Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406203 times)

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
Oh, and by the way, hi again guys (if somebody happens to remember me from the old, old days, that is XD )

Hi there! :3
You must obey Da Rulez!
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
So it was written somewhere that the climax of MoF sets up LoS2. Yet the article posted in the MoF thread says that MoF is a direct sequel to LoS1, set 25yrs later and starring Trevor.

OK so if the sequel to LoS1 is going to 3DS, then what the hell are we getting for PS3/Xbox?
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline Jorge D. Fuentes

• Boogeymen check under their beds for Julius Belmont.
  • Administrator
  • Master Hunter
  • It will always be Brinstar, dammit!
  • Awards A great musician and composer of various melodies both original and game-based. The Artist: Designs copious amounts of assorted artwork. 2015-03-3D Art Contest GOLD Award SuperOld Dungeonite: Members who have been around since the oldOLD days. ICVD Denizen: Those that dwell in the corrupted, mirror image of The Dungeon.
    • Jorge's DeviantArt Page
    • Awards
Jorge's Kickass VG Radio Station Open it in Winamp/MPClassic (broadband connection preferred)
Jorge's Kickass Youtube CV Music Channel
My Personal Minecraft Server (send me your In-Game Name so that I may Whitelist you)

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Yes. Wasn't it the same guy who broke this game as rumors the one who said MoF was to be an interquel that bridges LoS with LoS2? The reason why people are calling MoF a sequel to LoS is because it technically comes AFTER LoS, but see it like Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, which comes after the first game and takes place before the second.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
  • In the shadows, lurks redemption
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3/X360)
Honestly, I'd prefer to play as Gabriel in lords of shadow 2. I'd like his story to be told first before we divulge into different protagonists. I don't mind playing as them in a gaiden game, like what mirror of faith is seemingly going to be, but I'd like to see the end to Gabriel's personal story and what happens to him before we go to different protagonists on the console iterations.

To me, lords of shadow is more of Gabriel's story, and while other characters can show up and be playable, the central character is Gabriel.

Not to mention, I'd prefer him to not end up like Dracula. Showing up in every game like a Saturday morning cartoon villain, saying "blah blah humans bastards blah damn god blah true power blah blah", and getting whipped to death like a bdsm sadist. Dracula just lost his edge over time.

Plus Gabriel distinctly says "es sun Dracul!", I am the dragon. So, since the teaser site distinctly says "the dragon returns" and not "the son of the dragon returns (Dracula)", it'd only make sense for Gabriel to be the playable character in this one

Offline Thunderbrand

• Vampire Hunter
  • Awards Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I'll say it now, if LoS2 (or whatever the PS3 game is gonna be called) is set entirely in present day, I'm gonna be FURIOUS.

Have part of it in present day, fine.
Have flash-forwards to present day, fine.

Set the whole game in present day? Wrong.
*I'm not a newbie...I had several hundred posts with this screenname on the old board*

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
I have a feeling the coda parts of the chapters are a different character and I'm willing to bet it's ...Alucard. Every Coda has a very vampire like title.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I don't see a reason why it couldn't be set in present day. Aria of sorrow did it fine, and they could explore areas outside of cities and such, like lush jungles in south America or the mountains in India. No doubt we'd see hellish landscapes as well, since lucifer seems to be on the horizon.

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
I don't see a reason why it couldn't be set in present day. Aria of sorrow did it fine, and they could explore areas outside of cities and such, like lush jungles in south America or the mountains in India. No doubt we'd see hellish landscapes as well, since lucifer seems to be on the horizon.
Aria's set in the near future, and it didn't dwell on the present, as the castle itself(which the majority of the game is centered around) is as classically represented as if it was the 1700s. There's a few MORE modern things tossed in DoS(intro in Tokyo, and the cars and vans in the Forgotten Village), but it was still rather classically designed too.

Though, I can't say I'd car for adventures through South American or India. Not interested in a Tomb Raider-vania. Keep the exotic locations for Uncharted, for Castlevania, pour on the gothic darkness, drench that puppy!!

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
a modern day game isn't ideal.  dreams of a richer Dracula's Castle are shattered.  but, ever since seeing the epilogue, i've been prepared for the possibility.  i'd just refocus some of the anticipation for the 1999 game towards this one and that should get me by. 

Offline Profbeanburrito

• Vampire Killer
  • Master Hunter
  • The Mask is a powerful device...
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
I think the will be a modern day LoS sequel, but not for awhile. I think we'll have Mirror of Fate, Los 2, maybe another handheld game and then finally LoS 3 will be Gabriel's final fight against Satan, and that will be set in modern times
What a horrible night to have a curse!

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
Now that the hype behind Mirror of Fate has settled (until the full scans, direct feed screens and/or footage is released) all eyes are LOS2 now.

Also someone dropped three hints about LOS2. (grain of salt etc.)

Alucard
The flying vampire mask from Simons Quest in HD
A God of War style giant in hell (This one might put a frown on quite a few faces)

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Now that the hype behind Mirror of Fate has settled (until the full scans, direct feed screens and/or footage is released) all eyes are LOS2 now.

Also someone dropped three hints about LOS2. (grain of salt etc.)

Alucard
The flying vampire mask from Simons Quest in HD
A God of War style giant in hell (This one might put a frown on quite a few faces)

I was saying Alucard will be involved but I'm thinking a Belmont will be too. Switching characters within game..

Offline Vrakanox

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS1/SS)
I was saying Alucard will be involved but I'm thinking a Belmont will be too. Switching characters within game..

With local co-op? Awww yeahhh.

Offline Darkson

• Hunter in Training
    • Awards
I just hope that, when things come to the end, that they don't forget to keep the story a good quality. I liked Gabriel's tale and I wish to see more of it