell with flames all around it and it being mercurysteam's best vista and that a trailer on friday is really good. refreshed like a second later and it was already gone. wonder if it was someone in the know and they didnt want to bring more attention to leaks and had second thoughts.

ugh i just need to know about LOS2, even though im pissed that this is the direction of the series i cant help but be drawn to anything CV haha

EDIT: oh found it just had to click back

This be legit but you're an asshole for posting it.

Castlevania in the deepest circle of hell surrounded by a sea of flames = hottest MS vista to date. They've really fucking outdone themselves this time. Friday's trailer will be hot.

maybe something, maybe not?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 11:58:04 AM by Lords of Shitow »

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)
I'm afraid I have to disappoint you guys. From leak guy:
I dunno if it was said yet but the guy who posted that admitted to being full of shit, and it wasn't the same leak guy we trust.

Offline LoneChild

• C12H17N2O4P
  • Vampire Hunter
    • Ningun Lugar
    • Awards
Entire LoS 2 in present day? Really? BULLSHIT. I am not buying any of this crap from a 4chan attention whore. Too much of a letdown, and the worst possible direction for the game to develope.

If anything, they will show some more present day scenes just like they did in LoS. But if this rumor turns out to be true... well, you know I'm from Spain, i'll drive to Madrid and give Enric a well earned whipping. This I swear to you guys.

Apart from this, sweet as hell Simon redesign. I'm totally in love with the art direction we are getting from Mercury Steam.

Oh, and by the way, hi again guys (if somebody happens to remember me from the old, old days, that is XD )

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
Offline A-Yty

• Your beloved monster
  • Master Hunter
  • Floating Catacomb janitor
  • Awards SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Linnavaanijat
    • Awards
Oh, and by the way, hi again guys (if somebody happens to remember me from the old, old days, that is XD )

Indeed I do  8)

Offline Dark Nemesis

• Lord of Darkness
  • Master Hunter
  • Peeping your dreams....
  • Awards Town Crier: Updates the forum with many news items, often not even Castlevania. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards

I remember you, welcome back. :)
Ruler of Chaos