Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [ID] Topic: "The Dragon Returns" - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Sequel (HERE BE SPOILER INFO)  (Read 2406196 times)

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Adventure Rebirth (Wii)

Offline Kingshango

• Crisis's retired back up dancer.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Our leaker friend say's it is Gabriel and that the full image has Alucard with him.

We'll know soon enough.

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Our leaker friend say's it is Gabriel and that the full image has Alucard with him.

We'll know soon enough.

If Alucard uses a whip in the game I will be disappointed. I hope they give us equipment to find, and weapons to get. It'd be nice with some variety for a change. I could see them bringin vampire transformations back like in symphony of the night. Imagine running around as a wolf!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas.
    • Awards
I don't think the game will be taking place in modern times unless time travel is involved.

Gabriel looks pretty young in that promo shot, he was decrepit and way past his time in the epilogue.

Offline crisis

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Trollmeister: Knows just the right thing to say to tick you off, sometimes. The Great Collector: Has a seemingly obscene amount of Castlevania memorabilia.
    • Awards
Do you think St. Germain will be reimagined? prolly not, but I did like his character way better than "Aeon"

Offline e105beta

• Shafted
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards 2015-03-Sprite Contest 3rd Place The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate (N3DS)
I don't think the game will be taking place in modern times unless time travel is involved.

Gabriel looks pretty young in that promo shot, he was decrepit and way past his time in the epilogue.

Link to the promo shot?

Offline flyingchai

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES)

Alucard being the wolf that's stalking him in Cox's pic, maybe?
Oh the anticipation!!
http://flyingchai.deviantart.com - My art here is usually CV inspired
http://www.twitter.com/flyingchai01 - Tweeting more and more lately

Offline DragonSlayr81

• The Beast Inside
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (NES)
Do you think St. Germain will be reimagined? prolly not, but I did like his character way better than "Aeon"
That's an interesting idea. Though, I have to admit, I'd love for Cox and Alvarez to tone down the "reboot cameo" thing. I want to see some more NEW Belmonts like Gabriel. I don't want all the Belmonts(or what ever Belmonts will be present in THIS series) to be named after the ones in the original series. I wouldn't be against seeing a Steven/Stephen Belmont, a Michael Belmont, a Joseph Belmont or, like I said in the other thread, a Richard Belmont.

Offline GuyStarwind

• Lawful Good
  • Master Hunter
  • Shahrukh Khan is the greatest actor out there
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Crappy Brown Jacket Films
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: The DraculaX Chronicles (PSP)
I'm down for new Belmonts. However, depending on how Simon and Trevor are handled it could be interesting to see Cox take on other Belmonts.

Offline Flame

• Master Hunter
  • Master of Castle von Morder
  • Awards Master Debater: Gracefully argues 'til the cows come home about topics. The Great Defender will always defend the object of his or her fandom. Permanent Resident: Seems to always be around to post/reply.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania Bloodlines (Genesis)
I... Kinda want a MS Julius Belmont for the Modern day part of the story...
Laura and Gabriel arrive in the deepest cave of the castle and... they find IGA.

Offline Reinhart77

• Courage, don't leave me now.
  • Master Hunter
  • Awards The Unfazed: Never loses his/her calm, even in the most heated arguments. The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness (N64)
i think i'm gonna be surprised if the game doesn't take place in modern age.  the reason is that i'm betting that MS doesn't know how many more Castlevania games they're gonna make in the future, and they want to tell a complete story.  if they don't end up making any more past LOS2, that'll leave us hanging at LOS1's epilogue. 

i think the three LoS games together will tell a complete story.  Gabriel defeating Lords of Shadow and Satan [LoS], becoming Dracula [LoS DLC], getting beaten by four Belmonts at 100 year intervals [MoF], "giving up" (because he knows he can't win, he's not as evil as he used to be, he just wants to die, and/or he's just waiting for the Belmont Clan to die out) and stays in a hole for 500 years [LoS Epilogue], and then fighting Satan for the off chance that he'll be able to die [LoS2], and probably getting redeemed in the end [LoS2 or 3]. 

any games that come later would then be a sequel to LoS2 in the new era, or a prequel, or fill some gap between the three games. 

of course, who knows how many games MS is planning on making, but that's what i'm going to expect.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:43:57 PM by Reinhart77 »

Offline Belmont Stakes

• Registered Massholevaniac
  • Vampire Hunter
  • Smashing controllers since 1982
    • Awards
When is this site going to open? I wonder if they will have more of the lesser enemies in this game that are indigenous to the earlier titles. Open up already!!!!!):(

Remember my name and know this. I have Suffolk Down Syndrome.

Stop me if you've heard this one.
A Belmont falls through a trap door into a square prison with no exits. After hitting three sides he smashes through the last one. Relieved and low on health he looks at the camera, smiles and says......"Pork chop?"
ULTIMATE FOURTH WALL BREAK!!! That just happened!!!

Offline CastleDan

• Vampire Hunter
    • Awards
Link to the promo shot?

I posted it a page or so back...

it's the pre-e3 promo shot and you can see a vampire in the image.

Offline shelverton.

• Master Hunter
  • Awards The Retro Gamer: Has a heated passion for the oldschool VG Titles. One-Time Show: Not quite a lurker, but posts infrequently and in only few areas. Capable of resolving arguments/fights peacefully without mod/admin intervention.
    • Awards
  • Favorite Game: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)
I can't wait any longer. Going insane. I've already played a couple of stages from the original Castlevania, Super Castlevania 4, Dracula's Curse and Rondo if Blood in the last few hours, but now I'm playing - wait for it - KRUSTY'S SUPER FUN HOUSE, just to get my mind off Castlevania for a while. Guiding mice to their doom is surprisingly effective.

"Castlevania: The Dragon Failed to Return before Shelverton's bedtime" is what this game is now officially called. Good night folks!

Offline Dremn

• Master Hunter
    • Awards

anything